I just hope you don't use your S3 for much more than calls, texts and emails. Because that's all you'll be doing on the Z10 for a while.
    Oh, gee....is that all? And here I thought it was a communications device. Silly me!
    Bobcat665 and flocaine like this.
    02-04-13 02:42 PM
    I am buying mine tomorrow, and got to play with 1 today!
    Since I have never used a touch phone before for more than 2 minutes, I had no bad habits to unlearn.

Quite honestly, I did not find it had much of a learning curve(it was quite elementary). Maybe if you use other phones constantly and are already used to doing things a certain way.

Pretty much any time I have heard of a new phone coming out, I hear the initial complaints of features, and then they fix it with a simple patch a week later. I don't see how this will be any different
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-04-13 03:02 PM
    This post I like.

Give it some time people. Nothing comes out perfect.i think with BB10 super fast browsing can pretty much covers all the informations you need like news, sports etc. heck, you might not need some the apps anymore.
    I agree some apps is a must like myself I need whatsapp to keep connected with my non BB user friends & family, but like i said..give them some time. i'm sure they are working on this. Keep on believing people.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    At the end of the day, there are 2 types of technology users. Those that like to be on the bleeding edge and those that like solid performance with little fuss. Early adopters will buy in and enjoy the process of trial and error, of patches and development. They can appreciate the "bones" of QNX and imagine what is to come. Others need the device to work well from day one, their jobs, and their lifestyle don't afford the opportunity to live with growing pains. There are very mature ecosystems out there now, and convincing the latter group to jump ship on day one is a fools errand and one that is likely to backfire. Likewise, those in the latter group should not buy a Z10 this week or even this month, they are bound to be disappointed. I don't see what purpose is served by bashing others on either side. Early adopters are right to love the device. It has promise, and that is what early adopters love. Those that appreciate a no fuss mature ecosystem and platform are right to believe this to be half baked at this point. It is.
    02-04-13 04:19 PM
    all your issues will be resolved.. your just spoiled! have you ever adopted a new platform before? all i hear is WHINNERS .. GIMMIE MY APPS GIMMIE MY APPS.. like seriously?? there is some Software out there is not compatible with my OSX and how long has it been since that came out?!?! like seriouly!! you knew EXACTLY what you were getting into!

and those custom profiles are going to be FIXED like Kevin mentioned! you know how long it took Windows phone to get whatsapp!? DID YOU KNOW that SKYPE wasn't even working properly when WP8 came out!? it's a NATIVE product built by microsoft!

i have the Z10 and it KICKS my nexus 4 in the *** when it comes to usability.. it's only been out less then a week and u think ur gonna get the hang of it?!?! mann SPOILED! SPOILED.. take some time to learn something new!!

android and ios are a PAIN in their own way!! how about the fact that you gotta friggin down every app on the planet just to get GOOD EMAIL!!!
    i have yahoo, gmail, and my own domain.. i gotta have yahoo mail, gmail and the stupid CRAPPY *** s stock email!!

ios... hmm lets not fail t omention u have to have friggin itunes with EVEYRTHING u do! mass storage? whats that? yes u can mass storage on the Z10 if u have a memory card and it shows up as network drivers for the device storage! how about not being able to play ANY video that is not mp4 on iOS!?!?!

like dude don't mean to be mean .. but for goodness sakes give it a fair run before u make these assumptions.. people are just too spoiled and want things to pop out of a magic oven and be picture perfect out the gate!!

well welcome to software development!! you know how long ive been waiting for the FRIGGIN PEBBLE to come out so i can wireless charge my S3? i bet people forgot about that one!! unless i missed the annoucement!

bebuzz and or someone will come out with the LED light changer!

people just need to calm down and just KNOW what they are getting into .. you will experience BUGS, you will experience a period where it'll be hard to find the small time apps ur used to... that's what you KNOW when u plan to adopt and BRAND NEW PLATFORM NO MATTER HOW LONG IT"S BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT!!!

iOS was in development for 5 years and they still launched with LESS apps then BB10 did!
    Android the same thing!! they didn't even a proper store to download apps from!!!

whatever haters will be haters
    whiners will be whiners
    the ignorant will always be ignorant!
    I LOVE YOU MAN! People should know exactly what they getting into before they do.

