Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-10-13 04:56 PM
49 12
tools
    Seriously speaking if they did an add with Donald Draper from mad men holding a BB10 instead of the cigarettes. 1 million phone sales first week. Thoughts anyone or ideas. Maybe Blackberry will check the ideas out if they become popular.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    07-02-13 07:58 PM
    Not to be a troll or anything but I haven't seen mad men what about the walking dead? Or a more well known show

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:05 PM
    Would have been cool to see BlackBerry sponsor that guy who walked the tight rope across the grand Canyon last week... can't remember his name at the moment, but how sweet would have that worked out! Sure fits the Keep Moving campaign slogan and I think they said something like 42 million watched!

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and julieb9 like this.
    07-02-13 08:08 PM
    I was thinking something more along the lines of a Go Daddy type of commercial with half naked chicks using BBM!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:09 PM
    Big fan of the walking dead. I do think them sponsoring crazy sports events like red bull is a good idea

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:29 PM
    A way to voice the BlackBerry 10 OS get, BlackBerry ADS displayed in the Background of movies.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:35 PM
    Two friends firing through tasks on their phones at an outdoor cafe. Show one guy constantly hitting the back button on their phone and getting frustrated and the z10 user rocking through everything using flow and then getting excited about crushing his buddy. Yells "Nobody's got flow like Me!" pan up to Ludacris lowering his sunglasses. Then voice over catch phrase "Live in Flowmotion, work in flowmotion." or "BlackBerry, let it flow."

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:33 AM
    Not bad guys, most of these ideas beat what blackberry calls advertising

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:27 PM
    A bunch of college kids taking pictures using the time shift feature. They could be making faces and deciding which to version to post to their BBM channel or FB.

Honeymoon couple or retired couple creating a slide show with StoryMaker and showing to their friends.

Teenagers having a flicking contest.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my portrait channel C0011B779
    Bossberry222 and jcarlos100 like this.
    07-03-13 01:31 PM
    Actually great ideas so far, really makes one wonder how BlackBerry hasn't done something like this already ... like SERIOUSLY!
    07-03-13 01:55 PM
    BB needs to execute a "challenge" campaign where they swap people's iPhones or Galaxies for Z10s and then let them use them for a specified amount of time. Then they get to choose if they want their iPhone or Galaxy back, or to keep the Z10, and explain why. Of course, apps are going to be a major problem here, but it could still work.

What sells the Z10 is the user experience - not apps, not features, not the name, but the flow, ease of use and efficiency. The best way to illustrate those advantages is this type of format where people will use a Z10 and then not want their old phone back. It's an old school method, but BlackBerry has NOTHING to lose here and everything to gain. Every iPhone or Galaxy user who has played with my Z10 is instantly enamored with the OS, but the trick is getting it in their hand to even make the comparison. This type of campaign would make people at least pick up a Z10 and check it out.

I really like some of the other ideas about timeshift pics for teens, storymaker for adults, etc. A mixed campaign with some of those ads and something like I mentioned above would do a good job to cover all of the bases.

Sad that in a limited brainstorm, this group has come up with ideas better than BB's own multi million dollar campaigns. Wake up, Frank Boulben.
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    07-03-13 02:02 PM
    There's a song called "inner ninja" that is a perfect song for a BlackBerry commercial! It talks about overcoming problems and how everything is great now that the singer has found his inner ninja. It's such a great fit for bb10. Perfect metaphor for BlackBerry overcoming previous issues and emerging with a new, more efficient OS. When I hear it I can imagine seeing images of the phone, what it can do, etc. It's a really catchy,fun song and the artist (Classified) is Canadian!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 02:24 PM
    Also, that Mad Men idea is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:39 PM
    Actually great ideas so far, really makes one wonder how BlackBerry hasn't done something like this already ... like SERIOUSLY!
    So true! These are all great ideas!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:41 PM
    Liking the ideas so far, if they just use anyone of these they can gain some market share back. Keep the ideas coming they are really good so far!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:55 PM
    Fun ads that push the idea that the OS is new , without the old bugs, hardware is current or better. And save the talk about the Hub for business people .
    The few people I've talked to about my Z10 either don't care or are turned off because it's to 'complicated ' . Make it something they want because it's fun with style and easy to use not boring like the few ads I've seen .

Posted via Z10
    trynacu2 likes this.
    07-03-13 04:29 PM
    I think a novel tact would be to address the fact they are behind and that they are working to make people "Take a look at the new BlackBerry". Or "Fall in love with BlackBerry all over again".

They should show a short story detailing the company's inception as a tiny business started why students, to a major player, their fall, and then how BB10 is "The new bb".

People love a comeback story.

