Any Body Has an idea of how the Z10 would operate in Landscape ?????
    jl_06 likes this.
    12-30-12 01:42 PM
    Dev Alpha users should probably have a good idea of how it will operate in landscape mode. I suspect that the Z10 will only switch to landscape mode for certain apps, and I rather like it that way in fact.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-30-12 01:44 PM
    Dev Alpha users should probably have a good idea of how it will operate in landscape mode. I suspect that the Z10 will only switch to landscape mode for certain apps, and I rather like it that way in fact.
    nobody has yet to show us im curious as to how the keyboard will be set up
    12-30-12 01:47 PM
    Any Body Has an idea of how the Z10 would operate in Landscape ?????
    No idea but I will let you know in about a month.
    ctuffy, KasukeSadiki and heres_mez like this.
    12-30-12 01:55 PM
    Logically, on the apps and areas that support it, you would expect the keyboard to just be a more spread out version of the portrait one includes the suggestions on the frets.
    12-30-12 02:22 PM
    I love using my 9860 in landscape, landscape mode 98% of the time. I hope landscape is a option in telephone mode. It is not on the 9860.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-31-12 12:47 PM
    it generally stays locked in the portrait view. inside apps like the browser i was able to go landscape without issue. in the pull down menu from the home screen there is an orientation lock option.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-31-12 02:20 PM
    I'm sure RIM has their reasons. Peek and Flow would not benefit in Landscape. I just kinda like widescreen view and keyboard view. Thank you.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-31-12 02:33 PM
    I love using my 9860 in landscape, landscape mode 98% of the time. I hope landscape is a option in telephone mode. It is not on the 9860.
    Having used a variety of oblong slab phones, all of them have defaulted to portrait during calls. I haven't seen a lot of demand for having it in landscape, yet. Of course, I've seen very few people hold any of them in landscape during a call, so for what its worth, I'd anticipate 10 to follow suit.
    12-31-12 02:46 PM
    Why would it be markedly different than the Torch 9850?
    12-31-12 03:43 PM
    It'll be very hard to translate the advantages/innovations Portrait mode provide to Landscape.
    It's a very big shift as you have a lot of horizontal space but no vertical space. Perhaps a grid mode for landscape would still allow for one handed use.
    12-31-12 03:53 PM
    The majority of full touch phones are stuck in portrait for the home screen. I kinda hate that because it means you are stuck flipping the phone around if you use certain apps in landscape.

The only exceptions I've used personally are BlackBerry phones like the Storm and Torch and oddly enough the Optimus G, which is the only Android phone in recent years that I can think of that comes with home screen orientation switching out of the box. Meanwhile, devices like the Note II, which could really use landscape mode, are stuck in portrait-only unless you get a third party launcher. Makes no sense. I actually liked landscape home screen on my Optimus G so much that I changed the factory Nexus 4 launcher to enable it on that device also. Other than being rooted, my Nexus 4 looks 100% stock, except when you lay it on it's side.

Most manufactures seem to have a hatred for landscape, so I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a BB10 phone's home screen leave portrait. The latest build of the Dev Alpha is pretty much always stuck in portrait until you open a third party app. Which is really a let down. You can't even type a BBM message in landscape. Hopefully that changes with the official release though, but I'm not expecting it too.
    12-31-12 04:09 PM
    Sadly from what we've seen so far, BB10 seems to be primarily built around portrait mode. There seems to be no support for landscape mode in the Active Frames Screen, or the App Grid, not sure about the HUB.

But

I suppose Landscape support will come in a few months after launch, when they sort it out for the Playbook.
    12-31-12 05:07 PM
    tried it on a z10.

it stays in portait mode.
    12-31-12 05:15 PM
    I could see using landscape with a bluetooth keyboard.
    12-31-12 05:16 PM
    nobody has yet to show us im curious as to how the keyboard will be set up

Any Body Has an idea of how the Z10 would operate in Landscape ?????-landscape.jpg
    OmarVlogable, JORENO and LazyEvul like this.
    12-31-12 08:31 PM
    Other than to watch the occasional YouTube video, or using the camera, I can't think of any instance where I want the phone in landscape.

My iPhone 4s is always locked in portrait...it drives me nuts if it's not. I can't wait to dump it and come back to BlackBerry. Regret leaving my 9900 for iPhone...live and learn.
    12-31-12 09:40 PM
    you can operate it in landscape mode if you already in an app. I usually use this mode if I want to use BB10 browser or watching movie. But, I still prefer to use a portrait mode. More simple to swype from one app to the hub.
    jesse_h likes this.
    12-31-12 10:35 PM
    Most people don't use there phone in landscape mode unless they are in an app that forces it or watching a video and I'm sure someone said about gestures still working in landscape mode any way.
    12-31-12 11:32 PM
    We get a look at this in a video Kevin did many builds ago. You can see the ginormous icons on the home screen. I too would like to see what, if any changes have been made to accommodate using the phone in landscape.

We see here as of this build there was no way to peek while in landscape. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VGUmuqC_Q2A

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-31-12 11:56 PM
    I would think that the portrait mode is required to meet the one handed operations that the device was designed around.
    01-01-13 04:27 AM
    My Torch 9850 works beautifully in both P and L orientations, as do my PBs. I rarely
    use P orientation for typing. I find it unbelievable that the Z10 would behave any
    differently. Doc Neutron
    01-01-13 08:08 AM
    I like to use my 9860 in lanscape mode, it is very useful. And what if you're in an app in landscape mode and you want to go in the hub, or to make a peek? Maybe it will only need some time to used to this, but I think that it is a lack. And how BB10 will work on the Playbook wich is made to be used in landscape mode 99% of time???
    Yann
    02-02-13 03:23 AM
    Why BBZ 10 no work in landscape mode?
    03-26-13 04:10 PM
    I like texting in Landscape mode, it is a better keyboard on the 9860. Can the Z10 text in Landscape mode?
    03-27-13 07:52 PM
26 12