People will always complain and never get satisfied even if what they get is near perfect. That's human nature! Doesn't bother me though, getting the Z10 with/without all the bugs. yay! LOL
    distributor1 likes this.
    02-04-13 04:28 PM
    ....it's over a year late - come on - BB need to do better than this to survive. They knew this years ago. But we're still here.
    How many developers wanted to invest in a system until they saw it actually drop? Some did, of course, but a significant investment needs to have a firm release, and for a while, it didn't look like it would make it out.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-04-13 05:26 PM
    Yeah yeah - let's not express anything but positive views - no idea why people in forums get excited about anything less than adulation. Happens in the Apple forums and the Android ones too.
    Enjoy your Z10 - I truly hope you do.
    lol I wonder why
    02-04-13 06:32 PM
    I still don't understand how many apps you could possibly need that makes it such a concern. It is a phone!!! Im 25 and the only apps i care about are Facebook, twitter, goal.com & games to fiddle with when im on the bus or something (im in UK). Other apps i need like maps are inbuilt already. I understand that you may have more needs & some apps we're used to are missing, but the phone works fine, its beautiful, i get my mail and use documents to go. Great mobile computing. What do I need a billion apps for when the fone can only take about 20 anyway?
    Last edited by flocaine; 02-04-13 at 08:05 PM.
    BKbehave, keefrto, web99 and 2 others like this.
    02-04-13 07:09 PM
    I think you need to be aware that you are on the bleeding edge of technology buying a mobile device on its launch. Yes there is a shortage of relevant apps, no Skype, or Whatsapp, both of which are really relevant in our business. Yes I am concerned about the battery life. But the beauty of our world is, if you don't like it send it back. You did not like it, thats fine. I had a crowd of 10 people in the Admirals Club last night watching an improptu demo (not that I can do that much, but i CAN navigate well after 2 days with the device) and people stopping me in the airport asking what that phone was. And the consistent comment was," I am blackberry, I will buy that". Now at the same time I am rocking a Note and a Sony ZL, so don't take me for a fanboy. But there is a niche for this device and there are people who want it, and lets let the water find its own level. Comments by the OP about another one going back are really not relevant, sorry mate, but your personal problem with the device is... your personal opinion, no more, no less. Carry on.
    02-04-13 08:02 PM
    Hey it's fine. I just hope you don't use your S3 for much more than calls, texts and emails. Because that's all you'll be doing on the Z10 for a while.
    What a sorry *** troll. Why don't you go to all existing forums for the products you consume and bash everything you don't like.
    02-04-13 11:23 PM
    Hey Dianod i am dumping my SG3 for the Z10 since it can not compare. You can give your troll like thoughts but in reality no one cares.
    How does giving his views make Dianod a troll? WTF are forums for?
    02-05-13 05:39 AM
    nj, have you used it on a bb10 device? The reviews are full of comments like "doesnt' work on bb10" "doesn't work" and "what a load of #$@*"

Appreciate constructive and factual input on the new OS which clearly is not delivering.
    Shlooky likes this.
    02-05-13 05:40 AM
    Hey it's fine. I just hope you don't use your S3 for much more than calls, texts and emails. Because that's all you'll be doing on the Z10 for a while.
    It always pays to watch an OP's follow-up comments. That's how you can tell if they're being sincere or malicious. I was willing to give the OP the benefit of believing the z10 just wasn't right for him/her (meaning, not everyone). But this last post was deliberately ridiculous, and now I see your true colors.
    MizMiMi02 likes this.
    02-05-13 08:59 AM
    I agree with you a 100% as I got my device last and have been testing it out. I myself am a loyal BB enthusiast and understand when people defend the device, however once you actually USE the device then you will know what DIanod is talking about.

As a seasons smartphone user and a sales rep that sells and promotes them, I can see a lot of people buying and then returning the device.

Here is my thoughts:
    - Yes the apps are that bad! don't believe the 70,000, get the device in your hands and see for yourself.

