As much as I love BB10, I miss some features from Legacy OS. As one of the few people to actually use the phone to make calls, I find myself being frustrated with how the call log displays the most recent calls. With Legacy devices, even when one contact would call, receive a call from me or I'd miss a call from said contact, the entity would be listed just once in the list. I'd have to summon Call History to have more details. In BB10, the Call Log displays any recent activities from the same contact multiple times, ie: rather than grouping 3 missed calls, it will show 3 lines of missed calls from the same contact. Is there an app that can help remove unnecessary clutter?
    05-08-14 09:58 AM
    As much as I love BB10, I miss some features from Legacy OS. As one of the few people to actually use the phone to make calls, I find myself being frustrated with how the call log displays the most recent calls. With Legacy devices, even when one contact would call, receive a call from me or I'd miss a call from said contact, the entity would be listed just once in the list. I'd have to summon Call History to have more details. In BB10, the Call Log displays any recent activities from the same contact multiple times, ie: rather than grouping 3 missed calls, it will show 3 lines of missed calls from the same contact. Is there an app that can help remove unnecessary clutter?

Yep, BB10 is still missing some of those things.

And unfortunately, since the API does not expose incoming phone caller numbers to 3rd party apps at this time, I doubt you will see a 3rd-party app that keeps its own phone call log because there's no way to see that data as it is generated. (This is why there are no "call blocker" apps for BB10 yet)

Whether or not something could be produced that just showed a different view of the existing on-device call log, I don't know. Maybe that is possible.

Doing a quick perusal of BlackBerry World, still not much there. There is an app called "Call Alert" that can log calls to the calendar. Couldn't find anything else interesting.
    05-08-14 01:29 PM
    The OS 10.3 APIs have now been updated to allow 3rd-party app developers to read the call log. So we should start seeing apps that implement this. OS 10.3 will be officially released later this year.

In the meantime, some test apps have started to come out. Here's one that does custom phone call blocking:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-3-a-932595/
    05-24-14 12:23 AM