Speaking of Skype, Windows and the alternatives... Anyone here tried Faceflow and if so what are your thoughts or opinions
    Haven't really tried it since there is no app for that on android and iOS... I think most of the people waiting for Skype is mainly to video chat with people in other mobile devices, so if there's no app on other platforms I believe it's kinda useless

Posted via CB10
    Fnen90 likes this.
    04-13-13 11:33 AM
    I've used it a couple of times. Very smooth (I was on LTE). I have been trying to get 2+ on a conference call to check that function but no luck as yet.
    04-13-13 11:34 AM
    CB has over 10000 threads discussing about 100 topics...numerous discussing directly, or indirectly, Skype alone. But glad to see this latest one not filled with retorts of "who cares" or "not really needed, or no app is really critical" for Z/Q/OS10 success.

Yes, should have been at launch, at least in some form. Yes, appears as a poor mgmt decision but is definitely bring manipulated some by big M. If delayed only 2 mths after launch of OS10 phones, will cost BB millions in lost sales/returns. This deficiency will be/is in tech reviews and such also depresses sales (to those other than staunch BB loyalists). A material # of Cell consumers contemplating, or buying under false assumption, Z's are upset to learn no Skype, or near equivalent except BBtoBB petiod. (There are a handful of other apps that likely are critical for return of profitability for BB.)

As a bit of an aside but directed at another comment in this thread: BB is trying to recapture market share lost to Apple and zdrpid phones. But it cannot lose sight of Microsoft and its PC users. True Microsoft has made critical mistakes that have kept it from continued phenomenal growth and being largest company in World
    But as M swallowed the mainframe and mini markets with the help of the millennium crisis 15 years ago, then ironically kept Apple in business to keep antitrust wolves at bay only now to be eclipsed in revs by Apple, they finally swallowed the pill and realize the need to integrate handheld and PC into a single integrated platform. Moreover. And somewhat similar to Apple, M sees the integration into TV both as a device and the cable/content end. Look for the next technical "squeeze" to come from mandatory integration PC/handheld then quickly with 3rd element of TV--all 3 in one. Apple is pretty well positioned already but Micro could leapfrog everyone else especially if it gets any traction on Win based phones...BlackBerry also will have to join this game soon ... but this is today, let's get OS10 firmly off the runway first.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:04 PM
    I would love Skype to be compatible with BBM. This will just make BlackBerry the ultimate business-personal communication device par none.

Posted via CB10
    tstrike34 and Fnen90 like this.
    04-13-13 12:07 PM
    Folks wanting Skype should really go over to the Skype website and push hard there. The link points to the promise by "Claudius" (a forum Admin) of an Android port. There are 7 pages (10 posts per page) of discussion on the subject about as cynical as they are here with a rumour of a mid-May delivery date.

Skype for BlackBerry 10 - Skype Community
    Last edited by Enyigma; 04-13-13 at 01:22 PM.
    04-13-13 12:36 PM
    Latest breaking news, it's still not available on either my phone or Playbook, Apparently it hasn't been announced yet regarding any possible release date. Still they say no news is good news so I guess it must be imminent.
    04-13-13 01:58 PM
    With BBM video chat and FaceFlow, who needs Skype, especially if it's an android port?
    04-13-13 04:04 PM
    With BBM video chat and FaceFlow, who needs Skype, especially if it's an android port?
    I think people want something that's cross platform which neither BBM or faceflow(yet) are.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 04:09 PM
    I wish! I need it though as my research group all uses Skype If only consumers used what was available on all platforms instead of just a few!
    04-13-13 04:11 PM
    Kik is an android port and it's integrated with the Hub

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 04:11 PM
    Not everyone has a BlackBerry for BBM.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-13-13 04:32 PM
    I think people want something that's cross platform which neither BBM or faceflow(yet) are.

Posted via CB10
    I wish! I need it though as my research group all uses Skype If only consumers used what was available on all platforms instead of just a few!
    Not everyone has a BlackBerry for BBM.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Yes I realize BBM isn't available to everyone, I didn't know that was the same case with FaceFlow though
    04-13-13 04:48 PM
    Yes I realize BBM isn't available to everyone, I didn't know that was the same case with FaceFlow though
    Yes although Faceflow has stated that they are developing for ios and android

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    04-13-13 05:24 PM
    Wow... One of the most wanted app is Skype and Will be a port?!?!?...ugh!! Whats so Keep Moving from BB10??? Thats lame...BB age of rocks 2013.
    04-13-13 08:18 PM
    Wow... One of the most wanted app is Skype and Will be a port?!?!?...ugh!! Whats so Keep Moving from BB10??? Thats lame...BB age of rocks 2013.
    Maybe wait for the app before passing judgement

Posted via CB10
    elGuapoTorres likes this.
    04-13-13 08:39 PM
    I heard that Skype for BlackBerry 10 would be released April 12 (today) but I haven't seen anything, any of u guys know something?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 09:43 PM
    Yes...actually two words: PI$$ OFF
    04-13-13 11:27 PM
    You sir are right on the money
    04-14-13 02:09 AM
    BREAKING NEWS : Skype announces it closing down and merging with BBM in 10.2

MSN Messenger users will have to download another new client to continue receiving the service

Posted via CB10
    I heard it was more like OS 10.4 that it was coming out in. I think they said because all the iSheep and Android wannbe's who are using BB10 devices are complaining they have decided to take the slow approach of releasing it.
    TPsycho likes this.
    04-14-13 06:46 AM
    Well I was going to suggest that Skype were developing a new alternative to BIS, bit realised that people would believe me.
    04-14-13 06:51 AM
    But an Android port will mean that there is no support for the BlackBerry Hub. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are wrong. The modified port will be integrated with the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:04 AM
    I'm glad jh got the photos, I couldn't as my 920 is in repair. Guess I could show you the WP 7 version.
    Sent from my HTC TITAN X310e using Board Express
    04-14-13 07:18 AM
    Enough waiting already. Other platforms have had Skype for years now. Many blackberry users are also paying Skype customers. Many if us have paid subscriptions, credits, etc. Thus it is reasonable for us to want to have access to same or similar mobile interfaces to maximize our paid or unpaid Skype experience. It is inconsiderate and irresponsible for Skype to ignore a minority of its users for this many years. I'm sure (or not) Skype is almost ready to be launched, but for future reference, remember this Skype: we do not forget! In the first opportunity that we get we will move over to another platform and thanks to your lack of responsiveness we won't even look back. Shame on Skype for following masses and ignoring the essentials of fair customer service. (am I angry or what)

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-14-13 07:51 AM
    This thread needs a new box of huggies.

Posted via CB10
    drewread likes this.
    04-14-13 08:26 AM
    Those who are coming from previous BlackBerry devices:

If you could manage without it on your phone before, you can manage without it a little longer.

You were never told to expect it before. It's your expectation that's making it difficult. Stop expecting it now now now and time will go quicker.
    TPsycho likes this.
    04-14-13 08:44 AM
109 ... 2345