Who on here thought a brand new OS built from the ground up would be absolutely flawless? And who on here thought if it wasn't flawless (for them, mind you), they would deem it unusable and return it? And who on here felt that waiting for 10.1 would be absolutely unfathomable? Ridiculous cry babies on this site. I feel like I have to defend BB to people ON CRACKBERRY!? I for one, am buying a Z10 from Canada this week and getting a second junk month-to-month contract with AT&T just to play with it and learn it while I wait for my Q10 from Verizon. I'll help BB with 10.1 suggestions.
    02-03-13 09:42 PM
    I'm sorry you feel excited about this phone. Better luck next time.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-03-13 09:43 PM
    I know... I'm so excited about the loss of the quintessential blackberry functionality! F'ing awesome!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-03-13 09:45 PM
    "I know... I'm so excited about the loss of the quintessential blackberry functionality! F'ing awesome!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express"

Lol, make suggestions then. They will improve it.
    02-03-13 09:46 PM
    "I'm sorry you feel excited about this phone. Better luck next time."

I'm sorry your BB made the company about go out of business.
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-03-13 09:47 PM
    Well to be fair, people have been waiting a looooooong time for this phone to come out. I don't think it's unreasonable at all for them to want it to be perfect out of the box. I realize that that isn't likely, but you can't blame people for being upset if they feel the phone isn't prefect after all the hype that was built up here for it. I don't own one so I can't comment, but will be getting one when it comes to the States. If it does have a lot of problems I won't wait around for an update for it I can tell you that much. There are too many refined OS's out there to wait for Blackberry to fix it, if it does in fax that've problems. I've waited long enough and hope its good.
    02-03-13 09:50 PM
    You started a thread to say you aren't returning a phone you haven't bought yet? Logic runs strong in you .....

I'm not returning the z10 I don't own either.
    02-03-13 09:53 PM
    I don't troll android and iOS forums I have a long list of things I hate about both but I keep it to myself
    Lehomer likes this.
    02-03-13 09:53 PM
    So you want everyone to just say everything is awesome? BB10 is perfect and the difference between the z10 and iPhone is like night and day. There ya go.
    02-03-13 09:56 PM
    Well to be fair, people have been waiting a looooooong time for this phone to come out. I don't think it's unreasonable at all for them to want it to be perfect out of the box. I realize that that isn't likely, but you can't blame people for being upset if they feel the phone isn't prefect after all the hype that was built up here for it. I don't own one so I can't comment, but will be getting one when it comes to the States. If it does have a lot of problems I won't wait around for an update for it I can tell you that much. There are too many refined OS's out there to wait for Blackberry to fix it, if it does in fax that've problems. I've waited long enough and hope its good.
    I, too, was posting things like "it better have LED colors I can choose, and sleep magnet" and such, so I have my BB needs. And that was just after a short ownership of Bold 9930. But these people are talking about small changes and getting used to things that are not used to.

I don't consider Android in any way refined. It's a security nightmare. And it has it's nuances also....which is all people are complaining about BB10! Not big things, NUANCES that are pissing THEM off. Like they own the company or something. iPhone is polished, but it's stale and absolutely no customization.
    europolska00 and elmit22 like this.
    02-03-13 09:57 PM
    So you want everyone to just say everything is awesome? BB10 is perfect and the difference between the z10 and iPhone is like night and day. There ya go.
    Yes
    02-03-13 09:57 PM
    winter_hat - The problem with people is that many of them couldn't spot a good phone or a good platform if their life depending on it.
    02-03-13 09:58 PM
    Blackberry 10 FTW!
    Gla1ze, Ansovald and Sparro like this.
    02-03-13 09:58 PM
    You started a thread to say you aren't returning a phone you haven't bought yet? Logic runs strong in you .....

