New forum member. Long time snooper and browser. BlackBerry fiend since my first curve. So I have a few questions and I'm hoping for some clarity. My device -- > (Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.684) on AT&T. Long story short, after getting my first Z a few months ago I upgraded to 10.1 and ran into browser issues. I realized after getting my 2nd, the issue was not with the os but because of clearing my history and cache. Any who, while researching for a fix I read about issues ppl were having with 10.1 and I decided to stay on 10.0. I have no problems with it and I'm perfectly fine sticking with it until the next available update (as they say if it ain't broke..) but recently I decided I want to try installing one of the leaks because I don't want to wait on AT&T anymore.

Getting to the point. I read up on the leaks available and came to the conclusion that 10.2.0.1809 was the best leak for me if I'm looking for a stable os or the next best thing in stability. So my questions...

1. I own a Macbook running mavericks and from what I was reading unless I misread something, autoloader files won't work on Mac. So if this is true is there another way to install the leak 10.2.0.1809?

2. If there is...My contacts, remember folders, browser bookmarks and password keeper are very important to me. Is there a safe or non-destructive way to restore after installing the leak?

3. What is the best way to complete this process to avoid issues? Wiping before install (backup would be done already)? Not restoring the settings?

Any help is definitely appreciated and thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:59 AM
    New forum member. Long time snooper and browser. BlackBerry fiend since my first curve. So I have a few questions and I'm hoping for some clarity. My device -- > (Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.684) on AT&T. Long story short, after getting my first Z a few months ago I upgraded to 10.1 and ran into browser issues. I realized after getting my 2nd, the issue was not with the os but because of clearing my history and cache. Any who, while researching for a fix I read about issues ppl were having with 10.1 and I decided to stay on 10.0. I have no problems with it and I'm perfectly fine sticking with it until the next available update (as they say if it ain't broke..) but recently I decided I want to try installing one of the leaks because I don't want to wait on AT&T anymore.

Getting to the point. I read up on the leaks available and came to the conclusion that 10.2.0.1809 was the best leak for me if I'm looking for a stable os or the next best thing in stability. So my questions...

1. I own a Macbook running mavericks and from what I was reading unless I misread something, autoloader files won't work on Mac. So if this is true is there another way to install the leak 10.2.0.1809?

2. If there is...My contacts, remember folders, browser bookmarks and password keeper are very important to me. Is there a safe or non-destructive way to restore after installing the leak?

3. What is the best way to complete this process to avoid issues? Wiping before install (backup would be done already)? Not restoring the settings?

Any help is definitely appreciated and thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    The OS you're considering is not a leak. It is an official release that carriers outside the U.S. have approved. It is easily available through "Sachesi" and you can find it and instructions on CB.

The leak that most are running is 10.2.1.xxxx. I'm running the official Rogers release 10.2.0.429 and got it using Sachesi. There's lots on info in the threads about this. Good luck!

CB10 via Z10 on 10.2.0.429
    12-19-13 12:12 PM
    as the first poster has stated. I also am using 10.2.0.429 on my Q10 which I did on my Mac running mavericks. Start here
    How to get the OS 10.2 update right now | CrackBerry.com
    12-19-13 12:15 PM
    Okay sounds good. And thanks. But regarding the restoring process, if I use the Sachesi program, will everything I backup be restored? I would like to know how to go from "A" to "C" with out issues if possible. Or is the process truly that simple? Backup then run the program? I've read other threads where people suggested not restoring the settings to avoid issues so would that be the case or does it not matter?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:01 PM
    Hi there, Dee!

In my opinion, you should avoid 10.2.1. for now! The issues are numerous and the only benefit is the Android part of it... Read about it! You better upgrade to 10.2.0.424 or .429, I consider 424 better...

Now for the BackUp part of your question... Even if you do not upgrade, you might want to backup... try "Fire Chest Backup"... It is the one I use for my "Remember" Notes/Tasks, you need a DropBox account, however!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    12-19-13 01:23 PM
    Okay sounds good. And thanks. But regarding the restoring process, if I use the Sachesi program, will everything I backup be restored? I would like to know how to go from "A" to "C" with out issues if possible. Or is the process truly that simple? Backup then run the program? I've read other threads where people suggested not restoring the settings to avoid issues so would that be the case or does it not matter?

Posted via CB10
    The new official OS updates through Sachesi and loads right over your current OS. Just back up before you load. Be patient and let the process complete itself. Check out the link posted earlier.

A leak uses an autoloader, requires you to wipe your device, and it's recommended not to reload but "rebuild."

12-19-13 01:48 PM
    Hi there, Dee!

In my opinion, you should avoid 10.2.1. for now! The issues are numerous and the only benefit is the Android part of it... Read about it! You better upgrade to 10.2.0.424 or .429, I consider 424 better...

