I have had the kind of "case+ stand" that blackberry sells for a long time but it has been mostly useless.
    Because it moves too much in the pocket and turns on the screen, the battery is drained extremely fast.

I looked through the settings for a way to disable the "auto unlock" that is done with such a case but I couldn't find anything.

Anyone know if it can be done?
    03-19-14 11:05 PM
    I am not sure the following setting will do what you want but you can try it.

Settings, Security/Privacy, Device Password, scroll down and look for "lock Device when holstered"

There may be some settings in the Notifications area but I'm not sure.

Or you could physically remove the magnet from the case. The z10 sensor is located about half way between top/bottom and about 1/2 inch or so in. You can test with a separate magnet and can use a magnet to find the one in the case. Years ago I did that to a case which suffered similar on/off since the magnet and case were not well suited for the task - I removed the magnet!
    03-20-14 12:01 AM
    Unfortunately it's unrelated to the holster setting, the screen will still turn on regardless .

I'm not sure how I would find the magnet on this and the case is pretty nice, I wouldn't want to cut into it.

I guess this is a feature request then
    03-20-14 09:20 AM
    What if you put it in inside out (backwards, screen side out or in.. whichever is the opposite of what you are doing now)?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:31 AM
    it only fits in one way so there's nothing much I can do. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole side of this is a magnet
    03-20-14 10:01 AM
    Which case and holster combo are you using?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 10:07 AM
    Have you tried turning off swipe to wake in the display setting and using the Power/Lock key on the top of your device to wake your device.
    03-20-14 10:08 AM
    Are you using a non-OEM case? Mine fits pretty tight and there is no movement at all unless I pull it out.
    03-20-14 10:16 AM
    I'm using the oem blackberry transform case. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Vu79CiTO

it's unusual because it doesn't "lock" onto the screen as I would hope it would have. I have to keep it in a tight pocket otherwise it will keep opening. I've has it for a long time now, but gave up on it a while ago
    03-20-14 10:57 AM
    Ah... I thought we were talking about a holster.

If toggling the lock when holstered setting doesn't work (triggered by the magnet I assume), then I don't think there is anything you can do other than using a small rubber band around the cover... lol

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:07 AM
    Loll this particular case makes it very hard to modify anything about it.

Features request blackberry ! Come-on I bought your overpriced case!
    03-20-14 11:08 AM
    I'm using the oem blackberry transform case. BlackBerry Z10 Black Flip Shell - ShopBlackBerry.com

it's unusual because it doesn't "lock" onto the screen as I would hope it would have. I have to keep it in a tight pocket otherwise it will keep opening. I've has it for a long time now, but gave up on it a while ago
    Yes, that's the case I have. And I also expected it to "latch" onto the frame/phone at the open flap end. It kind of does but very weakly. I actually investigated adding small magnet(s) to the flap near where the vol buttons are hoping it would stay closed but gave up on the project! But I guess I don't have that much problem as my battery daily life is not that bad.
    03-20-14 01:23 PM