04-20-13 07:14 AM
35 12
tools
    Got my first one on launch day...tons of reboots. They swapped it out with no issues. The second one was good, only one reboot until last night and today. I have experienced 3 or 4 reboots since yesterday. From what I understand, from Verizon and Blackberry, they are both aware of the issue and we are waiting on Verizon to get off their duffs and roll out the newest updated software. I used to work for VZW, so I know how slow they can be. It's awful that they even released this phone with outdated software. However, I did take the plunge and I just put the leaked 10.0.10.822 software on, so we will see if that helps. I really hope it does, and I sure hope Verizon catches up quickly. The Z10 is great!
    04-15-13 08:51 PM
    Got my first one on launch day...tons of reboots. They swapped it out with no issues. The second one was good, only one reboot until last night and today. I have experienced 3 or 4 reboots since yesterday. From what I understand, from Verizon and Blackberry, they are both aware of the issue and we are waiting on Verizon to get off their duffs and roll out the newest updated software. I used to work for VZW, so I know how slow they can be. It's awful that they even released this phone with outdated software. However, I did take the plunge and I just put the leaked 10.0.10.822 software on, so we will see if that helps. I really hope it does, and I sure hope Verizon catches up quickly. The Z10 is great!
    I've been running 10.0.10.822 since last night and my phone is rebooting as much as it ever has.

In another thread someone suggested turning off traffic data collection. Still getting reboots.

I'm now running with cellular data turned off, with only wifi enabled. I doubt this will do anything, but these tests give me something to do until a fix is released.

As soon as I get another reboot, my next step is to swap my SIM into my 8x and turn off all network connections and let the Z10 sit and see if anything happens.

That's the hard one because I WANT to use my Z10. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:08 PM
    I've been running 10.0.10.822 since last night and my phone is rebooting as much as it ever has.

In another thread someone suggested turning off traffic data collection. Still getting reboots.

I'm now running with cellular data turned off, with only wifi enabled. I doubt this will do anything, but these tests give me something to do until a fix is released.

As soon as I get another reboot, my next step is to swap my SIM into my 8x and turn off all network connections and let the Z10 sit and see if anything happens.

That's the hard one because I WANT to use my Z10. I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    That's a bummer to hear. I put the newer software on last night, so today is really the first true test. Hopefully Verizon gets on the ball and gives an official update so we can all stop worrying and have phones that work!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:47 AM
    I have had 3 replacements but not for rebooting. I have issues with contacts and sending picture and text messages the fix is coming in next update.
    04-16-13 05:55 AM
    Got my current, and only one so far, Z10 from them on March 30th. Two reboots so far in that time. Only minor bugs, but still want an update.
    04-16-13 10:49 AM
    I had my Z10 replaced on 4/9 because the phone would power cycle if it was bumped on one of the corners. Since I have exchanged my phone I have not seen any random reboots. I was having an issue of reestablishing a 4GLTE data connection after being on WiFi but as of yesterday and this morning I have not experienced this problem I am monitoring this too see if it occurs again.
    04-16-13 10:58 AM
    I purchased my first on launch day and was experiencing at least one reboot a day. I exchanged it for a new one last Monday and it's rebooted but only twice so far.
    04-16-13 11:44 AM
    on my third z10. all plagued with rebooting. tried the at*t leaked OS and still rebooting.
    04-16-13 12:39 PM
    for all rebooting phone people, heres a test. take your phone and move the battery door ie; place your fingers on the battery door and try to wiggle it. see if you get a reboot. the removable batteries in these phones sometimes are a wee bit loose. i have seen that even the smallest move will offset the brass contacts on the battery and the phone causing it to reboot. i put my phone down the other day and got a reboot. one reason some of the phone companies are going to non removable.
    04-16-13 12:58 PM
    All three replacements were sent back due to issues with the contacts then Verizon realized it wasn't the device but the software. I get one reboot a day on the average no big deal!
    04-20-13 07:14 AM
35 12