Does anyone else having issues with answering a incoming call once in awhile its happened to me about 3-4times since I've owned the phone (bought it a week after launch).

What happens is either the screen stays black and i cant get it to turn on or the gesture is there and won't let me swipe up or down.. im just curious if I'm the only person who experienced this?

I love my phone and by no way is that a deal breaker, it will probably be fixed in a future update, but im switching to the Q10 next month anyway and curious if the Q will have the same issue

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 09:38 AM
    Have you tried pressing the button on top to see if you could get the screen back?

I've not seen your issue. One time mine got stuck where the slide down to answer screen stayed on and would not go away. I was able to initially slide down and answer the call. I was talking on the call but that answer screen would not go away. I couldn't do anything with the phone app. The other party hung up and I exited the phone app. Everything was fine after I closed the app and I have not seen that problem again.
    03-20-13 10:01 AM
    Ya i tried pressing the lock button at the top of your phone, and it doesn't bother me because it doesn't happen often, like ones in a bluemoon kinda thing, if it happened a lot then I'd be annoyed..

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:17 AM
    Yeah, I've been having similar problems too. I was originally going to hold off and wait for the Q10 but was convinced to go with Z10. I mis the physical keyboard to be honest. At least then there was a very definite phone pickup and hangup button that ALWAYS worked! With the Z10 I;ve had many times where it takes be 3, 4, 5 swipe attempts before I answer an incoming call. Missed a couple this way! And ending the call usually takes 2-3 tries too. I thought maybe it was my "technique" but seems like there may be a HW limitation. Or maybe I need to take a detailed training course on how to use the touch screen ;-)?
    I find it ironic that these basic PHONE functions are so hard. These *are* phones, right?
    I'm almost at the point of thinking of trading in for a Q10 but not sure how that would work. Likely my carrier will try to charge me again!
    Oh well.
    04-05-13 11:45 AM
    I too need to swipe the answer phone gesture several times and the call goes to voice mail before I can answer. Blackberry, if you are reading this...please make an upgrade and fix this problem. Answering a phone is a basic function none of us should have.
    05-12-13 02:17 PM
    Yeah, I've been having similar problems too. I was originally going to hold off and wait for the Q10 but was convinced to go with Z10. I mis the physical keyboard to be honest. At least then there was a very definite phone pickup and hangup button that ALWAYS worked! With the Z10 I;ve had many times where it takes be 3, 4, 5 swipe attempts before I answer an incoming call. Missed a couple this way! And ending the call usually takes 2-3 tries too. I thought maybe it was my "technique" but seems like there may be a HW limitation. Or maybe I need to take a detailed training course on how to use the touch screen ;-)?
    I find it ironic that these basic PHONE functions are so hard. These *are* phones, right?
    I'm almost at the point of thinking of trading in for a Q10 but not sure how that would work. Likely my carrier will try to charge me again!
    Oh well.
    Well I hate to inform you but going with the Q10 wouldn't have helped much as there is no dedicated send or end keys on that model nor will there be on any BB10 OS devices.

That being said, I've had this happen to me a few times and what I found, is it was matter of engaging the screen with your finger firmly so that the screen registered your touch before swiping down or up to answer or ignore.

Can't speak to the black screen situation the OP is having, I've never had that happen. I've had my phone since February 5th.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    05-12-13 02:26 PM