Hey guys.

I'm sure there are already a TON of threads asking for similar things, but with all my searching I wasn't really able to find the answers, so I'm making another thread, and hopefully I can get some answers, that can help other users.

My current phone is a Nokia N9 (which I absolutely adore) but it's getting on in time, and for several reasons I have decided to move on to the Z10. Unfortunately, I'm with Wind Mobile, and until they decide to get up off their butts and put the phone for sale, I get to sit on my thumbs.

Now, there are certain things I've gotten used to on the N9, that I would like to see available on the Z10. I am fully aware that it's a totally different OS, and I'm definitely willing to adapt and get used to the new UI. But these are small things, little details that may or may not be available, that could seriously hamper my enjoyment.

Now, I mentioned the N9 because it's my current phone, and because it has a very small number of apps. Most, if not all of these functions are baked into the OS itself, which is what I have had to make do when there are about 20 useful apps in the store. (That may be overestimating it)

#1 - Keyboard haptic feedback. - Through my searching, it seems this has been confirmed, but when playing with a Z10 in store I wasn't able to find it in settings, so I would like confirmation.

#2 - LockScreen Icon - This is one of the few things that wasn't baked into the OS, that I absolutely adore. It's also available for Android phones. It's simply an icon, shaped like an app icon (that i keep on the top right of my app list) that you tap, and it locks the screen. With the Z10's ability to unlock without using the power key (the N9 can do it by double tapping the screen) It means that you would almost never have to use the physical power button, thereby saving it. (It would be nice is there was also an "app" to reboot/shut off the phone, thereby avoiding use of the key even more)

#3 - IM chat integration - More specific for facebook/msn/skype. When adding those accounts to the device, by going to messages, I can chat with people on those services. Not just send messages, but actually real time chat, like on the PC. I know there are apps to do this, but I would like to know if it's built-in. I'm aware skype isn't available yet, but it would be nice if it was added. (To add more accounts to the N9, you just added the protocols, infinitely handy)

#4 - Face Tagging/Face recognition - I'll try to keep it simple. Snap a picture, if the software recognizes a face (more often than not, but sometimes misses), it will ask me who the face belongs to. Sometimes it even gets the right person. It learns from the database. Now, failing that. I can manually add a face. Draw a small box around the face I wanna add. Add the person from my contact list. The neat thing, is when I upload one of those pictures to facebook, the tags I have on, stay added. ( assuming I correctly tagged them from my merged facebook contacts)

#5 - Swipe down to close - You know how you minimize apps by swiping up? Well, on the N9, you can swipe down to close them instead of minimizing them. Makes life so much easier, and saves a step. I'm aware this is a UI choice, and would require some major re-coding of it, so it's unlikely to happen. However, if this were possible, of if anyone knows something about it, it would be awesome.

Well, these are the major things I'm looking for. They are all baked into the OS (except #2) so I would hope I don't have to get apps for them. I would if I had to, I wouldn't mind, and I believe on both the UI and Z10 as being an amazing device. Even if these features are missing, I will most likely get one as soon as I can. But it would be nice. Anybody have any clue about these?

THANKS!
    02-06-13 11:56 AM