Well I was in my kitchen and saw my nephew drop a bowl out of the cupboard which broke and they threw it in the trash. No big deal, it was a cheap set of dishes anyway, then I saw them all looking at my Z10 which was in the area. I ran over and discovered the bowl had landed on my screen cracking it. Freak accident to be sure. Well now my Z10 is a brick, and in my solitude after the event to keep myself some saying a string of obscenities and something I might regret I realized that if this was my 9900, I would have almost full use of the phone, without being able to operate it directly, via my PlayBook bridge. Unfortunately even though QNX was supposed to be the greatest M2M play in history, BlackBerry has still not gotten the Bridge software on the Z10 up to par, and I'm going to have to wait for the insurance replacement to arrive to be with a phone. Had the Bridge been working, or if I could get BBM on PlayBook, then I wouldn't be without service at all.

COME ON BLACKBERRY AND GET THE BRIDGE ON THE Z10 FULLY FUNCTIONAL! This is all you an your software, no third parties to blame, lack of marketshare, etc. All on you!
    05-28-13 06:00 AM
    Well I was in my kitchen and saw my nephew drop a bowl out of the cupboard which broke and they threw it in the trash. No big deal, it was a cheap set of dishes anyway, then I saw them all looking at my Z10 which was in the area. I ran over and discovered the bowl had landed on my screen cracking it. Freak accident to be sure. Well now my Z10 is a brick, and in my solitude after the event to keep myself some saying a string of obscenities and something I might regret I realized that if this was my 9900, I would have almost full use of the phone, without being able to operate it directly, via my PlayBook bridge. Unfortunately even though QNX was supposed to be the greatest M2M play in history, BlackBerry has still not gotten the Bridge software on the Z10 up to par, and I'm going to have to wait for the insurance replacement to arrive to be with a phone. Had the Bridge been working, or if I could get BBM on PlayBook, then I wouldn't be without service at all.

COME ON BLACKBERRY AND GET THE BRIDGE ON THE Z10 FULLY FUNCTIONAL! This is all you an your software, no third parties to blame, lack of marketshare, etc. All on you!
    Really?

You want them to spend all that time adapting bridge so it works flawlessly with the old and the new devices, just so they can throw it all out the door in a month or two when they drop BB10 on the Playbook?

Would be a complete waste of time and money.
    05-28-13 06:18 AM
    Really?

You want them to spend all that time adapting bridge so it works flawlessly with the old and the new devices, just so they can throw it all out the door in a month or two when they drop BB10 on the Playbook?

That is a pretty old way to look at it. Bridge already works well with old devices. The OP is asking that it works well with his Z10. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I feel that my PlayBook is almost useless now. This weekend my wife and I had an email we wanted to read in depth sent to her 9810, rather than my Z10, so we could easily view it on my PlayBook...disappointing loss of convenience.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:37 AM
    Really?

You're making the assumption that OS10 will come to the PB, while he's talking about the reality that it isn't here yet. Some of us don't think OS10 will ever come to the PB and would like the things that are here to work properly now.
    05-28-13 07:53 AM
    Really?

Yes. Why would they have not put this in place before releasing the z10 is the real question here

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:03 AM
    OS10 coming to the PlayBook in a month or two???
    05-28-13 08:10 AM
    Really?

Yes Really!!! We don't know if the PlayBook will get BB10. Also even if it does get BB10, the PlayBook won't be able to txt, and we have no idea if you will be able to have BBM from a single account go to two separate BB10 devices, but with a functional Bridge between a PlayBook and Z10 I would be able to receive and compose text messages and BBM messages. Right now all I can do with the Bridge is connect to the Internet and access files on the Z10. Shame on me for expecting BlackBerry to make new products that are comparable or better to the products they are sold to replace! I'm selfish!
    h20work likes this.
    05-28-13 09:09 AM
    Really?

So nice of you.

Yes. They said they would and it is expected. Period.

You actually think anyone would lay down cash for a new tablet if the knew how badly the PB users have been treated since day one?

Wow.

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-28-13 09:14 AM
    And so what is RIM / Blackberry doing to fix this issue, I Love the new Z10, but without the proper bridge to the Playbook it's beginning to suck...

They used to have several third party bridge programs, what happen to all those...?

This need to be fixed, NOW...!!!
    02-03-14 04:03 PM
    The playbook is what? 3 years old now? The answer you look for is a new BlackBerry tablet. They really need one for enterprise. And, if the PB was Android...well good luck, it would never be updated!! so, move on, the bird has flown!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 05:48 PM