- The OS itself has a lot of confusing options to navigate around, again get the device first and you will see

- File back up is a pain. Blackberry protect doesn't copy over any content you saved, BlackBerry Link seems to copy only what it wants too and using the SD method is similar. I had to use Bluetooth to copy contacts and it took forever! just for 300 contacts, literally thought I was using a pay go nokia.

I'm not saying don't buy the device. The OS has many nice features to it and the hardware itself is beautiful, however a lot of key things are missing and per mentioned and it will be hard for existing smartphone owners to lose a lot of the features they are us to using. Someone coming from a non smart phone may not notice the difference. There is no reason why BB fans should have waited this long for a new device only to have less features then the old ones.

You ever been criticized for using a BB because it has no apps? well BB10 apps are even worst! when you guys get your hands on an actually device it will be hard not to agree with this original post. You will ask yourself what the **** where the app relation guys even doing all this time???!?!??!. For the average BB user's day to day 5 to 10 apps on avg I'm estimating you may have only 1 to 2 of them available on BB10.

Again keep in mind this is my honest view as a BlackBerry fan and user for over 5 years, I also promote the device actively as a sales rep. I also put large portion of my personal savings aka my tuition fund into RIM stocks. I'm quite concerned and hope this "new" BlackBerry company is more agile then the old and deals with these issues fast, otherwise Q1 and Q2 will be a disaster with negative reviews from both the press and users.

Again I don't want to sound to harsh but don't give us guys being honest a hard time. Get the device in your hands use it first if you want to disagree. I'm tempted to go back to my 9900 so I can use my BIS email account, Bloomberg, Whatsapp, Touch chat, and enjoy my custom alerts etc etc etc. $350 for the device on a 2 yr agreement, and I cannot use any of the mentioned features.

ONE SUPER SAD BLACKBERRY FAN
    I will not get one until whatsapp, bloomberg, bb travel,idos and some other apps are here. My 9900 is an efficient monster and is the best phone on the market for messaging as a whole and no phone handles whatsapp as well either. Nobody is going to buy that phone if it doesn't have things like whatsapp here in Europe. That is how I communicate with all my friends in different countries and most of my friends back in the USA.

I'd use a curve 9320 instead of a z10 until it gets these abilities.
    bbfan1040, av41medic and h20work like this.
    02-05-13 09:14 AM
    Dlanod
    CrackBerry User
    Posts92 PostsGlobal Posts105 Global Posts
    01-30-2013,*05:13 PM
    #33**
    Windows phone is actually pretty good. I have one and I like it apart from not yet having Spotify. Was set on a Z10 until today and think I'll just stick with my iOS WP 8 combo for now.

Does this mean their is no receipt for a Z10 as per post #33 above, I'm confused.
    02-05-13 09:32 AM
    It always pays to watch an OP's follow-up comments. That's how you can tell if they're being sincere or malicious. I was willing to give the OP the benefit of believing the z10 just wasn't right for him/her (meaning, not everyone). But this last post was deliberately ridiculous, and now I see your true colors.
    You got it! Check the postings in multiple threads. I don't get that.
    02-05-13 09:35 AM
    LOL, everyone keeps saying BB10 is the first iteration without realizing that it took Blackberry three years to work on it. So yes they had time to perfect it, but fell short of a few things.

PB all over again!
    av41medic and aniym like this.
    02-05-13 10:11 AM
    So, everyone should be fanboi's? Not for me. If I sign on to a 2 year deal, I don't want a Storm 2.

I despise Apple and barely tolerate Google, but I'm not going to suffer to buy a BB.
    Storm 2? We're talking about "Z10's" here! As a longtime blackberry user I've always hated the Storms also.
    02-05-13 10:19 AM
    or maybe there is a need for so many apps, since the basic OS is limited, hmm?
    how does this even make sense? another typical answer to bash another company not naming BB. why didn't u say they got 2000 fart apps also then

the OS is just the OS. tell me how the OS can play angry bird without the angry bird app. or edit my doc without doc to go app? somehow the OS can magically make things work without app?

is it all about app. dont install any app and tell me how great your OS is.
    Shlooky likes this.
    02-05-13 10:37 AM
    Dlanod
    CrackBerry User
    #33**
    Windows phone is actually pretty good. I have one and I like it apart from not yet having Spotify. Was set on a Z10 until today and think I'll just stick with my iOS WP 8 combo for now.

