Classic responses .
    - I do not have this issue, therefore it cannot be true
    - I have no use for this function, therefore it is useless and is not a valid complaint
    05-08-13 10:13 AM
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:14 AM
    What features from legacy are missing?

Posted via CB10
    It's not so much MISSING as it appears in many cases degraded or a detriment in ease of use. THe OP mentioned a few, the speed dial limit as an example.

The Voice dialing is much more cumbersome on the Z10. The ability to choose whether to delete and e-mail from the device, server, or both. (I know, I know, BIS is no more, blah blah, but, the end result is: lost that functionality).

Although this becomes a non-issue once everything is set-up, the e-mail set-up has gone from a shoulder shrug to potentially needing some technical insight into aspects of how mail servers work. For IT fluent types, like me, no big deal. For casual users NOT fluent, or not caring about IT, the older devices were simply enter e-mail, password (then lightenting struck) and your e-mail was up and running. It was really that simple.

Many business (and other types) prefer to store e-mails for more than 30 days.

The ability to sych with your outlook client one way, both ways, or not at all for certain folders via the Desktop software app. For now, that's lost/gone. Maybe coming back, but, for now, GONE.

Touchy one here, I'm sure. Battery Life. BBs, traditionally, could go days, literally, on one charge. Sure, with processing needs and HD screens, it's gotta go down. Still, it a CHANGE in functionaltiy that many had to adapt to. My Bold 9780 could go three days with moderate use on one charge. Under heavy use, a solid 24 hours was NOT out of the question.

This may be improved over time, but "back in the day" you could send an e-mail to someone, copy yourself, and your BB would be pinging before the cc got thru your own companies e-mail server back to your desktop client. Today, on my Z10, 5minutes is the minimum, as that's the min time (i think) you can set up to parse your e-mail server. 5 minutes may not seem like an enternity, but stare at your screen for five minutes with a stop watch. It can be an eterity if you're pinched for time on a time-sensitive e-mail.

I mean, none of this makes the Z10 inferior. These are changes that occured in the transition, and missed by many.
    Mazokun, Donvald and Harley Kid like this.
    I have speed dial natively on my Z10 so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    I think the OP is talking about having a limit of 9 speed dial but not sure.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is as a business user these options allow you to be much more efficient..

Posted via CB10

Hmmm, I would like some emails past the 29 day mark, atleast 2 months back....
    Sync with MS outlook for my calenders and contacts would be good....a 2 way sync.
    So without those I can be more efficient?
    05-08-13 10:16 AM
    What features from legacy are missing?

Posted via CB10
    Dave, legacy BlackBerry's are fully customizable. From top to bottom we could (sometimes with the help of an app) completely make them do, look, respond, react and feel any which way we wanted them to. As BlackBerry releases API capabilities for the devs to play with, we will see some very awesome features. This being a new os, everything that's missing is to be expected.

OP: I'm quite pleased with my Z10 and I look forward to future enhancements.
    05-08-13 10:17 AM
    Not disappointed at all. There are a few things I haven't figured out yet, that isn't the fault of the phone. I just got so used to not thinking about my phone, now I have to take the time every once in a while to get the routine. No big deal. A lot better than my Note2 which is a good phone but always takes a long time to get anything done, I don't even want to look at it anymore.
    Someone mentioned "legacy functionality". You doubtless remember when the Curve was new and all the rage, didn't format emails very well. It took a few updates to get that right. Just keep that in mind.
    05-08-13 10:18 AM
    It's not so much MISSING as it appears in many cases degraded or a detriment in ease of use. THe OP mentioned a few, the speed dial limit as an example.

The Voice dialing is much more cumbersome on the Z10. The ability to choose whether to delete and e-mail from the device, server, or both. (I know, I know, BIS is no more, blah blah, but, the end result is: lost that functionality).

Although this becomes a non-issue once everything is set-up, the e-mail set-up has gone from a shoulder shrug to potentially needing some technical insight into aspects of how mail servers work. For IT fluent types, like me, no big deal. For casual users NOT fluent, or not caring about IT, the older devices were simply enter e-mail, password (then lightenting struck) and your e-mail was up and running. It was really that simple.

Many business (and other types) prefer to store e-mails for more than 30 days.

The ability to sych with your outlook client one way, both ways, or not at all for certain folders via the Desktop software app. For now, that's lost/gone. Maybe coming back, but, for now, GONE.

Touchy one here, I'm sure. Battery Life. BBs, traditionally, could go days, literally, on one charge. Sure, with processing needs and HD screens, it's gotta go down. Still, it a CHANGE in functionaltiy that many had to adapt to. My Bold 9780 could go three days with moderate use on one charge. Under heavy use, a solid 24 hours was NOT out of the question.

