Hi,
    I am new to the Z10 and i was wondering if i could remove the unread count or even the new mail icon from the lock screen.
    On the old 9780, i was able to change the notification in a manner that only signaled a new email arrive but without the number.

I found a thread about this from March 2013 where the answer was no, but i was hoping something changed in the interim..

This is my work email and when i am out of the office i don't want to be greeted with the number of emails that accumulated in my inbox while i dared to stop working..

Thanks!
    01-20-14 11:18 AM
    I believe it is all or nothing (10.2.1.1925) - You have the option to turn off lock screen notifications, but not customize how they are presented.
    01-20-14 11:33 AM
    Try going to the Hub > Overflow (3 dots in the bottom right) > Settings > Display and Actions. You can toggle "Display Message Count" to "Off". You'll still get the message notifications, but you shouldn't be able to see the ever-growing number of evil-work-related messages coming in that you dare to ignore while away from the office (for shame lol). You can also toggle "Display New Message Indicator" to off.

I think these two settings are universal, so it would be for every message/email/text/bbm/etc you would no longer get the lock-screen notification.

Hope this works for you!
    01-20-14 01:17 PM
    Sorry - I think this only works for the message count in the HUB itself (my bad) not the lock screen notifications.

Try going to the Hub > Overflow (3 dots in the bottom right) > Settings > Display and Actions. You can toggle "Display Message Count" to "Off". You'll still get the message notifications, but you shouldn't be able to see the ever-growing number of evil-work-related messages coming in that you dare to ignore while away from the office (for shame lol). You can also toggle "Display New Message Indicator" to off.

I think these two settings are universal, so it would be for every message/email/text/bbm/etc you would no longer get the lock-screen notification.

Hope this works for you!
    01-20-14 01:24 PM
    @KDB84 : Yup.. all the settings related to the message display on the hub settings are off yet the evil lock screen message count is still present..

@LP_Rigg: my device OS version is 10.2.0.424 - i do have the option to Disable Lock Screen Notifications (under Settings=> display) but even when it is off, i still see the unread message count..
    The text under "lock screen notifications" reads:
    "If you turn off this feature, the notification icons will no longer be interactive and content from notifications will no longer be shown on the lock screen"
    So it doesn't seem that this is the feature we were looking for..

I do hope this exists somewhere..
    01-21-14 01:41 AM
    Have you try in notifications turn off instant preview?
    Any way to get rid of the unread count in the lock screen?-img_00000029.png

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:50 AM