Are you aware that people on the other side of the line actually hear the vibrating phone as a very loud noise? It's not just a minor bug, but broken main function on the phone. This is why people are complaining.
    Are you aware that it lasts less than a second? Broken function? Does it ring? Yes. Does it vibrate? Yes. I am taking calls from clients all day long. No one mentioned any loud noise or any noise for that matter on their end. By the time I bring my phone to my ear that extra vibration is long gone. I see people complaining about every little thing they do not like. Like that guy the other day complaining about small font underneath the icons and that he is not able to read them because he wears prescription glasses. Guess what, I also need glasses to read and cannot read icons descriptions without them them. What do I do? Put my glasses on. There are millions of users out there and everyone has something to complain about. For months people on this forum were crying to give them 10.3.1 update. It came and now a lot of those people trashing the update left right and centre asking with desperation to help them on how to roll back to 10.2. No phone company will give you a perfect OS, so learn how to live with small glitches.
    03-04-15 05:58 PM
    No phone company will give you a perfect OS, so learn how to live with small glitches.
    None of those issues are present in 10.2 OS. I'm not going to "learn" something that is broken. Too many workarounds in BlackBerry already.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-04-15 06:38 PM
    Are you aware that it lasts less than a second? Broken function? Does it ring? Yes. Does it vibrate? Yes. I am taking calls from clients all day long. No one mentioned any loud noise or any noise for that matter on their end. By the time I bring my phone to my ear that extra vibration is long gone. I see people complaining about every little thing they do not like. Like that guy the other day complaining about small font underneath the icons and that he is not able to read them because he wears prescription glasses. Guess what, I also need glasses to read and cannot read icons descriptions without them them. What do I do? Put my glasses on. There are millions of users out there and everyone has something to complain about. For months people on this forum were crying to give them 10.3.1 update. It came and now a lot of those people trashing the update left right and centre asking with desperation to help them on how to roll back to 10.2. No phone company will give you a perfect OS, so learn how to live with small glitches.
    I do not consider myself a frequent complainer at all and I love my Z10 (so much so it has stopped me from buying a passport) as I did the 9900 before and the 9810 Torch before that.
    But it really is F**king annoying lol, it's a full second or two before it stops AND callers have asked me what that buzzing is and I cannot here what they say for that time - I deal with it *shrugs*, but it wasn't there on 10.2 and with all due respect it's a pretty significant bug affecting the most basic of functions...The answering of the phone, not something silly like :

"Why couldn't BlackBerry include this in the OS?"(insert random function)

"why no Porsche clock?"

"Viber doesn't work"

Etc etc

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.3.1.1581
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-04-15 08:09 PM
    None of those issues are present in 10.2 OS. I'm not going to "learn" something that is broken. Too many workarounds in BlackBerry already.
    It is not broken, it's slightly flawed. It rings and it vibrates. You hear it and feel it. You answer a call. You do not miss a call. And it is not to "learn", but to "learn to live with". So, work around the workarounds. Don't want to, move on to the other phone, platform, OS...
    03-04-15 08:54 PM
    Don't want to, move on to the other phone, platform, OS...
    Not a problem to do that. Millions did it already, nobody got hurt except BlackBerry. Nice solution. What about just to fix the OS update?
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-04-15 09:16 PM
    Not a problem to do that. Millions did it already, nobody got hurt except BlackBerry. Nice solution. What about just to fix the OS update?
    Vbdwork's posts are nearly always "doom & gloom ", you want optimism DO NOT read one of his/her posts! Lol
    That said, I agree with him, Yea I'm putting up with it, I'm hardly gonna change my phone because of it?

But it's still a glitch/flaw on a/the phones most basic of functions

03-05-15 06:13 AM
    And good that those millions did? Do you want negative, whining, complaining people on your team? I do not think so. And Blackberry is doing just fine without them.
    Never said do not fix the glitch, only said is is pretty minute as compared to a few others.
    03-05-15 06:34 AM
    Vbdwork's posts are nearly always "doom & gloom ", you want optimism DO NOT read one of his/her posts! Lol
    That said, I agree with him, Yea I'm putting up with it, I'm hardly gonna change my phone because of it?

But it's still a glitch/flaw on a/the phones most basic of functions

Thank you!
    That's all I have to say (Forrest Gump)
    03-05-15 06:35 AM
    First off, why so bloody defensive of BlackBerry? This leak has been out for MANY months and this flaw, however minor of an inconvenience it is, is with a communication function of the phone, something they should be PERFECT with.

