Please does anyone have any info on that for me? Have waited for real long now.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:40 PM
    Please does anyone have any info on that for me? Have waited for real long now.

I know of no legitimate 4500maH batteries for a Z10. Virtually everything I have ever seen are fake/bogus junk, which probably endangers the phone too.

There is nothing magical that will allow some manufacturer to cram 2.5x the capacity of the original battery in the same space as the original battery, using current technology.

There are some larger batteries that have been marketed, but they require the original back to be replaced and then standard cases do not work any more.
    03-01-14 07:08 PM
    I know of no legitimate 4500maH batteries for a Z10. Virtually everything I have ever seen are fake/bogus junk, which probably endangers the phone too.

There is nothing magical that will allow some manufacturer to cram 2.5x the capacity of the original battery in the same space as the original battery, using current technology.

There are some larger batteries that have been marketed, but they require the original back to be replaced and then standard cases do not work any more.
    Oh come on Tech you're such a pessimist :/

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:10 PM
    Oh come on Tech you're such a pessimist :/

You know what's funny about that - I actually lean strongly towards optimism, but when it comes to concrete matters of science, that is tempered by knowledge of what is and is not scientifically possible.

There is no such thing as a commercially available lithium-ion battery that fits in the same volume as the Z10 battery and has that sort of capacity, and/or is compatible with the charging circuitry inside the Z10.

If someone would like to demonstrate otherwise, I'm ready to see their evidence.
    03-01-14 07:41 PM
    You know what's funny about that - I actually lean strongly towards optimism, but when it comes to concrete matters of science, that is tempered by knowledge of what is and is not scientifically possible.

There is no such thing as a commercially available lithium-ion battery that fits in the same volume as the Z10 battery and has that sort of capacity, and/or is compatible with the charging circuitry inside the Z10.

If someone would like to demonstrate otherwise, I'm ready to see their evidence.
    OP never said the same size..

This one is 3800, for the -1
    http://mugen.co/mugen-power-3800mah-...tery-door.html

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-01-14 07:45 PM
    OP never said the same size..

And I already pointed-out that there were actual high capacity batteries available if you didn't mind stuff that sticks out and makes the device a lot larger and heavier.

But MOST people seem to think that they can buy a "Magical Gold Label Super Duper Exxxtreeme Special 4000 maH fully compatible Z10 battery" for $15 on ebay and double their battery-life.

As if.

What's worse, most of that garbage has no safety certification and no support and people run the risk of damaging their device if they use them.
    03-01-14 07:50 PM

Nah i know I know lol, just busting your ovaries Tech.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-01-14 08:06 PM
    So in essence, should I go ahead and buy any of these other extended batteries or just use my battery the way it is?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:06 PM
    So in essence, should I go ahead and buy any of these other extended batteries or just use my battery the way it is?

Posted via CB10
    Well if you don't mind your phone being thicker then by all means.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:25 PM
    Well if you don't mind your phone being thicker then by all means.

Don't forget the weight.

And try to buy from a legit vendor. Some of the manufacturers and sellers of these things have really poor eBay ratings, and if you have a problem (examples of this in one of the threads someone pointed to elsewhere about where to get them) you're likely S.O.L. Especially if it blows up your phone.

For example, Seidio - sold here at Crackberry:
    Seidio PRIME Case for BlackBerry Z10 | BlackBerry Batteries | ShopCrackBerry

Or Powerskin, sold direct or at places like Amazon through another vendor:
    Review: PowerSkin Battery Case With NFC for BlackBerry Z10 - BerryReview
    http://www.amazon.com/PowerSkin-Batt...UvbUpU10075560

The Seidio claims to have a 2600mAh battery totaling ~4400mAh, so this is probably similiar to the ones claiming "4500 mAh" - combined with the original 1800 mAh battery.

The Powerskin says it comes with a 1500mAh battery, for a total of 3300mAh.

At least if you deal with those companies and it doesn't work or breaks something, you'll probably have recourse.

And they probably actually have safety-certified components - unlike the direct-from-China knockoffs.

Of course none of these things are approved by Blackberry, officially.
    03-02-14 09:43 PM
    You'll never ever ever get the full capacity from a charging case. "Power" is lost on transfer, whereas on a battery, it's "drawn" instead.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-02-14 10:33 PM
    You'll never ever ever get the full capacity from a charging case. "Power" is lost on transfer, whereas on a battery, it's "drawn" instead.

Correct. But then again, lots of these sorts of vendors make lots of unsupportable claims.
    03-03-14 05:27 AM