It just came to my mind that another gesture can be added to this great device, z10... swipe down to switch off the screen, the same as swipe up from the bottom but the opposite....
    I know some of you will say that it will interfere with the same swipe when you want to switch between personal and work home screen... but this one should be different as we are not always connected to that work network... right??? I would like to suggest this and this is the best place, I think... so what do you think about the whole idea???

Posted via my awesome Z10 STL100-3
    07-20-14 10:59 AM
    It just came to my mind that another gesture can be added to this great device, z10... swipe down to switch off the screen, the same as swipe up from the bottom but the opposite....
    I know some of you will say that it will interfere with the same swipe when you want to switch between personal and work home screen... but this one should be different as we are not always connected to that work network... right??? I would like to suggest this and this is the best place, I think... so what do you think about the whole idea???

You may not always be connected to the work network, but you will always have the work partition, or if you aren't on BES the quick setting menu, or the application menu.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 11:43 AM
    You know swiping down reveals app settings, right?
    anischab likes this.
    07-20-14 11:46 AM
    I would like a gesture for this also but not swiping down from the top. Unless they make it a three finger swipe or something.
    Alvin Loh and rhitdoph like this.
    07-20-14 11:50 AM
    I did NOT say swipe from top to down.... I said a swipe which obviously will be from the middle of the screen to the bottom... I said the same as switching from personal to work home screen...

07-20-14 11:56 AM
    When you have balance that gesture enables switch between personal and work.

-
    07-20-14 12:14 PM
    I like to put my Z to sleep before I put it back in my pocket or holster and have thought many times the same thing. Love the swipe up gesture to wake up, hate having to wrestle around to the top to press the button. A gesture to sleep would be great.

Posted via CB10
    RednekHoser and zozo1980 like this.
    07-20-14 12:15 PM
    For me, it is a must gesture to have...

07-20-14 12:31 PM
    Well instead of swiping from the top how about maybe tapping the battery icon twice kind of like swiping the battery on sdk's but instead just tapping it

Posted via CB10
    mrscase likes this.
    07-20-14 04:46 PM
    Wrestle around? It's a must have!?

I'm all in for extra options, but really? Pressing the damn button is one of the easiest tasks you'll ever face..
    07-20-14 04:57 PM

I'm all in for extra options, but really? Pressing the damn button is one of the easiest tasks you'll ever face..
    Or you can just do nothing and let it time out,.. lol

Priorities, priorities...

Posted via CB10
    zehkaiser, BionicKris and FrankIAm like this.
    07-20-14 05:01 PM
    There is such gesture, but works only when your screen has been off already. When you swipe up half way, for seeing the clock or your lock screen messages, then if you swipe down "quickly", your screen turns off.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 05:11 PM
    I would love this feature on my Z10. I know, I know... it's just a button. But I'm the kind of guy that tries to keep my phone in pristine condition. Have heard so many reports of buttons on other types of phone failing (iPhuck... cough cough...) that I am wary of pressing the button on the Z10 if I don't need to. Maybe it's a 'WANT' feature and not a 'NEED' feature, but it would be nice to have this integrated...
    zozo1980 likes this.
    07-20-14 05:29 PM
    I said a swipe which obviously will be from the middle of the screen to the bottom... I said the same as switching from personal to work home screen...

This gesture has been already been removed from BES activated devices
    07-21-14 12:45 AM
    This gesture has been already been removed from BES activated devices
    I know... I was just referring...

The whole idea is about to add another gesture... I don't want to press the button as simple as this lol.... because this phone is a gesture based one...

07-21-14 05:22 AM
    I did NOT say swipe from top to down.... I said a swipe which obviously will be from the middle of the screen to the bottom... I said the same as switching from personal to work home screen...

IMHO, it interferes with scrolling a screen in a browser or the currently running appa.
    07-21-14 05:33 AM
    IMHO, it interferes with scrolling a screen in a browser or the currently running appa.
    You can set it to be active only in home screen, problem solved....

07-21-14 05:46 AM
    Why not just add a screen lock on the quick settings? Oh and dont forget to add volume +/- in the quick settings! It's called a quick settings for a reason bb.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | @angelesrobby
    07-21-14 05:54 AM
    When you are on lock screen, swipe up a bit but not release your finger, then go down off the bezel, device turns off. This works when you have "swipe to wake" and the screen is off as well.
    Niallac and BionicKris like this.
    07-21-14 05:59 AM
    When you are on lock screen, swipe up a bit but not release your finger, then go down off the bezel, device turns off. This works when you have "swipe to wake" and the screen is off as well.
    I know this... as you said, the screen should be off in order to do this.... so it is useless... we need that in normal use....

07-21-14 06:29 AM
    I would love this feature on my Z10. I know, I know... it's just a button. But I'm the kind of guy that tries to keep my phone in pristine condition. Have heard so many reports of buttons on other types of phone failing (iPhuck... cough cough...) that I am wary of pressing the button on the Z10 if I don't need to. Maybe it's a 'WANT' feature and not a 'NEED' feature, but it would be nice to have this integrated...
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. I have had many phones over the years (feature, BlackBerry, Android) and never had a button fail on me. Not only that, you already use the button half as much as normal because you're not using it to turn on the screen.

Buttons have been designed to be clicked a LOT. And by a lot, I mean in the millions. Many keyboards have an expected click count of 50 million (per key). If you're clicking the same button on your phone for 2 years, that's almost a click per second for the entire two years. Don't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:58 AM

Yup. I'm with you on that one. There are other things that require more interactions that could be made simpler using a gesture, but turning off the screen isn't one of them.

Locking the screen on the other hand might be made easier with gesture.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-21-14 07:11 AM
    I like it as is. Enough of the swiping already.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    07-21-14 07:47 AM
    I suggested a solution to this before, allow the middle volume rocker to act the same way as the top power button. 1 click to show lock screen, 1 click to turn off the screen.

Such a simple solution and doesn't get in the way of anything. The only thing it would have to override is the "play /pause" for music controls.

It's very easy to click the side button, and on the z30 it's actually extremely annoying to reach for the top every time!
    07-21-14 08:46 AM
    I suggested this Cuz it's really annoying to reach the home button just to switch off the screen.... the swipe will be really helpful and usable ALOT....

07-21-14 09:47 AM
54 123