I'm still hoping that the delay is because they decided to surprise us with a native version after all. I live in hope

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I really, really hope not. I don't want to deal with another Skype Beta.
    04-12-13 03:38 PM
    You never know... The whole thing about announcing it as a port could have been to gauge the reaction (not good). But this is total speculation.

Speculation. Pfft. Who are you and how do you secretly know this!?

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-12-13 03:41 PM
    Speculation. Pfft. Who are you and how do you secretly know this!?

I am the soul of BlackBerry! Don't let the signature fool you!

jdhooghe and ErinnM like this.
    04-12-13 03:42 PM
    I don't have a problem either as long as it works.

I do have a problem with that, because they don't have any reason whatsoever not to make it native, other then being complete douches.
    Awesome native apps are being developed in days, yet these guys are probably giving us a port, and it's taking them months?
    reneSc likes this.
    04-12-13 03:43 PM
    From the Skype Website :

"If you have a new BlackBerry smartphone powered by the BlackBerry 10 platform, you will soon be able to download and run Skype on these devices. We are working closely with BlackBerry to ensure the Skype for Android app runs great in the BlackBerry 10 environment."

Here's the link :

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...irstPage=false
    Hypnoboy and fragment137 like this.
    04-12-13 03:47 PM
    I do have a problem with that, because they don't have any reason whatsoever not to make it native, other then being complete douches.
    Awesome native apps are being developed in days, yet these guys are probably giving us a port, and it's taking them months?
    Yeah the amount of time it is taking them is beyond ridiculous.

04-12-13 03:49 PM
    The Skype team's focus is Android and iOS. It is owned by Microsoft and not even WP8 has a priority. It took them months to make a mediocre client on WP8 and while the BB10 version will be a port, it sounds as if they are tweaking it for optimal performance. All the cool features of iOS and Android are not on the WP8 version and that took months and months to be released so at least with an android port those neat features will be present.
    04-12-13 03:52 PM
    The Skype team's focus is Android and iOS. It is owned by Microsoft and not even WP8 has a priority. It took them months to make a mediocre client on WP8 and while the BB10 version will be a port, it sounds as if they are tweaking it for optimal performance. All the cool features of iOS and Android are not on the WP8 version and that took months and months to be released so at least with an android port those neat features will be present.
    What are the cool features?

AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    04-12-13 03:53 PM
    What are the cool features?

Direct line to the Queen.

pkb0yz, Camelhmpz and proudtobe_bb like this.
    04-12-13 03:59 PM
    Direct line to the Queen.

Nice! What about Obama?

XP7051V3 likes this.
    04-12-13 04:05 PM
    Nice! What about Obama?

Obama will be an Android port.

Posted via CB10
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    04-12-13 04:08 PM
    Nice! What about Obama?

Are you saying Obama's a queen? Christ's sake girl, he's married with children.

ErinnM likes this.
    04-12-13 04:08 PM
    When I get home, I'll take some screenshots of the Skype client on my 920 and the Skype client on my Nexus 7. There apparently was an update for WP8(it's still a preview release though) on March 19th. Before the update you couldn't log out of the WP8 client, now to log out of it you need to select the option of "switch clients" which indirectly logs you out. With that update they finally included high definition, front and rear window support(one of the cool features I was talking about) and landscape and portrait mode(another cool feature). You also couldn't run it in the background before this update.

Skype for windows phone 8 was released on the 12th of November 2012, a full five months ago.
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-12-13 04:12 PM
    Obama will be an Android port.

Posted via CB10
    Fits him well.

ray689 likes this.
    04-12-13 04:17 PM
    Nice! What about Obama?

Obama has BBM video with screen share

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM and EarthyBerry like this.
    04-12-13 04:19 PM
    guys i downloaded some android apps to my z10 by using ddbp software. and some are working and some are not.is there anyone who did it and can run viber and skype? pls add me....-shaider- 24c49333.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:30 PM
    It would be awesome if some new video chat software would come and render skype useless. I really don't like Microsoft or anything it stands for(from xbox to skype to their os). QNX needs to come in and make a universal OS(from pc, smartphones[BB10], to whatever possible). That is all
    Face Flow video chat is available now for BB10. It's in development for iOS and Android. I'm looking forward to that time. It offers video chat with multiple users. Take a look. FaceFlow.com
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-12-13 04:32 PM
    From the Skype Website :

"If you have a new BlackBerry smartphone powered by the BlackBerry 10 platform, you will soon be able to download and run Skype on these devices. We are working closely with BlackBerry to ensure the Skype for Android app runs great in the BlackBerry 10 environment."

Here's the link :

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1...irstPage=false
    I was JUST about to post this. Good thing I checked the rest of the thread first!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-12-13 04:34 PM
    Thread search is your best friend. Or should be

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:35 PM
    Actually many bloggers(N4BB) have said that Skype for BB10 is going to be an android port because of how much trouble they had with building the WP8 Version from scratch and they have said that it is being tweaked and worked on by BlackBerry for close maybe just as good as native performance.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-12-13 05:02 PM
    April 16th to April 30th

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-12-13 05:08 PM
    Face Flow video chat is available now for BB10. It's in development for iOS and Android. I'm looking forward to that time. It offers video chat with multiple users. Take a look. FaceFlow.com

Thanks, I already have it .If they make a well done App for ios and android, and it gains in popularity, that would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:08 PM
    But an Android port will mean that there is no support for the BlackBerry Hub. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    All of the Android apps I use interact with Hub. I'll get notifications for activities. Even if it doesn't work with Hub, there are tones assigned to the app to alert you.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:16 PM
    Not recently.

Off topic.....but you HAVE to hold the record for fastest 1000 posts....do you sleep?
    04-12-13 05:46 PM
    Only for a few hours. Lol

04-12-13 05:48 PM
109 1234 ...