Out of curiosity is there a program out that will optimize the z10? Ie the menu changes, navigating the OS, read/write times etc?
    02-12-14 09:32 AM
    There are a few, but most are just gimmicks and are extremely shady. Are you experiencing problems?
    02-12-14 12:19 PM
    Ya mostly menu speed sucks super bad. Deleted a ton of alerts, conversations and bbm's but its still annoyingly slow at times.
    02-12-14 12:58 PM
    Ya mostly menu speed sucks super bad. Deleted a ton of alerts, conversations and bbm's but its still annoyingly slow at times.
    Hard to believe to be honest, but if you do have this problem then either do a reinstall with a security wipe to start from scratch or have it replaced/looked at by you carrier or point if sale...
    Maybe it also could be a sd card that is too slow but I doubt that would interfere with the menu speed

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 07:04 PM
    Oh I can assure you its no lie or embellishment. It took everything I had in me to write this out coherently without looking like a loon because it drives me so insane sometimes.

Literally I can sometimes sit there and stare at my screen when switching text conversations and just count while it closes the old text, loads the new text, and finally loads the text-bar. I'd say it can take 5 seconds to switch texts sometimes. Which, may not seem like a lot... but when you have several to reply to and you dont have time to sit there and just stare at the phone, it adds up.
    02-12-14 08:57 PM
    Since I updated to any 10.2.1 leak and official I've noticed loading the texting/bbm conversation loading has been weird at times. Hard to explain but I'm sure we are talking about the same thing.
    Almost like it loads a page, then reloads, then switches to a different page and finally loads a final page. Definitely does not look fluid.
    It's also often unsure whether to display my keyboard or not when I use the toast notification to open a conversation. It will load it with, then drop the keyboard, then bring it in and I will have to click myself on the text box to type.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925. Right now, official from Rogers and it's pretty much the same as the last leak I had which was 2.1.12xx
    02-12-14 09:03 PM
    thats right buddy you are SPOT ON. I'm really hoping this new release thats supposed to have been released yesterday or 2 days ago fixes this crap!
    02-13-14 08:25 PM
    Whats strange tho is, at least since the new BBM update, navigating between BBM messages is WICKED fast unless its some random spamming "bc'ing" *******.
    02-14-14 01:32 PM
    and something else that makes me want to throw my phone...

if I'm texting and receive a picture... and then I delete that picture from the text convo... that ******* "press here to undo" screen stays up for SO long and hampers my vision of the text and often times re-appears the next time I'm in that convo. Irritates the eff you see kay out of me.
    02-14-14 03:51 PM
    and something else that makes me want to throw my phone...

if I'm texting and receive a picture... and then I delete that picture from the text convo... that ******* "press here to undo" screen stays up for SO long and hampers my vision of the text and often times re-appears the next time I'm in that convo. Irritates the eff you see kay out of me.
    Mine doesn't do that.
    I have delete message confirmation set to off in the hub settings.
    Maybe that is why?
    02-14-14 05:00 PM
    you can turn off the picture delete confirmation? I like the idea of being able to undo it... but it stays for SO long sometimes. Even if I switch screens and come back its often times still there.
    02-14-14 10:17 PM
    When I delete a picture. Other than the box that says are you sure nothing happens.
    02-15-14 08:55 AM
    That all goes smooth as can be on the 3 Z10's I tested, my guess is you save your images on a very slow or corrupt memory card and it's not really an os10 problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:25 PM
    ^ Deleting pictures from conversations has nothing to do with my 16gb class-10 flash card...
    02-16-14 02:15 PM
    ^ Deleting pictures from conversations has nothing to do with my 16gb class-10 flash card...
    My bad, still... that goes smooth as butter on my z10

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:56 PM
    Its alright man. I'm hoping the new release comes out soon.
    03-05-14 10:31 PM
    Alright this is going to be lengthy, and NONE of this would have been possible without the very up close and personal help from genesis 101.

ALL of my problems that I've ever experienced with this blackberry, since purchasing it 1-month out from its a ATT America debut, have been FIXED.

I had to do a complete backup of the phone. Not that I can use it, since using it would re-corrupt my phone, but its a perfect safety net.

I had to backup all of my contacts to my sim card, which I have never done before. I also synced them w/ Link.

I moved EVERYTHING from the device, to the SD card. This can be done through file manager.
    \
    I backed up all of my media in a media-only backup, just to quadruple ensure no data loss.

I synced all of my calendar entries w/ my email account, and also a large chunk of my contacts w/ my email account.

Before I did a complete security wipe of my phone, I removed the media and sim card just to ensure they wouldn't be wiped out.

The security wipe took a good, I'd say, 3-4 hours. Probably having to deal with the corruption issues my phone experienced.

BBM info is all stored via your BB ID. Not the actual messages, per se, but all of the IMPORTANT stuff was.

Now w/ my phone being wiped and only the contacts/media/calendar stuff being restored (NOT from link.......), my phone has NEVER run this good. The battery life is utterly amazing... I can go ALL day w/ abusing my phone to hell and back and still have a ton of battery life left at midnight (phone on at 7ish am).

The phone is wicked fast; menu changes are instantaneous, multi tasking is way fast, there is zero lag anywhere. Going beteen text convos is lightening fast.

I'd say in the past 3 weeks since rebuilding my phone from scratch, my text hub locked up 3x. Every single time its been from an annoying iphone user that sends message after message after message without taking a breath in between, and I Just happened to open that conversation thread the SECOND I also recieved another message. Changing from white background to black background fixed it in 3 seconds. Tops. Some of my convos before the wipe literally took NINE SECONDS to open... yes 9seconds to just load a text convo before my reload.

All thanks to genesis101 for being the only one to really scratch his head and test his patience for me and hold my hand in fixing this.

IMPORTANT:

I tried numerous utilities and even PAID FOR APPS to delete my corrupted text conversations... some of the best SMS apps out there, and you CANNOT delete corrupted text conversations with them. I promise you. You NEED to wipe the phone to clear that corruption out of the system..

For the record, for over a year of owning this phone I only found out a few months ago that doing battery pulls is BAD juju for these phones. ITs possible my battery pulling that I've carried onwards from my previous blackberries is what contributed to this.
    scorepion likes this.
    06-01-14 05:29 PM
    I'm glad it got fixed! Enjoy the newly found freedom ;-)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 06:24 PM