Now for the BackUp part of your question... Even if you do not upgrade, you might want to backup... try "Fire Chest Backup"... It is the one I use for my "Remember" Notes/Tasks, you need a DropBox account, however!

I am one that is running 10.2.1.1055 which is very stable and I and most others have not had problems with it. There was a 10.2.1 leak before this one that was more incomplete and cause a lot of problems.

Be careful of lumping all 10.2.1 leaks under the same "problem" umbrella.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    12-19-13 02:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    To try to clarify what some of the other responses have said, if you update your OS using the Sachesi method, it acts as if you are doing it OTA like your carrier pushed it out to you, so you *shouldn't* need a backup to begin with. It's just a good idea to have one, in case something should go wrong. Once you complete the update through Sachesi, all of your info *should* still be intact and organized, and you should be good to go, without doing a restore from your backup.

I think you made a good choice on OS versions, for what it's worth. 10.2.1.xxxx is really nice, with some newer features, but as others have said, it is still rather buggy.

Let us know if all goes well or you need more help. Best of luck to ya.

Posted via CB10 on my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.1.1055)
    FF22 likes this.
    12-19-13 02:02 PM
    I am one that is running 10.2.1.1055 which is very stable and I and most others have not had problems with it. There was a 10.2.1 leak before this one that was more incomplete and cause a lot of problems.

Be careful of lumping all 10.2.1 leaks under the same "problem" umbrella.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    I must have confused the readers... I can't say which one is stable because I really do not know it... I advised to read about it... But I agree not to put all of them under the same cover!

12-19-13 02:27 PM
    Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 02:35 PM
    Thanks for the help and the clarification on the update process. The help is really appreciated and I'm gonna give Sachesi a try and report back after its all said and done.

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz likes this.
    12-19-13 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the help and the clarification on the update process. The help is really appreciated and I'm gonna give Sachesi a try and report back after its all said and done.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot to say in my first response, welcome to CB! (I know you said you've been lurking for a while, but that's not really the same.)

Posted via CB10 on my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.1.1055)
    12-19-13 02:40 PM
    Also, Sachesi can do a backup and later a restore. The Backup is a separate procedure to using it to load the OS but it is one of the Tabs along its top row.
    12-19-13 02:47 PM
    Lol yeah, now I feel completely immersed in this CB community. Good feeling and I'm glad I hit the "Post" button. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    Derlitz and tex3523 like this.
    12-19-13 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Read up between 429 and 424. I'm on att and used sachesi to get 424 and love it. Not sure what is better or different in 429. And btw there is a fix for the browser issue I had it too on 10.1.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-19-13 04:19 PM
    Once you get Sachesi on your desktop and opened, you'll want to enter 302 (Canada) for Country and 720 (Rogers) for Carrier. Go to variant and choose STL 100-3. These values will give you a compatible OS. There might be other choices, but many on this site used the above.

12-19-13 04:45 PM
    Read up between 429 and 424. I'm on att and used sachesi to get 424 and love it. Not sure what is better or different in 429. And btw there is a fix for the browser issue I had it too on 10.1.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    Yeah I remember the article that Crackberry had on its front page but after getting a new BlackBerry I didn't have to bother cause I tend to learn my lessons fast so I never touched the history or cache again and everything's been fine

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:57 PM
    Once you get Sachesi on your desktop and opened, you'll want to enter 302 (Canada) for Country and 720 (Rogers) for Carrier. Go to variant and choose STL 100-3. These values will give you a compatible OS. There might be other choices, but many on this site used the above.

Okay cool. Thanks for that tip. Anything to make this update smooth and as trouble free as possible. I'm gonna give it a shot before I call it a day. I'd rather get the update done and then let the phone settle in over night on a charger.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:59 PM
    Update:

Sachesi didn't work. I downloaded the program and installed the qt4 file for the program to run on my mac. Sachesi did not recognize my BlackBerry no matter what I did. I read through the Sachesi thread and did some research but nothing worked. I tried all the following:

Switch USB cables (OEM and legacy cable)
    Try a different USB port
    Close Sachesi and reopen
    Close Sachesi, reboot mac and try again
    Delete Sachesi and reinstall
    Put my device in airplane mode
    Enable mass storage
    Delete BlackBerry Link and still no go

"Searching for USB" never changed. I spent about an hour last night on it and about 30 min this morning. Not only that but now my mac isn't picking up my phone at all. Before this Sachesi attempt I had no problems whether enabling my USB or just connecting for BlackBerry Link back ups. So I think I'm gonna wait it out. Either that or order a Rogers sim card and try that method after unlocking my phone. To everybody that helped, thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:43 PM