So when we take it against the light.. HDR is supposed to light up the areas which r dark due to that light source..?

Light.Src ---> ("Subject") <---("Me taking photo with z10")

Usually in this case the subject will appear dark.. but HDR will make it brighter right?..

Posted via CB10
    Essentially, yes, this is the effect you get. You get a higher "dynamic" range. HDR.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:13 PM
    So when we take it against the light.. HDR is supposed to light up the areas which r dark due to that light source..?

Light.Src ---> ("Subject") <---("Me taking photo with z10")

Usually in this case the subject will appear dark.. but HDR will make it brighter right?..

Posted via CB10
    In theory, yes. With HDR, your subject will be more visible.

However, from a photography standpoint though, it is a terrible idea to shoot a subject with a bright light source (like the sun) behind that subject...simply not good practice. If you can't reposition your subject so that they're lit from the front, I would prefer to use the camera's flash rather than do HDR. This works best on people.

HDR, however, would be great for the picture of that castle in the post above.
    04-22-13 04:16 PM
    Davis, California

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    I was in Davis on Saturday..........Picnic Day
    04-22-13 04:21 PM
    Ooh.. i guess this feature will come in handy.. already the camera of z10 and the editing mode hv impressed me.. so for someone lyk me who likes to keep on clicking photos but without actual camera this will be a nice improvement. Wow wow wow...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:24 PM
    You can toggle in camera settings to allow for the camera to save original with HDR

Posted via CB10
    Ah, so you can take two pics in one shot (one HDR one original). Make sense, as I was wondering how the heck your cat didn't seem to move after the "first" pic.
    04-22-13 04:29 PM
    Kind of like using the multiply system in photoshop with Ambient Occlusion maps, diffuse maps, and secular maps, joins Em all together to create a great looking one.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:44 PM
    That's awsome, where is the HDR? in the camera settings?
    04-22-13 05:03 PM
    That's awsome, where is the HDR? in the camera settings?
    It's in the 10.1 leak. Camera > settings > shooting mode

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:07 PM
    To help a few people understand HDR, I'll post three pictures taken with my Canon camera, with three different exposure levels.

Any HDR photos yet?-img_4464.jpgAny HDR photos yet?-img_4462.jpgAny HDR photos yet?-img_4463.jpg

With these three pictures, you can get details for the darker areas in the picture, and see what should be too bright such as the sky if you wanted to see these darker details with a single picture because of contrasts. As you can see on the next picture, which is the HDR result of the previous three combined, this looks unrealistic. You can push the process further so it looks even more like a drawing, or moderate your use of HDR (like pictures taken with the Z10) to keep a realistic picture with better contrasts.

HDR result of the previous pictures (NOT taken with the Z10)

Any HDR photos yet?-notre-dame-hdr-2.jpg

As the Z10 only gives the final result and you don't get to do the blending process, I hope it will help some people understand the whole process.

I've not tested the Z10 for moving subjects, but it would need at least two pictures to create an HDR one, so you might see a ghost or blurry subject if moving. If you take pictures of a waterfall, you won't get a frozen picture, but instead you'll get a nice flow within the waterfall (if the Z10 is too fast to take it's two pictures, it might not work, but with more pictures to blend, it creates a great picture).
    04-22-13 05:49 PM
    Holy smokes. I ser a HUGE difference

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    04-22-13 05:52 PM
    Thank you for doing this......no offence, but the non HDR looks better. Why is that?
    Because HDR as a whole isn't all it's cracked up to be? Only in certain situations, like the post above mine does HDR really make sense.
    04-22-13 05:53 PM
    well its better than i iphone 4 ill give it that
    04-22-13 05:58 PM
    here is where our "limited" HDR makes sense
    04-22-13 06:01 PM
    I was in Davis on Saturday..........Picnic Day
    I stayed in this year, Picnic day is too much for me now. The city runs out of alcohol, it's hot, and there's too many people. Except for the wiener dog races, those are cool. Hope you had fun though!
    04-22-13 06:13 PM
    To help a few people understand HDR, I'll post three pictures taken with my Canon camera, with three different exposure levels.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4464.jpg 
Views:	809 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	153971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4462.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	153972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4463.jpg 
Views:	808 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	153973

With these three pictures, you can get details for the darker areas in the picture, and see what should be too bright such as the sky if you wanted to see these darker details with a single picture because of contrasts. As you can see on the next picture, which is the HDR result of the previous three combined, this looks unrealistic. You can push the process further so it looks even more like a drawing, or moderate your use of HDR (like pictures taken with the Z10) to keep a realistic picture with better contrasts.