This may be improved over time, but "back in the day" you could send an e-mail to someone, copy yourself, and your BB would be pinging before the cc got thru your own companies e-mail server back to your desktop client. Today, on my Z10, 5minutes is the minimum, as that's the min time (i think) you can set up to parse your e-mail server. 5 minutes may not seem like an enternity, but stare at your screen for five minutes with a stop watch. It can be an eterity if you're pinched for time on a time-sensitive e-mail.

I mean, none of this makes the Z10 inferior. These are changes that occured in the transition, and missed by many.
    Well said!!
    So if some never used or never cared so emails....then it is not a problem, so the phone is Perfect!
    But if your missing it then its not perfect.....
    05-08-13 10:18 AM
    As of right now I am not disappointed in the Z10. There are definitely improvements that could make BB10 better but I am guessing we will be seeing those in future updates. At least I hope so.

I also believe there is a lot more information about what BB has up its sleeves for the remainder of the year and beyond which will be revealed next week at BlackBerry Live.
    05-08-13 10:22 AM
    Not disappointed at all. There are a few things I haven't figured out yet, that isn't the fault of the phone. .
    This thread is like a relationship.....making excuses etc...."its not you, its me"
    Donvald likes this.
    05-08-13 10:26 AM
    - 30 day emails are fixed in 10.1
    - 5 min to check for emails? What email are you using? The only one I know of that has this 5 min limit is any @yahoo.com based emails. My @live.com @hotmail.com and @gmail.com email all have instant push.
    - not for nothing, but if I have to scroll through 9+ speed dial numbers, I'm quicker tapping Contacts > first letter of contact name > contact name > number. That's 4 taps.
    - as for missing customization, try Hub++ as it allows for LED and ringer customization for individual accounts, not just emails in general.

OP was asking for opinions, so yes, it is valid to say that I don't have these issues, therefore it is "perfect" for me. As I stated, I don't have the reboot issue, but some do so I can't say it doesn't exist. I just don't personally know anyone that has it.
    05-08-13 10:28 AM
    Sorry. I could not be happier with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:30 AM
    Classic responses .
    - I do not have this issue, therefore it cannot be true
    - I have no use for this function, therefore it is useless and is not a valid complaint
    Typical responses:
    - I have issues so therefore all are true and impossible to fix
    - The features I use/need are utterly necessary and everyone should acknowledge them as such
    Last edited by Yemson; 05-08-13 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Quote added.
    05-08-13 10:34 AM
    Nope, I have none of these problems. I'm quite pleased and getting excited for 10.1
    05-08-13 10:44 AM
    I LOVE mine! Had an iPhone 4S, Nokia 920, have a Nexus 7 so I use stock android and this OS by FAR is slicker than everything I have used in my opinion. I love my Z10.
    05-08-13 10:49 AM
    Not disappointed at all. Are there some features I'd like added or changed; of course.

Welcome to the World of CrackBerry.com
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-08-13 10:50 AM
    i am disappointed in my z10 as well... lack of apps is killing me..i really hope my s4 could come sooner
    05-08-13 10:50 AM
    Love mine for work, perhaps you are a Q10 type of user
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-08-13 10:52 AM
    Guys let's just get along, I use my Z10 for business and relaxing not everything is perfect but I am more satisfied than disappointed, and I can see things are getting a lot better, have not had any of the rebooting issues, so I cannot speak to it but from all we hearing about 10.1 a lot of your problems may be fixed, maybe you can try it before the official release to see if it helps you.
    stevepar likes this.
    05-08-13 10:53 AM
    In a nutshell, I am very pleased, getting more so each day.
    05-08-13 10:54 AM
    Well you have a better chance of BlackBerry addressing issues then the other OS vendors. BlackBerry WANTS you to use their products. I like the active updating BB does.
    05-08-13 10:58 AM
    You're asking a bunch of Crackberry fanboys if they are unhappy with their Blackberry. That's like walking into a church and asking everyone if they are as unhappy with god as you are. Let's be real here, you are better off asking a wall this.
    05-08-13 11:12 AM
    I'm satisfied with my Z10

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    05-08-13 11:18 AM
    This. I would also add the effective loss of bridging with the Playbook. It's still "there" in theory, but it's been crippled such that the only use it provides means that people like me will never use it.

Not sure what kind of battery the 9780 had, but I get nothing near that sort of battery life on my 9900. Last fall, on vacation, I had GPS, bluetooth, and wifi all turned off. Phone was used for some pictures, a couple of short videos (30-90 seconds each) and BBM, and the Bold would power itself down by 8:30 pm everyday.
    05-08-13 11:23 AM
    I think that a Q10 might have been the better selection for you considering that you previously had a bold and the Q10 is basically a Blackberry Bold on steroids.
    brout likes this.
    05-08-13 11:24 AM
352 1234 ...