And iPhone isn't?

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    iPhone is boring but what makes it a compelling buy are the apps. Jailbreak an iphone and tweak it anyway you want. You can't say that with a BB.

The army of devs and jailbreakers makes the iphone more of a complelling phone than a bb.
    06-23-13 03:01 PM
    iPhone is boring but what makes it a compelling buy are the apps. Jailbreak an iphone and tweak it anyway you want. You can't say that with a BB.

The army of devs and jailbreakers makes the iphone more of a complelling phone than a bb.
    A jail broken phone is insecure. BlackBerry 10 once 10.2 arrives will open the gates for even more android apps which will fill the gap that many people have been complaining about .

06-23-13 04:12 PM
    A recent quote from BB's Managing Director of Canadian Sales- True? Do Canadians get a bit of special attention with regards to treatment? (I guess you might have to know of a similar issue and how it was treated in Canada as opposed to elsewhere- Anyone have that perspective?)

Andrew MacLeod, BlackBerry’s managing director for Canada, told the Financial Post earlier this: “Canada is incredibly important to [us.] It is our home market, but it is also a very strategic market for us. We are very strong here, and I think we have a very unique relationship here with Canadians, that we treat with an endless amount of respect, attention and resources.”
    06-23-13 07:21 PM
    I work right next to a BlackBerry (RIM) building, I want them to do well it effects the job market in many areas in Canada.

06-23-13 09:08 PM
    A jail broken phone is insecure. BlackBerry 10 once 10.2 arrives will open the gates for even more android apps which will fill the gap that many people have been complaining about .

You guys and your bb security argument.
    06-23-13 09:40 PM
    It's actually a very solid argument.
    Except for a couple of short email server outages throughout the years, (NOT a security issue), Blackberry has been the most secure platform compared to iOS and Android by a country mile!

By the way, look at the post history of tgzgeorge. He is a CLASSIC troll! Almost EVERY post is a one-line inflammatory anti-blackberry post- For no other reason except to flame.
    Check out his post history! I'm surprised he hasn't been booted yet, but it shouldn't be long....
    Last edited by garpt; 06-23-13 at 11:32 PM.
    06-23-13 11:02 PM
    Cool can I have your credit card number, identity and all that good info if it doesn't matter to you. Oh it does? Why did you say otherwise lol...

06-24-13 07:52 AM
    This is a somewhat valid point though. I've seen the security reasoning thrown out many times around here without any actual context..."It's more secure because it's a BlackBerry!".

The security BlackBerry has typically been known for has been associated with BES, and to a lesser degree, BIS. With the new BB10 devices accessing their data the same way as other smartphones, where is the security advantage?
    06-24-13 09:00 AM
    A lot of my friends hate blackberry because of the legacy devices I told them get a BlackBerry 10 then you guys will be amazed

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:06 AM
    By the way, look at the post history of tgzgeorge. He is a CLASSIC troll! Almost EVERY post is a one-line inflammatory anti-blackberry post- For no other reason except to flame.
    Check out his post history! I'm surprised he hasn't been booted yet, but it shouldn't be long....
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 09:31 AM
    This is a somewhat valid point though. I've seen the security reasoning thrown out many times around here without any actual context..."It's more secure because it's a BlackBerry!".

The security BlackBerry has typically been known for has been associated with BES, and to a lesser degree, BIS. With the new BB10 devices accessing their data the same way as other smartphones, where is the security advantage?
    Most people also talk about blackberry balance being an advantage and in securing corporate data (which is really just emal) which is only available to BES configured bb10 devices. Most here are not on BES and exchange, most here use gmail or similar service.

So there's no advantage.
    06-24-13 10:20 AM
    Cool can I have your credit card number, identity and all that good info if it doesn't matter to you. Oh it does? Why did you say otherwise lol...

Sure come and take it.
    06-24-13 10:21 AM

Your argument is that the Blackberry platform is more secure yet you point with glee to the hope that it will be able to run "all" Android apps. That would be the same Android that is full of bugs, malware, spy ads and Trojan horses?

Not much of an argument for security.
    06-25-13 07:48 AM
    Your argument is that the Blackberry platform is more secure yet you point with glee to the hope that it will be able to run "all" Android apps. That would be the same Android that is full of bugs, malware, spy ads and Trojan horses?

Not much of an argument for security.
    Except that the Android apps aren't directly run in BlackBerry 10, but on a android runtime. And it's not like I'll be side loading some random android apps. The well known apps like Netflix should be fine.

06-25-13 07:54 AM
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of people who have very few positive things to say lol people defend their own I guess

Posted via my Zed (not Zee) 10
    06-25-13 08:41 AM
    Except that the Android apps aren't directly run in BlackBerry 10, but on a android runtime. And it's not like I'll be side loading some random android apps. The well known apps like Netflix should be fine.

Hopefully the jellybean update will give bb10 users the ability to selectively deny permissions of Android apps like we can with native ones.

Any idea if this is in the offing? That would be an improvement security wise for Android ports/sideloads.

06-25-13 08:47 AM
    Hopefully the jellybean update will give bb10 users the ability to selectively deny permissions of Android apps like we can with native ones.

Any idea if this is in the offing? That would be an improvement security wise for Android ports/sideloads.

No idea. 10.2 isn't final so anything can change.

06-25-13 08:53 AM
192 ... 678