As I've mentioned in a previous post I can forgo the seamless 3rd party app function (if at all) that you'd get with android/iPhone, but I'll be dammed if there's persistent issues with communication functions.

Aside from the vibration after you answer the call, I have a 3-4 second delay in answering or calling. It's a definite bug and needs to be addressed asap. THAT'S THE POINT OF THESE FORUMS, not just to cheerlead what you already like. Clearly if you're on here you've made your choice with sticking with BlackBerry, now it just a matter of providing feedback to help them improve the user experience.

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-05-15 01:07 PM
    And good that those millions did? Do you want negative, whining, complaining people on your team? I do not think so. And Blackberry is doing just fine without them.
    Never said do not fix the glitch, only said is is pretty minute as compared to a few others.
    And clearly you have zero business sense because BlackBerry would KILL to have the marketshare and influence they once had, with the mass market 'complainers'. When BlackBerry fell behind with features/functions, the masses left. Would you prefer for that trend to keep going until the only choice you have is another platform? Prob not. So welcome the complaints, as they're consumer feedback to improve the company they've STILL put their dollars to. My only hope is the BlackBerry monitors these forums and quickly addresses them, to appease their customers, and continue to add features/functions to gain more. That is business 101.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JasonGallagher; 03-05-15 at 01:25 PM.
    03-05-15 01:13 PM
    And clearly you have zero business sense because BlackBerry would KILL to have the marketshare and influence they once had, with the mass market 'complainers'. When BlackBerry fell behind with features/functions, the masses left. Would you prefer for that trend to keep going until the only choice you have is another platform? Prob not. So welcome the complaints, as they're consumer feedback to improve the company they've STILL put their dollars to. My only hope is the BlackBerry monitors these forums and quickly addresses them, to appease their customers, and continue to add features/functions to gain more. That is business 101.

Posted via CB10
    Sir, you obviously learnt copy/paste function of your keyboard rather well. Congratulations to you on that. Next, put YOUR business sense in a shoe box and store it in the attic. Have you just crawled from under a rock? Consumers left blackberry in hoards when the company became stagnant and decided to rest on it's own laurels. It's a fact, not a trend. Blackberry has left mass consumer market. It would not kill for the market share it once had because thankfully they realized that they can not have it back and made a very sound business decision not to pursue that goal. This has been posted, announced, written, discussed numerous times on this site and in other media outlets. Blackberry cannot and will never be able to compete with giants like Google (OS side) and Samsung (hardware side). Blackberry is not focused on bringing millions of it's lost users back. And it should not. Market share is not the only denominator of one company's success. You do not have to have 90% market share to be a successfull company. Market share is for your couch loving Bob and Martha who run to the store to buy the latest and the greatest pile of useless features smartphone companies shower them with. Market share game is from the world of "my **** is bigger then yours". Blackberry's hardware business is secondary at best and is contracted out to Foxconn. Do you see the writing on the wall? Again this has been made clear more times then you can miss, but you obviously managed to. They are focusing on Enterprise business solutions, security, mobility, third party OSs compatibility solutions. The success in not in number of consumers they can cell blackberry devices at your local supermarket Rogers, Bell, AT&T, Vodafone branches, but rather in how many businesses, government institutions, industries, enterprises, military establishments they can sell their services to. The new features/functions will be brought in based not on what millions of iOS and Google users already have and blackberry users oh so desperately want, but rather on what business/Enterprise oriented consumers want/need. So, stop waiting, dreaming and hoping that one day 7 out of 10 people will be holding a blackberry phone in a street cafe, or city bus, or supermarket. It is not going to happen. I also absolutely support the direction Blackberry has taken and would like to see it succeed. And that is business 101, it just happens to be smarter than yours.
    Last edited by Russkii33; 03-05-15 at 04:04 PM.
    03-05-15 03:41 PM
    First off, why so bloody defensive of BlackBerry? This leak has been out for MANY months and this flaw, however minor of an inconvenience it is, is with a communication function of the phone, something they should be PERFECT with.

As I've mentioned in a previous post I can forgo the seamless 3rd party app function (if at all) that you'd get with android/iPhone, but I'll be dammed if there's persistent issues with communication functions.

Aside from the vibration after you answer the call, I have a 3-4 second delay in answering or calling. It's a definite bug and needs to be addressed asap. THAT'S THE POINT OF THESE FORUMS, not just to cheerlead what you already like. Clearly if you're on here you've made your choice with sticking with BlackBerry, now it just a matter of providing feedback to help them improve the user experience.