It's risky but I think people would respond to it. Make it a real tear jerker.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 04:40 PM
    put a catchy hipster song with some hipsters taking very hipster time shift filtered pictures and then putting them on facebook or twitter or BBM and at the end saying something about being a smartphone before it was cool. as stupid as this sounds and as much as i hate hipsters this will help make blackberry cool again.
    07-03-13 04:49 PM
    put a catchy hipster song with some hipsters taking very hipster time shift filtered pictures and then putting them on facebook or twitter or BBM and at the end saying something about being a smartphone before it was cool. as stupid as this sounds and as much as i hate hipsters this will help make blackberry cool again.
    Nope.

Read second page on the Q10 commercial article. There's a guy that put exactly what BlackBerry needs to put. Very detailed post.

EDiT:

Here it is by user Bygglybobblyboo:

It's better(New BlackBerry Q10 commercial) but it still isn't hitting the spot. At least we're halfway there but it's still too weak. We've now gone from 'Keep Moving' to 'It's Time' but there is STILL no human interest story, no benefit and nothing that any of us on BB10, Q or Z, can relate to in terms of the reaction we get when we are asked about our phones by users of a different platform. I honestly don't understand why they don't understand what a great product they have. As I said in the Z10 forum here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-marketing-gu... :

'What BB should have done is use the resources they have to find out what really hacks people off about iOS and Android and build a new OS that addressed these issues and more. And here's the weird bit - they did.'

This is the commercial I still think they should do that I posted on that thread, apologies for the length but BB10 can still knock 20 bells out of the opposition, as no one else is getting anywhere near mentioning human beings in their ads or real life situations, it's all flimmy flammy corporate rubbish, not what is happening out here and if BB would just get it they would be onto a winner:

As promised here's what I would do if I were the BB Marketing dept (or, at the very least, advising it). A word of warning here guys, not only will this be a long post but also in my experience of corporate world there is not a cat in hells chance of them taking this approach. I'm not an advertising agency. I give people marketing that works, not that makes them feel good. I have presented stuff like this to countless organisations who look at me as if I am mad because, marketing is sexy and needs to be glossy and conceptual and cost a fortune, right? Wrong. But the corporate employees have to present it to the board and that's what they want to see. So that's what the agency gives them (for a fat fee) and everyone slaps each other on the back, the employees keep their jobs (hey, they gave the board what they wanted, didn't they?), and they all go for a beer and tell each other how great it all is. Only months later, when reality dawns, do people blame ANYTHING but the slick stuff they made because, it looked really, really, REALLY, good. Only Joe Public didn't buy in. The fools.

No. Marketing needs to WORK. That's it. And the definition of marketing working is that it brings in a damn sight more money than it costs. I've been doing this for years and I no longer get mad (it used to drive me crazy!) at someone who looks disappointed (or even waves me out of the room!) at what I tell them will transform their business. I really don't care anymore because I have delivered big results for those who, sometimes very, very nervously, went for it. If you want something that works, this is the type of approach to take. If you want to create a cinematic classic full of conceptual subliminal crap - please, take that. I'm off to make someone else a load of cash.

Everyone, in whatever country you are from, is bombarded with marketing messages every day. It's not just tv ads, it's billboards, radio, print and right down to the fact that you might have a Nike tick on your shoe. People have busy lives and your product, whatever it is, has a very small chance of being noticed amidst everything else going on out there unless you connect with them - and quickly. You have a split second to gain someones interest and then be relevant enough to hold it past the next ad they see.

So, this is what my BlackBerry TV/You Tube ad would look like. It would follow a template based on BB10 USP's (Unique Selling Points) that we KNOW are unique to BB10 and that Apple, Android and WP (and BB07, to be fair) don't have. In that way there is no comeback. I have put these 2 together based only on what has been posted on Crackberry by Z10 owners like me and the reaction we get when others see what our phones can do PLUS the positive reviews those that have come from other platforms have given.

The template needs to follow some rules in that:

1) It relates to a real world problem

2) The feature is easily explained

3) There is a real world benefit, particularly effective is an emotional one

4) It kicks the competition, whoever that may be, squarely in the nuts because only BB10 does it - they don't.

Now what you do is you apply the above to the unique features of the phone and you do it HARD. Try this:

TIME SHIFT 30' Commercial

SCENE: 30 - 40 year old well dressed lady (in the UK we would call her a 'Yummy Mummy' is heatedly telling her friend over coffee about her 5 year old daughters birthday party yesterday. She is talking to the camera excitedly, we are the friend.

'So, there I was, in the middle of the chaos. She's 5! Can't believe it. But you know what they're like, they run around for fun and I wanted to get them all together for a photo so Hannah would have a memory of her and her friends together. FINALLY after they'd blown the candles off the cake I managed to get all her friends in one place and get the shot! But when I looked at my phone Hannah and Michael had their eyes closed and they'd when I looked up, they'd all run off again'

'Thankfully my new Blackberry (camera view switches to the screenshots BB have already done on this showing how easy it is - ladies voice turns to voice over) has this great thing where it detects all the faces in the photo and I can move their expressions in time. Within seconds Hannah and Micheal's smiles were perfect and I had the shot I wanted, (camera switches back to the lady) that of my little girl and her friends on one of the most important days of her life.' She looks down and smiles at her phone contentedly which is sat on the arm of her chair.

