It's been hashed/rehashed here. In a nutshell, the only carrier that has done a halfway decent job of marketing the BB10 devices has been Verizon.

There is a really bizarro, deeply-entrenched animosity in the USA to Blackberry. My personal opinion is that in many cases, it's a backlash from all the people over the years that had Blackberries only because they were mandated at work, and as such, regardless of any inherent qualities of the device, it became the poster-child for "Boring thing that has all the fun stuff locked-down by my company management and which I can't surf Facebook or Tumblr or ICanHazCheezburger on, or download warez on."

So there is all this pent-up animosity about RIM/Blackberry because they were always linked to the evil I.T. overlords at work or something.
    I personally think that BlackBerry has a great chance to position themselves as a phone for the progressive people. Really, every old fart now wields an iPhone, and it is just no longer cool to have that device. Android is not there yet in terms of convenience or function.
    That makes BlackBerry the best option!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:18 PM
    I personally think that BlackBerry has a great chance to position themselves as a phone for the progressive people. Really, every old fart now wields an iPhone, and it is just no longer cool to have that device. Android is not there yet in terms of convenience or function.
    That makes BlackBerry the best option!

Right, but I haven't seen a lot of evidence that they are operating like a "progressive" company, other than the fact that they have a new platform (which they had no choice about, really) and that it does things a little differently in some ways than the other common platforms. (no surprise either, no point in bringing out a completely new platform that works identically to everything else)

Apple under Jobs really was at the top of the pyramid when it came to that sort of thinking. But like Microsoft, they became a victim of their own success and the popularity of their platform ecosystem self-perpetuated itself until it became "old hat". The loss of Jobs certainly didn't help, and I'm not convinced Jony Ives is their saviour either. The one or 2 interviews of him I've seen didn't particularly impress me.

Personally I think BBRY should have given more emphasis to the TAT crew from Sweden. But instead, they seem to downplay their contributions and all you ever hear from are the longtime Blackberry UI people from Canada, as if they are protecting their traditional corporate turf or something.
    05-27-13 05:07 PM
    Wow. Great to hear there are in fact a bunch of Z10 users out there. It will be nice to actually see one at some point.

And for those in the bay area, I'd suggest downloading...

1) BartGuide: Its an Android port, but its the best bart app I've been able to find.
    2) Where's My Bus?: Great muni tracking app.

Any other bay area app suggestions?
    05-27-13 05:44 PM
    Wow. Great to hear there are in fact a bunch of Z10 users out there. It will be nice to actually see one at some point.

And for those in the bay area, I'd suggest downloading...

1) BartGuide: Its an Android port, but its the best bart app I've been able to find.
    2) Where's My Bus?: Great muni tracking app.

Any other bay area app suggestions?

You just suggested the 2 I would have suggested.
    05-27-13 06:57 PM
    San Jose here!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:44 PM
    I'm over in Walnut Creek area. And I have seen a few out in the wild. Not tons, but have definitely seen them. The most I'll see is in the city at Giants games.
    05-27-13 07:52 PM
    Sacramento here and I haven't seen anyone with a Z10 yet. I've been showing mine off and one guy said he's getting one. Verizon rep at the mall kiosk said they love the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 10:02 PM
    Salinas here.
    05-27-13 10:31 PM
    I roam in Walnut Creek too and still haven't seen one.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:18 AM
    I know, BlackBerry still need to work hard to regain some of its big time pizzazz. Both Apple and Microsoft have lost all of it. Google has a little bit remaining ? big corporations are good at being boring.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 04:24 AM
35 12