Posted via CB10
    Defensive of Blackberry? This is a site related to Blackberry, right? May be you got confused by the name Crackberry? Well, I will let you in on a secret. It is about devices made by Blackberry. Have been using blackberry devices since their one of first "pager" looking devices. Been so long do not even remember the model. Oh, just remembered. The 950. And I love my Z10. See nothing wrong with that. Do you? Too bad.
    What do you want me to be defensive of? HTC?
    Haven't we all made a CLEAR blackberry choice. WE ARE HERE!!!!
    You just said it yourself "minor inconvenience".
    Which persistent issues? We are discussing only one here.
    You want PERFECT? Forget it. Does not exist. Keep looking.
    Btw, don't we all love cheerleaders? I think Dallas Cowboys' ladies are the best.
    03-05-15 04:21 PM
    Gorbachev tried to end "learn to live with" philosophy in Russia, but looks like he wasn't successful.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-05-15 06:05 PM
    Gorbachev tried to end "learn to live with" philosophy in Russia, but looks like he wasn't successful.
    Really!!! That was all you could come up with? I do not even live in Russia, though of Russian descent and quite proud of that!
    Gonna bring Ukraine into the picture?
    03-05-15 06:20 PM
    I came up just with confirming a bug in BB10 OS. Have no intention to read your version of "War and Peace".
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-05-15 07:06 PM
    If anyone can help. Since I updated to 10.3.1.1581 I can longer get my phone to vibrate. When I receive a phone call or message it's just silent. Never had this problem in 10.2. Is anyone experiencing similar problems? I can only get to tone and vibrate but not vibrate alone. If this is bug I would like to know. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:16 PM
    I came up just with confirming a bug in BB10 OS. Have no intention to read your version of "War and Peace".
    I confirmed the bug as well. Just not in the same dramatic "we all gonna die" fashion as you. You found my version? Where? In the same dusty basement you confirm bugs from and hang out with your confidant JasonGallagher? He went quiet though after his CLEARLY thoughtful 2 posts. Did you send him out to get some soda and liquorish.
    Last edited by Russkii33; 03-05-15 at 09:03 PM.
    03-05-15 08:34 PM
    If anyone can help. Since I updated to 10.3.1.1581 I can longer get my phone to vibrate. When I receive a phone call or message it's just silent. Never had this problem in 10.2. Is anyone experiencing similar problems? I can only get to tone and vibrate but not vibrate alone. If this is bug I would like to know. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    If you access Customize App Notifications section of your active sound profile, you can turn off Sound setting and leave Vibrate setting on.
    03-05-15 08:39 PM
    I confirmed the bug as well.
    Thank you! When it's a bug, we call it a bug, not minor inconvenience.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-05-15 09:03 PM
    Thank you! When it's a bug, we call it a bug, not minor inconvenience.
    Welcome!
    03-05-15 09:05 PM
    I get something similar but only from two specific callers, when I answer the call with my Bluetooth plantronics,the call continues to ring even when I have slid the answer button on the phone its self. Very strange very annoying.

Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:08 PM
    I don't have any of these issues. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    03-05-15 09:17 PM
    I get something similar but only from two specific callers, when I answer the call with my Bluetooth plantronics,the call continues to ring even when I have slid the answer button on the phone its self. Very strange very annoying.

Anyone else experience this?

Posted via CB10
    I sometimes experience the same when I answer my blackberry while it is connected to a Plantronics headset via BT. Could be caused by the time it takes for 2 BT devices to establish connection with each other after a call comes in. Just a suggestion as I do not use BT very often. Do you have any slider type adjustment to control connection timing between BT devices?
    03-05-15 09:17 PM
    I don't have any of these issues. PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ

How dare you not to? Just wait, vbdwork will come up with a bug for you.

Glad you are enjoying your device without any issues. How's that unique keyboard experience? The reason I am asking is that at some point I will have to give recommendations to my clients. My organization just started to introduce BB10 devices.
    03-05-15 09:20 PM
    How dare you not to? Just wait, vbdwork will come up with a bug for you.
    Are you on drugs or something? This thread is in Z10 forum, not Passport!
    Must be a good reason for Bell and Telus to remove the update for all legacy devices. Better think a little before you type something smart.
    Batibreaker likes this.
    03-05-15 09:32 PM
83 1234