i know i saw it somewhere. its quite annoying that u have to either swipe down the fast menu on the main screen to get the date, or lock and unlock your phone to get the date.

is there any way to make the day/date appear on top of your screen always?
    03-16-13 03:54 AM
    03-16-13 03:56 AM
    how do u get the version 2.2? i have this app, but it only shows the battery indicator.

the battery indicator doesnt update itself actually. i got my indicator stuck at 50% but my phone is charged full. gotta open the app to update the %.
    03-16-13 04:02 AM
    you can check BB world to get the update... app stuck, could just be a bug, try resetting it. Also it needs to be an active frame to work, if i recall...
    03-16-13 04:06 AM
    A wish a quick "Peek" gesture would show the date aswell. Right now you can peek into the hub to check the date.
    03-16-13 04:07 AM
    have been doing that. problem with peek gesture is that, sometimes u did it so fast that it actually unlocks the phone. when that happens, u will be at the active windows screen, which won't give you the date/day. so, u have to either swipe down the fast menu from top, or lock the phone again and redo the peek gesture SLOWLY.

a hassle isn't it?
    03-16-13 04:10 AM
    A wish a quick "Peek" gesture would show the date aswell. Right now you can peek into the hub to check the date.
    I like the peek so much better. One can also click on the top power button twice. Having a large date and time display is far removed from the classy and sleek look of the Z10, in my opinion. We don't ever see a large clock in a swanky place, do we? There you go. :-)
    03-16-13 04:17 AM
    have been doing that. problem with peek gesture is that, sometimes u did it so fast that it actually unlocks the phone. when that happens, u will be at the active windows screen, which won't give you the date/day. so, u have to either swipe down the fast menu from top, or lock the phone again and redo the peek gesture SLOWLY.

a hassle isn't it?
    That's incorrect. If you pull down the menu fast or slow, the date and time is right there.

To save on your battery, it's good practice to set your screen lock out. And when your screen is locked, the date and time is also there.
    03-16-13 04:19 AM
    Just leave the clock as an active frame on home screen.
    03-16-13 04:28 AM
    what i mean is, i want this:

any app to show date and day on top screen?-untitled.jpg

i don't want to have to always swipe down the notification menu from the top when i want to see the date/day. or lock the phone to check the day/date, and then unlock it again.

i think having the time, AND DAY/DATE, on the homescreen is a must have for all kinds of phones, no?
    03-16-13 04:34 AM
    i think having the time, AND DAY/DATE, on the homescreen is a must have for all kinds of phones, no?
    No.
    03-16-13 04:47 AM
    That's incorrect. If you pull down the menu fast or slow, the date and time is right there.

To save on your battery, it's good practice to set your screen lock out. And when your screen is locked, the date and time is also there.
    Anybody notice that you don't have to pull from the top? You can just tap the clock bar.
    pandapurple and RichardAitch like this.
    03-16-13 04:52 AM
    Anybody notice that you don't have to pull from the top? You can just tap the clock bar.
    Oh gosh! You're right! Thanks!!!!
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    03-16-13 04:58 AM
    what i mean is, i want this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	141645

i don't want to have to always swipe down the notification menu from the top when i want to see the date/day. or lock the phone to check the day/date, and then unlock it again.

Yeah thats my app Wallpaper Changer HD v2.2 (link is posted above by another poster).

This is the whole picture:

03-16-13 08:26 AM
    All hail shao. The creator of the app that shows date and day.

But app world is still not updating it to v2.2
    03-16-13 08:28 AM
    Thanks! Never knew I could just tap on the too bar rather than swiping down..! on a side note, did you know that the calendar app, by default changes the date everyday? So the time is on the top bar and the date is the calendar icon itself on the icon grid screen.

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-16-13 08:34 AM
    I'm guessing that there is an assumption on BlackBerry's part that once you have seen the date, you are smart enough not to need a constant reminder of what day of the week it is.

I know today is Saturday March 16 without my phone having to tell me that.

JB

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-16-13 09:28 AM
    Thanks! Never knew I could just tap on the too bar rather than swiping down..! on a side note, did you know that the calendar app, by default changes the date everyday? So the time is on the top bar and the date is the calendar icon itself on the icon grid screen.

I thought I saw that too, I only had my Z10 for 4 days. Great catch.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 09:30 AM