Ever since I upgraded to 10.1 and leaked10.2, battery life has gotten worse.

Does anyone know what would be a good way to improve battery life?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:40 AM
    This has been heavily discussed on multiple threads. You've got to let the OS settle for a few days before seeing the true battery performance.

In the meantime, make sure you have unnecessary features turned off like BT, NFC. If you don't need notifications for every account or every app, turn them off.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1743
    STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-27-13 10:43 AM
    It's been a couple of weeks. Does backing up my data with link affect anything?

Perhaps a clean fresh os would be better...but i won't be able to get my contacts...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:46 AM
    If your carrier allows it, see if you can drop from LTE to lower speeds.

And if you have any email accounts that don't use push, increase the interval between refreshes.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 10:46 AM
    Certain sideloads are battery hogs I hear. One of them being Candy Crush, although mine has had no noticeable effect on my battery.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-27-13 10:50 AM
    what's the average battery for you guys?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 11:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Strongly depends on how I use it. Certain games burn battery like crazy. But on moderate use (as in texting, calling, checking and app here and there). About 7 sometimes 8 hours. But when playing games non stop sometimes as little as 5 hours.

09-27-13 11:08 AM
    Ones I can think of is

Turn off gestures while locked.
    Turn LTE off when not in use or all the time.
    Set your email to check for new messages at longer intervals.
    Turn down the screen brightness when possible.
    Turn off blue tooth and NFC when not in use.
    Buy a pocket holster with the magnet in it that puts the phone in standby mode when holstered. Plus it won't allow the screen to keep coming on in your pocket.

I get most if not all day out of my battery. Right now I'm at 66% and it's early afternoon. I've used it quite a bit so far today.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Q10 battery lasts longer than Z10.
    That said, I can get AT LEAST 12 hours of moderate use from either one. You know, normal stuff - calls, texts, CB, FB, etc.

My Q10 seems to be getting better and better. I got through 8-9 hour work day yesterday and still had 86% left. Granted, it was lighter than normal usage day due to meetings, but even after heavy use in the evening, I went to bed at 11pm with 50% battery.

But I'd say in general, I get 12-20 hours depending on usage and the device. And I'm either on wifi or LTE all of the time.

SQN100-1 10.2.0.1743
    STL100-3 10.2.0.1725
    09-27-13 03:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=833291

Maybe that helps you out!

Posted via CB10
    2010GOLD likes this.
    09-27-13 05:10 PM
    I'm not using an leaked OS, just the latest and greatest 10.1 release by T-Mobile. I use an app called "TaskManager" by amitghosh. It's currently rated as 4 stars but I'd say it deserves 5. It's basically like the task manager one has on there computer. It shows certain processes that are running and you can kill them. It doesn't necessarily show them all but if you test it out you'll get it. I have Skype downloaded and sometimes I have noticed even without opening Skype when I look in the TaskManager app, it shows Skype is running - which means my battery is draining quicker. I've noticed this with Instagram and Snapchat also (sideloaded apps). Sometimes after closing the app from the active frames if I look in the TaskManager app, there is a part of the app still running.

Personally I feel it has helped me control my battery life. If you find it to help then good deal. #TeamBlackberry #IchoosBlackberry10
    09-27-13 05:52 PM
    I'm not using an leaked OS, just the latest and greatest 10.1 release by T-Mobile. I use an app called "TaskManager" by amitghosh. It's currently rated as 4 stars but I'd say it deserves 5. It's basically like the task manager one has on there computer. It shows certain processes that are running and you can kill them. It doesn't necessarily show them all but if you test it out you'll get it. I have Skype downloaded and sometimes I have noticed even without opening Skype when I look in the TaskManager app, it shows Skype is running - which means my battery is draining quicker. I've noticed this with Instagram and Snapchat also (sideloaded apps). Sometimes after closing the app from the active frames if I look in the TaskManager app, there is a part of the app still running.

Personally I feel it has helped me control my battery life. If you find it to help then good deal. #TeamBlackberry #IchoosBlackberry10
    Using the exact same app to kill my skype idle process since that beast killed my battery like mad! The TaskManager is such a big relieve!
    09-27-13 07:35 PM
    If your carrier allows it, see if you can drop from LTE to lower speeds.

And if you have any email accounts that don't use push, increase the interval between refreshes.

Posted via CB10
    This is what I did, dropped to just regular 4G from LTE. Didn't see a need for LTE.

Posted via ZED10
    09-27-13 10:06 PM
    Just want to say this to the iPhone users who were constantly bashing the battery life of the Z10 ... who's having the last laugh?

11 Tips to Keep iOS 7 From Destroying Your Battery Life
    09-29-13 12:30 AM
    09-29-13 12:35 AM
    Thanks for the solution guys. Really appreciate it. I'll try the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:31 AM
    Just want to say this to the iPhone users who were constantly bashing the battery life of the Z10 ... who's having the last laugh?

11 Tips to Keep iOS 7 From Destroying Your Battery Life
    Yup! Not only that, iOS7 rendered my GF's iPhone useless for the entire day! She was pissed lol

09-29-13 09:09 AM
    I have noticed that every time I actively use the phone. My drain is pretty high. It goes up to -1.1 to - 1.4 W. Is this normal? Based on the app manager the system uses roughly 20%+ when everything is idle.

I installed the latest 10.2.1767 leak. My drain is still pretty high.

I tried taking out my 64GB SanDisk SD card and drain is still the same.

Any solutions in improving battery life-img_00000358.png

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:24 PM
    Ever since I upgraded to 10.1 and leaked10.2, battery life has gotten worse.

Does anyone know what would be a good way to improve battery life?

Posted via CB10
    This is weird because I get better battery life in 10.2. I wd suggest that you try free app called TaskManager. You might have some android based app running in the background and killing your phone battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 05:41 PM