04-11-13 03:28 AM
28 12
tools
    Before the Z10, I was seriously thinking about making the switch to Android (Note 2). I was losing faith in BlackBerry's refusal or inability to make sound business decisions with their phones and OS.

So glad I didn't.

LOVE my Z10.
    04-09-13 08:19 PM
    I really miss the battery on my note 2 though. The battery is really underpowered for such a power hungry device. I swear my battery drains 1 percent for every 5 mins of surfing.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:38 AM
    Some folks complain about the lack of apps on BB10, but I often have to ask the question: just how many apps do you use daily? Even weekly? I have about 25 apps I use regularly, some daily and some weekly, and most of the ones I want are already on BB10, with the exception of Skype and possibly Netflix. I would use Netflix more often if I had it on my Z10, but I'm certainly not strapped for apps.
    Of the apps I use regularly, not many of them are on BB. I really want a Q10 but the lack of apps is killing any possibility of my picking one up. I hate using a touch screen to type and I love the look, feel, and the BB10 OS as a whole but the apps are the deciding factor for me.

Here's a list of my top used apps:
    -Chrome: Not on BB, but the BB browser will suffice
    -Facebook: The app on BB10 is pretty terrible from what I've seen/heard
    -Twitter: The app looks a little slower but I can deal with that
    -Instagram: Not on BB10 and no real indication if it will come apart from Kevin saying it will
    -YouTube: No app but I guess I could use the less elegant mobile web version, not sure I'd even want to use YouTube apart from short videos because of the Q10's smaller screen
    -Tumblr: No app on BB10 and no decent third party apps
    -Crunchyroll: No app on BB10
    -Skydrive: No app on BB10
    -Google Maps: No app on BB10, and the BB Maps are worse than Apple's mediocre app.
    -Slacker Radio: There's an app on BB10, and from what I've seen it's a nice native one.
    -Generic transit app for my city: I couldn't find any on BB World on my carrier's display Z10.
    -TD Canada: Coming, but no release date.
    -Yelp: No app for BB10
    -Podcasting app: None of my usual podcasting apps are there but there's Nobex radio and "Podcasts" which might be able to work for me

And don't get me started on games. I could make a big list of games I regularly play on the bus. I really want to go back to Blackberry (I used to have a BB 9900 before moving over), but the apps I use just aren't there and the ones that are are usually worse. I'm in a situation where I'm either going to get a Q10, Nexus 4, Galaxy S4, or an iPhone 5S (whenever the latter two come out) and I need to decide soon since my current phone is half broken.
    04-11-13 03:28 AM
28 12