Next shot she has turned to another camera over her shoulder which has been eavesdropping. She smiles knowingly and says 'So, tell me, can your phone do that?'

View changes to logo, Z10 and Q10 zoom in.

Male Voice: 'The new Blackberry Z10 & Q10. Because You CAN With A Blackberry....

Or another:

REMOTE FILE ACCESS 30' Commercial

SCENE: 20 - 35 year old male in a suit. His tie is undone. He is in a bar talking excitedly to his friend (the camera) at the end of a long day. We are the friend.

'You wouldn't believe it. Last night I stayed up late getting this damn presentation together and then we were up and away early this morning. The customer is worth a shed load of money to the firm and I've been working on it for weeks. Then, we get there and I have this horrific dawning realization that I haven't brought it with me. This was seriously bad news. The whole office was away for 2 days and everything I'd worked for, the lynchpin of the visit, is about to go down the pan'

'Thankfully my new Blackberry (camera view switches to the screenshots BB have already done on this showing how easy it is - mans voice turns to voice over) has this great thing where I can access any file on my office PC. I simply changed from phone to PC, grabbed the file from there and I the whole thing went without a hitch. (camera switches back to the man) Man, was I relieved! You have no idea, that phone saved my life!'

Next shot he has turned to another camera over his shoulder which has been eavesdropping. He smiles knowingly and says 'So, tell me, can your phone do that?'

View changes to logo, Z10 and Q10 zoom in.

Male Voice: 'The new Blackberry Z10 & Q10. Because You CAN With A Blackberry....

I think you get the idea. You can turn this template to any feature, any market and not only does it work, no one else is bringing the human element to smartphones at all, as far as I can see. And this is only a reflection of what Z10 owners I see in the forums are reporting (plus my own experience since I got it in February) EVERY DAY!

http://crackberry.com/node/180392

07-03-13 05:28 PM
    BlackBerry would be smart to get these devices into the hands of more athletes and celebs. Remember what Dre did with his Beats Headphones? He gave LeBron and his cronies free beats for the Olympics, and the rest is history. Also, BlackBerry needs funny commercials, rather than these highly esoteric ones. No one is trying to think whilst watching a commercial. Amuse me, but at the same time show some of the really cool features of the device. Hell, show the actual device. Finally, whenever 10.2 comes out, BlackBerry should hit the airwaves with numerous commercials touting its new features. Game pad support should be shown off as soon as possible. Headless apps as well. If BlackBerry is truly going to die, let it die fighting, rather than whimpering about "should we dare think outside of the box with our marketing? What will the business people think?" Just do it. Make it happen, BlackBerry.
    07-03-13 05:56 PM
    I was thinking something more along the lines of a Go Daddy type of commercial with half naked chicks using BBM!

Posted via CB10
    I like your style. Also, they might try getting their sh1t together and advertising the hell out of BlackBerry 10 instead of the half hearted stabs at it. BlackBerry 10 is by nature a reboot. Who's the reboot king? DWAYNE THE ROCK JOHNSON. THAT'S WHO! Get him BlackBerry, GET HIM!

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 on O2 UK
    07-03-13 06:06 PM
    Nope.

Read second page on the Q10 commercial article. There's a guy that put exactly what BlackBerry needs to put. Very detailed post.

EDiT:

Here it is by user Bygglybobblyboo:
    Thank you!

Go hard gents, not conceptual. That's what sells. And, would you believe it, since Friday all I seem to be seeing is people quoting wonderment from iPhone and Android users when they actually see what BB10 can do, something I have experienced myself.

Our customers are out there and they want what we have. It's a shame it's us who seem to be having to tell them. All I said here is a reflection of what I read in the forums as to all our real life experiences. The ads I suggested are simply one...last....step....from where they are now.

Go on BlackBerry! Stop being shy!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:29 PM
    My idea would involve getting important things done while being extremely distracted. (one minute spot) Not sure of the scenario or how it would play out? So far I only have three ideas.
    1. A mafia like character being chased and is trying to get his affairs in order just in case he is about to die.
    2. An old lady playing Bingo. In between Bingo calls, tasks are getting accomplished. Banking/ Ordering Depends Online / Story Maker Film of Grand Children etc....
    3. A mother with her own Home Daycare Business. Gets tasks done even with 20 kids doing exactly what kids do. Distract.
    Etc...etc....

In reality, I'd go for something like the recent T-Mobile or Pre Super Bowl QNX type commercials. Fun to think about never the less.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-03-13 at 07:13 PM.
    07-03-13 06:36 PM
    Good job with the posts! Hope the marketing team checks them out at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 06:55 PM
    I think a novel tact would be to address the fact they are behind and that they are working to make people "Take a look at the new BlackBerry". Or "Fall in love with BlackBerry all over again".

or

07-03-13 08:14 PM
49 12