Actually it worked with the Curve and the 9930 bold. I've put in the settings, but I get the error "unable to find connection information." With the curve and bold 9930 all I had to do was enter my email address and password and it found the connection information.
    04-01-13 03:01 PM
    What type of email account are you trying to add? There are some known issues with Yahoo email and even a few issues with Gmail. If you're trying to add an OWA you will definitely have trouble because the Z10 uses active sync.

Give us more details and perhaps someone can help you with the problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:31 PM
    Do you have a link to the known Yahoo issues? I just got home and noticed that my wi fi only iPhone5 had lots of emails from a couple hours ago that my z10 did not. The iPhone number was swapped over to the 10, but I still use it on my home wifi.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:36 PM
    I'm guessing you're talking about Microsoft Exchange emails? I'm not sure if this is the case, but you might check to see if your IT dept has upgraded to BES10.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:40 PM
    I took it to our IT person today. He tried everything. One reason why he thinks it may have worked before is because we have a sprint server (work issued BB's are all on Sprint). For some reason he said Active Sync wasn't going to work. He did try it but was getting an error that it couldn't [find? contact?] our server. He is thinking it should be working since people's personal Iphones and older blackberries are working.

Any ideas with this additional information?
    04-03-13 11:59 AM
    I'm guessing you're talking about Microsoft Exchange emails? I'm not sure if this is the case, but you might check to see if your IT dept has upgraded to BES10.

Posted via CB10
    I found out we don't have a blackberry server at all (I thought we did). He was amazed when I told him that with my bold all I did was put in my email address and password and it found all the other settings. He thinks I should have had to enter the domain, server, etc.
    04-03-13 12:01 PM
    What type of email account are you trying to add? There are some known issues with Yahoo email and even a few issues with Gmail. If you're trying to add an OWA you will definitely have trouble because the Z10 uses active sync.

Give us more details and perhaps someone can help you with the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the tech tried entering under the "work account" option. That didn't work, he said it's not contacting our server, or something to that effect. He also tried active sync; He kept saying that was only going to push the email instead of making it real time. I asked him to try anyway, it didn't work.
    04-03-13 12:03 PM
    Bump to push this up. Anyone?
    04-03-13 04:33 PM
    Bumpity bump bump
    04-03-13 04:42 PM
    Does your company have an Exchange server running? Has he enabled the ActiveSync feature for your email mailbox? Before, you were either on BIS (which made a POP or IMAP connection for you) or a BES server (but your tech said "no" to that), or, if you had Exchange (with no BES), perhaps the OWA settings worked.

With the Z10, if you have Exchange (but not BES), you use the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync choice under Advanced in Add Account. For mine, I needed the domain (without the .local part of name), username was my full email address, and your server address (the public one like "mail.yourcompany.com"). These settings vary depending on how your Exchange server is configured (your tech should be able to figure out what to input).

Or, your server is only doing POP or IMAP, in which case, those options are also under the Advanced menu. Your tech should know what type of mail server you have and be able to figure out the settings needed to set you up that way.

Edit: Activesync works in realtime. I get my emails instantly and contacts and calendar sync up perfectly.
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    04-03-13 05:22 PM
    Have him give you the settings they use for iPhones and Androids, from there I'd bet we can get things setup.
    branflakes and wheresmy600 like this.
    04-03-13 05:44 PM
    thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going to print these out and let him answer the questions and then come back with what he's inputting.

Thanks a lot!
    04-04-13 06:37 AM