In May of 2013 I posted the above question stating my issues with my Z10. If you can still find that post you can read my objections. . I Thought now that I have an official 10.2 from Verizon I should give an update. I was very disappointed in my Z10 and the OS at the time. I never said I didn't like it, I was just bringing up the points that I thought they made a mistake leaving out that we had in legacy devices. I have been a loyal Crackberry Head for years now. I tried several times to download leaked 10.2's over the last year and was never really happy with the results. I always ended up rolling back to the 10.1. Two weeks ago I finally got the notice that 10.2 was available, I was skeptical, as I had resigned myself to moving to the Iphone on my next purchase. I finally downloaded it and have been using it for a week now. My first impression is I pray that it is not too late! Although it hasn't fixed all of the issues I had with the OS the changes are huge deal makers for me, so much so that I am back on board with BB and if necessary will go down with the ship, but I hope there is life in BB because I am in love all over again.

The first improvement that was important to me is they fixed the email fonts! In the previous versions the emails that came through the print was so small it was impossible for an old dude like me to read. The Pinch and Spread enlarged the print but scrolling side to side is not feasable for long emails. All of my emails now come through in readable font size. Huge improvement! That alone would have been enough for me but there are several other improvements. The addition of speed dial to the dial pad! Although it still takes several gestures to get there, you have to open the phone then go to dial pad then press the button you want. It is a major step in the right direction, although it is not perfect. BB gets major points for the effort. The Third thing that is another huge improvement that may not seem like much but it is for people who deal with alot of emails. We now have the ability to choose whether we want to delete an email just on the device or on the device and server. A small but important revision that we always had on legacy devices. I also like the new incoming call interface. Although the previous one wasnt bad and I didnt have an issue with it the shorter stroke across rather than up and down is just a little easier to use. The other thing that is nice is the dropdown setting menu has been expanded to include somethings that I use all the time that were buried in the setting like Airplane Mode and Flashlight again not huge upgrade but really nice to have. I am still not sure about the Priority Hub, not sure it is needed but havent used it enough yet. Battery life was improved with the last upgrade I do not know yet if this updgrade improved it more. I am sure there are other improvements that I will find over the coming weeks. If anyone is still reading this thread I would love to hear any improvement that you might have found. Overall I have to say, 10.2 for me is a game changer, the improvements have made me fall in love with my BB all over again. I can now say the Z10 is the best best device on the Market!

PS. Since this original post I have dropped my Z10 several times with no damage at all. I love the design, so I have just a Zagg Invisisheild Screen protecter on it. I took it with me one day on a trail run to listen to music, I was carrying it in my hand. I tripped on a gravel road, My natural reaction was to put my hands out to break the fall. I landed hands first with the screen to the ground (gravel) and the full force of my weight. When I gathered my composure I saw my Z10 , battery and battery door were separated a few feet away. When I turned the device over I was expecting the worst. The only damage was a slight scratch in the lower corner of the screen that does not come into the feild of view. I was amazed! I am sure it was mostly luck but the Z10 is one tough device!
    CMcRob likes this.
    02-05-14 08:52 AM
    Im glad that this recent OS upgrade has helped you to find something you love again!!!!
    Jaackil likes this.
    02-05-14 09:06 AM
    I hate z10. Please send me one of this device
    I have no phone at all.
    Please. No contract Please

Posted via CB10
    ??

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    02-05-14 09:28 AM
    I hate z10. Please send me one of this device
    I have no phone at all.
    Please. No contract Please

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like those emails that come from someone in Nigeria wanting me to cash a check for them.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    02-05-14 10:32 AM
    OP is still on 10.2? Wow.

Just wait for 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:39 AM
    Damn I'm still on 10.1 and I absolutely love my Z10. I can't wait for 10.2.1!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 11:20 AM
    10.1!! That's amazing in 2014, I miss the game compatibility in 10.1 tho namely, Six Guns

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 11:24 AM
    I have to admit I love my Z10, glad I got it, I also love the modding/tweaking community that is on here. What I DONT love is the battery! Abject dissapointment with it, but i'm still tweak tweak tweaking and hoping the proposed maintenance update helps.
    Jahcure likes this.
    02-05-14 11:34 AM
    I agree 100% with you. The new update has made a world of difference for me as well for all the reasons you mention.
    02-05-14 11:40 AM
    Had my Z10 over a year now and love it just as much, if not more now with th latest 10.2.1 update. Just keeps getting better and better, and still blown away by this amazing keyboard that lets me type gibberish but when I Iook up is perfect English!

Z10 In action here!
    Last edited by knighty2112; 02-05-14 at 12:13 PM.
    02-05-14 11:49 AM
    Update is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:50 PM
    I love the new features on 10.2.1. Heads and tails above from when I first got it close to a year ago.

Posted with my Z10
    02-05-14 01:08 PM
    I hate the z10 battery. it drain too fast

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:36 PM
    I believe that the OP is referring to 10.2.1 and not to 10.2. Right?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:53 PM
    Love my Z10.. Love 10.2.1.. Love BB!!
    02-05-14 03:57 PM