Does this mean their is no receipt for a Z10 as per post #33 above, I'm confused.
    I have to ask, do you intend to stalk all posters around the internet if they post something you don't like about BB10 in the hopes of catching them in some Perry Mason AHA moment? This isn't the first thread you've done this in, and it's rather chilling towards the purpose of a forum.

It's a little over the top over a cell phone, don't you think? People are allowed to be unhappy with the Z10. In my opinion I don't think the OP has given it enough time, but I'm not going to sleuth around the internet to try to catch him in some elaborate lie. That's a little creepy.
    mikeo007, kirson, Dlanod and 2 others like this.
    02-05-13 11:11 AM
    Perhaps that might be the real reason USA has to wait? Iphone was released that wouldn't work when you held it. Yet zillions were sold in spite lots of bad press. Blackberry has complaints about so many things! Some material. Key apps. that are missing has been disclosed By Blackberry, including info that they are in progress.
    Blackberry has released phones for reviewers. Many didn't try to learn how to operate them! Z10 is NOT an iphone!
    One commentator called 30 stores and quoted results. Unfortunately he mostly called same chain!
    Good luck BB.

USA user early adopter who wants Z10 so badly!
    02-05-13 11:37 AM
    LOL, everyone keeps saying BB10 is the first iteration without realizing that it took Blackberry three years to work on it. So yes they had time to perfect it, but fell short of a few things.

PB all over again!
    A post like this indicates you have little or no experience in the development and release of technology.

In every release cycle, there is a give and take on what must be fixed before release and what will have to wait for a patch cycle.

Furthermore, not everyone uses every feature. There are inevitably issues that arise after a device is in broad use that are never seen in testing. The real key is how quickly those issues and gaps are now addressed.
    02-05-13 11:53 AM
    Storm 2? We're talking about "Z10's" here! As a longtime blackberry user I've always hated the Storms also.
    I'm pretty sure the OP was being sarcastic.
    02-05-13 12:33 PM
    Dlanod
    CrackBerry User
    #33**

To the Crackberry Master sleuth - is it OK with you if I changed my mind and decided to go for one after all - or if you post something on this forum you're bound by it for ever - come on - chill out a bit - life is not one big conspiracy - people change their mind - and just because one user, i.e. me , didn't like my Z10 is it really such a big deal?

Peace!
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-05-13 04:07 PM
    Honestly, who cares. If you don't like it and it's not for you don't post it to discourage others to not try the device. Everyone has different needs and wants. I for one am getting one this week. I'm not gonna post that I returned it if it wasn't for me.
    Why not? People want to read about the good and the bad. This is how we make choices or not?!
    av41medic and h20work like this.
    02-05-13 04:24 PM
    I haven't used one but I totally expect a large learning curve. It's completely new and there's nothing like it. Yes, Apple is easy and simple, but I don't see how you can say Android is. The screen, well, that's up to you and since you can have them side by side (I assume you do) then hey, cool. The omissions....well my thought on this is they would release a brand new OS with almost everything there. They can iron out the bugs, as there will no doubt be many, then start adding in the smaller nuances that we all love. Apps, well we all know, or at least should have known, that there was going to be an app gap. That will have to come in time. As for WP8 apps, they are still missing ones that BB has so that would be a personal thing as to whether or not you need them right away or can wait until they are there.

I'm not saying you are wrong in your choice, but your pros seem to outweigh the cons, aside from apps.
    The learning curve is similar to the BlackBerry PlayBook but the Settings menu layout mirrors existing BlackBerry smartphones since BlackBerry OS 6. I will admit the BlackBerry Z10 has a better virtual keyboard than the BlackBerry PlayBook. Does anyone know if separate BlackBerry IDs can be used for the Personal and Work profiles of BlackBerry Balance? I am setting up my BlackBerry Z10 as a personal smartphone while waiting to hear whether a BES data plan is required for full functionality of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. If I can only use one BlackBerry ID, I will probably use the same BBID as used for my professional-use BlackBerry PlayBook.
    02-05-13 05:05 PM
161 ... 4567