I'm not returning the z10 I don't own either.
    I'm a former programmer, I followed the development with bated breath. I am not returning it, I know what it can do. And the nuances that are making people lose their minds? I will have some also, but I will deal with them. Not start a forum post "This things is gawd awful! I'm throwing it into the highway traffic!"
    02-03-13 10:02 PM
    There will be a large number of people (many of which are apple fanboys) who get this phone, simply to claim it sucks so they can go back to their iphone and ignore its shortcomings.
    02-03-13 10:04 PM
    i honestly care less lol I'm just having fun.. I can't have the phone but I do have a 9810 that has things I hate about it..

simple fact if the matter is there is no perfect device NONE I just dislike blackberry a lot less then u do other platforms
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-03-13 10:05 PM
    iPhone 4S is one sexy *****, but it's old and small now. iPhone 5 is the same thing EXCEPT new proprietary ports causing you to have to use $30 adapters or throw out all your stuff. STILL no customization. STILL no expandable memory, STILL no removable battery, same EXACT UI for 5 years in a row. Browser is horrid compared to this phone. Keyboard is horrid compared to this phone. Responding to messages by closing one app, opening another, then responding and going back to reopen the first app? That is genius compared to the Hub.
    europolska00 likes this.
    02-03-13 10:06 PM
    iPhone 4S is one sexy *****, but it's old and small now. iPhone 5 is the same thing EXCEPT new proprietary ports causing you to have to use $30 adapters or throw out all your stuff. STILL no customization. STILL no expandable memory, STILL no removable battery, same EXACT UI for 5 years in a row. Browser is horrid compared to this phone. Keyboard is horrid compared to this phone. Responding to messages by closing one app, opening another, then responding and going back to reopen the first app? That is genius compared to the Hub.
    thank you.. apple sucks and that's just a very short list of reasons why...
    02-03-13 10:08 PM
    I'm a former programmer, I followed the development with bated breath. I am not returning it, I know what it can do. And the nuances that are making people lose their minds? I will have some also, but I will deal with them. Not start a forum post "This things is gawd awful! I'm throwing it into the highway traffic!"
    Programmed bb10 or programmer in general? If bb10, then can you elaborate on the features that power users like myself are disappointed are missing? Profiles is a huge one for me. From everything that was said, it would be a blackberry first just better.
    02-03-13 10:10 PM
    Why do people have to keep bringing up apple? Rim said they were targeting their customers with bb10.

I don't care about apple or android at all. I want a new blackberry that can do everything my 9850 can do, but better
    mikeo007 and wxmancanada like this.
    02-03-13 10:13 PM
    "This things is gawd awful! I'm throwing it into the highway traffic!"
    Just make sure that I'm driving by at the right moment with my window rolled down when you do. (Yes, yes, I know you were kidding. Darn it.)
    Last edited by DuexNoir; 02-03-13 at 10:34 PM. Reason: grammar...can't type and do grammar at the same time obviously.
    02-03-13 10:14 PM
    Programmed bb10 or programmer in general? If bb10, then can you elaborate on the features that power users like myself are disappointed are missing? Profiles is a huge one for me. From everything that was said, it would be a blackberry first just better.
    In general. Multiple languages. Wrote and sold kAuction ebay auction software. It's still being used, but I haven't supported it for at least 5 years, lol.
    02-03-13 10:14 PM
    In general. Multiple languages. Wrote and sold kAuction ebay auction software. It's still being used, but I haven't supported it for at least 5 years, lol.
    Have you tried bb10? I haven't, so I can't say it's right for me. I hope it is, but until I try it I have no idea if it will suit my needs. Every bb since the 7250 has with the exception of the PlayBook.
    02-03-13 10:20 PM
    quit clinging to the sinking ship, jump on a life raft and hope you get rescued
    02-03-13 10:25 PM
    I, too, was posting things like "it better have LED colors I can choose, and sleep magnet" and such, so I have my BB needs. And that was just after a short ownership of Bold 9930. But these people are talking about small changes and getting used to things that are not used to.

I don't consider Android in any way refined. It's a security nightmare. And it has it's nuances also....which is all people are complaining about BB10! Not big things, NUANCES that are pissing THEM off. Like they own the company or something. iPhone is polished, but it's stale and absolutely no customization.
    Not all of their criticisms or complaints are small or invalid, but you appear to be painting them all with one brush. Some people are tired of hearing: Be patient, or Wait for it when it comes to basic expectations. There has to be some point where you have been patient long enough. Lastly, having owned Android for my last 2 years I have yet to see:
    -any malware
    -any change in email spam
    -any change in telemarketing spam
    -any information theft of any kind

So what exactly are they doing with my supposedly big security flawed phone, waiting for me to become a senator so they can blackmail me?

Lastly, given that SOME of the criticisms about the z10 are actually valid (unless you're going to claim it's the world's very first perfect phone), then why are those people somehow not allowed to speak up?
    h20work likes this.
    02-03-13 10:34 PM
37 12