Ok I really miss this one from my earlier blackberries. I'm so used to tracking my kids and boyfriend on the latitude that it kinda sucks being left without it. It helped a great deal to know their whereabouts and how far off they are from home.
    Any body knows of any app that can be downloaded on Z10 with the same functionalities?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:49 AM
    There was a latitude on BlackBerry OS7? I never used it. I know what it is. You can try side loading Google maps and see if it works through that.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 04:52 AM
    Latitude doesn't work on the Google maps side load

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 04:48 PM
    Ok I really miss this one from my earlier blackberries. I'm so used to tracking my kids and boyfriend on the latitude that it kinda sucks being left without it. It helped a great deal to know their whereabouts and how far off they are from home.
    Any body knows of any app that can be downloaded on Z10 with the same functionalities?

Posted via CB10
    That is something I miss from the Z10. If you sideload Google Maps there is no Latitude. The only substitute is to use the browser and the Google web site, it works but not as well as the app.
    04-13-13 04:58 PM
    look for street viewer notsure if it has a tracking option.
    04-13-13 05:10 PM
    if your with rogers and your daughter is too you can use phone finder from rogers to track her, but you need to accept it on her phone to allow this option only once and u can track her whenever after that.

I do this with my son without him knowing, I just set it up before giving the phone to him.

nothing is installed on the devices its all web based.

do note if she is in a building you may not get exact wareabouts, but be close, also. if your in a building samething you may not get actual area it could put her 5 miles off from where she is, so.just track here and there and be outside.
    04-13-13 05:15 PM
    That is something I miss from the Z10. If you sideload Google Maps there is no Latitude. The only substitute is to use the browser and the Google web site, it works but not as well as the app.
    The browser on bb 10 wouldn't let you open the Google maps and many other Google apps.
    I had tried that but in vain

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:25 AM
    if your with rogers and your daughter is too you can use phone finder from rogers to track her, but you need to accept it on her phone to allow this option only once and u can track her whenever after that.

I do this with my son without him knowing, I just set it up before giving the phone to him.

nothing is installed on the devices its all web based.

do note if she is in a building you may not get exact wareabouts, but be close, also. if your in a building samething you may not get actual area it could put her 5 miles off from where she is, so.just track here and there and be outside.
    Thanks for the info but I'm in India with Vodafone as my carrier so not sure about phone finder.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:27 AM
    I just use BlackBerry Protect. I know the email & password for my family so if any of us want to find another, we just logon to protect.blackberry.com

In less than a minute, you can have a map showing where their phone is located, as long as the phone is on and is in an area with coverage.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 09:31 AM
    I just use BlackBerry Protect. I know the email & password for my family so if any of us want to find another, we just logon to protect.blackberry.com

In less than a minute, you can have a map showing where their phone is located, as long as the phone is on and is in an area with coverage.

Posted via CB10
    That's strange. You can't download the blackberry protect app on yr device cus it says it's 'unavailable for this device' and when you go on the website it asks you to add a device for which it needs you to download the application onto your device!!
    How do you add your device to the account if you can't download the app on yr device?????

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:28 AM
    That's strange. You can't download the blackberry protect app on yr device cus it says it's 'unavailable for this device' and when you go on the website it asks you to add a device for which it needs you to download the application onto your device!!
    How do you add your device to the account if you can't download the app on yr device?????

Posted via CB10
    It comes pre installed check settings

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-16-13 11:15 AM
    Nah. I have checked settings and everything no blackberry protect to be found anywhere

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:23 AM
    Nah. I have checked settings and everything no blackberry protect to be found anywhere

Posted via CB10
    You sure you don't have it in settings?

Any app like Google Latitude?-img_00000005.png

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:30 AM
    Verizon has a cool family tracker feature

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it is not available in your country, where are you located? I am in the US and it shows
    Any app like Google Latitude?-img_00000390.png

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-16-13 12:57 PM
    BlackBerry Protect is included with BB10. Use the search feature, the little magnifying glass at the bottom of the home screen. Type in "Protect" and it'll take you to the settings page. In order to use this feature, you must set location services to "On".

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 01:14 PM