There is a guy who is offering a dev alpha b for cheap. I wanted to know that is there any difference between the final version of z10 and its developer's mode device as in performance wise and stuff ?
    Should I buy it ? Will it be upgradeable to the latest OS out ? Is it a good shot ??
    Thank You
    03-18-13 02:21 AM
    There's a lot of difference as I understand it. Although only thing I can think of right now is the ram. Dev Alpha has just 1gb, Z10 has 2gb.

There are obviously more seeing as it was a developers handset, BlackBerry wouldn't want to give all of their specs away.

Oh and it's uglier, and harder to use due to it's casing.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:34 AM
    Rumor goes that those DevAlpha devices has some kinda timer build in, which lock them up, becoming a brick in the near future. Keep this in mind before purchasing one.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:40 AM
    I wouldn't get a Dev Alpha. The RAM makes a significant difference. Also, the Z10 screen is *very* high quality. Color saturation and black levels are incredible for an LCD, and sharpness and brightness/bright colors in general are better than most displays, on par with the iPhone 5. I've never used a Dev Alpha, but I can't imagine why BB would spend money putting a nice screen in it if it was only meant for testing purposes, so I would think that the screen is also inferior. I'm not exactly 100% sure, but I don't think it has an SD card slot. Oh, and some apps won't be compatible. For example, Whatsapp is specifically only for Z10. It isn't available to Dev Alpha devices.

Honestly, it would be a really poor choice to get the Dev Alpha.
    03-18-13 02:43 AM
    Thanks everyone I also had more or less similar views than yours but anyway your positive response is highly appreciated and was helpful so thanks again.
    03-18-13 05:14 AM
    I heard about the timelock issue too. Don't buy it unless you want to show off an expensive paperweight.
    03-18-13 05:29 AM
    Also the alphas are property of RIM. It is illegal for that person to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:47 AM