HDR result of the previous pictures (NOT taken with the Z10)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Notre-Dame - HDR 2.jpg 
Views:	814 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	153975

As the Z10 only gives the final result and you don't get to do the blending process, I hope it will help some people understand the whole process.

I've not tested the Z10 for moving subjects, but it would need at least two pictures to create an HDR one, so you might see a ghost or blurry subject if moving. If you take pictures of a waterfall, you won't get a frozen picture, but instead you'll get a nice flow within the waterfall (if the Z10 is too fast to take it's two pictures, it might not work, but with more pictures to blend, it creates a great picture).

Nice pic there! if you could post a RAW-based Image processed i would be grateful

Very good shots and outcome, me likes a lot
    04-22-13 07:27 PM
    I stayed in this year, Picnic day is too much for me now. The city runs out of alcohol, it's hot, and there's too many people. Except for the wiener dog races, those are cool. Hope you had fun though!
    I hear you. I drove out from sacramento just to check out the ladies (and there were hundreds!!). I don't drink but still had fun. Took off before it got dark (when folks really start acting a fool).
    04-22-13 07:38 PM
    Nice pic there! if you could post a RAW-based Image processed i would be grateful

Very good shots and outcome, me likes a lot
    I only have the JPG version of the picture. You can do whatever you want with the pictures, I don't mind.

Same HDR picture, but more realistic
    HDR picture as shown in my previous post
    Another HDR picture from a different point of view of the cathedral
    04-22-13 08:17 PM
    Lucky sob and your sweet azz G8!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:07 PM
    More pictures taken in the night!
    04-22-13 10:40 PM
    HDR is supposed to be used for shots having portions with bright light. Should not be turned on for every type of shot. Look up 'when to use HDR' and there are several tips and pointers. Perfect description here: http://lifehacker.com/5991508/what-i...t-in-my-photos
    04-23-13 12:20 AM
    HDR is supposed to be used for shots having portions with bright light. Should not be turned on for every type of shot. Look up 'when to use HDR' and there are several tips and pointers. Perfect description here: http://lifehacker.com/5991508/what-i...t-in-my-photos
    Thanks!

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-23-13 12:53 AM
    I only have the JPG version of the picture. You can do whatever you want with the pictures, I don't mind.

Same HDR picture, but more realistic
    HDR picture as shown in my previous post
    Another HDR picture from a different point of view of the cathedral
    Hey, thanks for that.
    I did not mean by anyway that I wanted to use it man mi have been totaly misunderstood. What I meant was that if you could post a jpeg crated by a raw type image and then manipulate the lights in the raw, there would be a clear example of the difference between one only but manipulated to the most possible detail pic and an HDR.

I never asked for the raw pic, just one that would be based on a raw processed image.

Very nice pics you take! And again I do not mean to use them and If I would want to, I would definitely ask you first!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 04-23-13 at 01:46 AM.
    04-23-13 01:32 AM
    As it is posted on a public forum, I just thought I'd give the right to use it to anyone, it wasn't meant to be directly pointed at you, my apologies.

These were pics I took 4 years ago and unfortunately, I just have the original jpg versions, it's still enough to work them with photomatix.

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    04-23-13 02:01 AM
    NON HRD More clear and cool
    04-23-13 02:35 AM
    As it is posted on a public forum, I just thought I'd give the right to use it to anyone, it wasn't meant to be directly pointed at you, my apologies.

These were pics I took 4 years ago and unfortunately, I just have the original jpg versions, it's still enough to work them with photomatix.

Posted via CB10
    The one that should apologies is me and you have something yo apologies about friend! It just seems that the "Bad English Demon" was with me these past posts and I was unable to correctly express my self in two consecutive times.
    Thank you for your contribution and what I meant since minute one was that your photos exemplified very well the concept behind HDR.

Thank you and I am sorry for the unclear expression from my part.

All the best

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:07 AM
109 ... 2345