Well folks, I came across a site today and had to leave my comment. Here is the link. I left my comment after reading the article and was pretty amped up when I read in his bio that he is an app dev for a fruit company...
    Analyst: “BlackBerry 10 Likely will fail” | BlackBerryScoop
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-24-13 09:59 AM
    The more the stock gets punished, the more I will buy, for when the real numbers come out.
    02-24-13 10:04 AM
    Great job linking to his page so he can get more page views/money.
    Spawn12 and diegonei like this.
    02-24-13 10:13 AM
    By clown you mean you disagree with him. Not that you can prove he is wrong.
    Is that correct?
    mset, macberry33, mikeo007 and 3 others like this.
    02-24-13 10:18 AM
    What has he said that isn't correct. Tell me how you communicate with Mon BlackBerry phones beyond sms or actual talk? And remember that represents 90% of the market. If I have and iphone I can face time, Skype, what's app and soon Facebook voice. Great I have so many wonderful options on my Z10 - pH right I don't and that's exactly what the analyst said. And for the record I sold all my BBRY shares after u bought the phone. I totally agree with the analyst. My only positive is I bought low.

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    02-24-13 10:58 AM
    And to leejayh if Skype and what's app aren't available by the us launch BBRY is going to zero. You keep buying and average that cost down. But zero is zero.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 11:00 AM
    What has he said that isn't correct. Tell me how you communicate with Mon BlackBerry phones beyond sms or actual talk? And remember that represents 90% of the market. If I have and iphone I can face time, Skype, what's app and soon Facebook voice. Great I have so many wonderful options on my Z10 - pH right I don't and that's exactly what the analyst said. And for the record I sold all my BBRY shares after u bought the phone. I totally agree with the analyst. My only positive is I bought low.

Posted via CB10
    Err... My mom is on BBM, email, text, phone calls.
    Other than that i can ping her on facebook, gtalk.
    By march i will be able to ping her on whatsapp...
    Once she gets a z10 i will be able to bbm video chat with her...

what was your point again? (lets not forget MMS, MSN, Yahoo, skype to be brought along soon, .....)
    If you have difficulty in communicating even though you have a phone in your hand.... its not the fault of the phone....
    02-24-13 11:11 AM
    I don't put much stock into what analysts say, whether positive or negative. They're like the weatherman of financial/tech industry.

Too often, people around here are quick to vilify an analyst that says anything negative about BlackBerry, and glorify and praise one that says something positive or supportive. All they are doing is expressing an opinion...most probably don't give a rat's bum about whether BlackBerry succeeds or fails.
    02-24-13 11:26 AM
    Great you can talk to your mom pran! But none of your friends likely. Quit drinking the kool aid - we were told the bb10 was coming soon 30 months ago. Yet you stubbornly believe that we will soon get all the major apps. I am wishing you are right but my brain says not much chance. Btw my mom and dad are iphone users - there are only two bb users in my family and both have Z10's. So without decent apps we do have a great phone and a good browser - definately leading the pack right!
    pb1379, bobauckland and zeteo like this.
    02-24-13 11:40 AM
    Well of course people who want blackberry to succeed don't want negative articles out there. True or false ones. For myself, if I don't agree with the analogy in a bb article, I get ticked off because when some Joe searches the internet to learn about the Z10, this crap would be first on the list of searches. Sure, people on Crackberry can weed through the crap. Others will take it seriously even when it's a total bogus story with hidden agendas. I believe most people on Crackberry are so passionate about BB, they will get upset at these kinds of things no matter what. You're not going to change their way of thinking on this.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-24-13 at 06:53 PM.
    Blacklatino and der_mit like this.
    02-24-13 11:54 AM
    Great you can talk to your mom pran! But none of your friends likely. Quit drinking the kool aid - we were told the bb10 was coming soon 30 months ago. Yet you stubbornly believe that we will soon get all the major apps. I am wishing you are right but my brain says not much chance. Btw my mom and dad are iphone users - there are only two bb users in my family and both have Z10's. So without decent apps we do have a great phone and a good browser - definately leading the pack right!
    Not to mention that by fall we're supposed to get a first round of Ubuntu phones... Similar architecture as BB10 (Linux instead of QNX, but aside from that pretty much the same), same OS as desktop (the point windows phone is about, too)...

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    02-24-13 11:55 AM
    there is nothing architecturally the same between Linux and QNX at all. Just because a library is able to be cross compiled to run on different architectures doesn't mean they are the same or similar. Truth is Linux is great, but it is a modern OS that requires the latest technology. No matter what, you will see QNX deliver drivers faster than the competition and that starts with gaming.

We have only seen the start of what QNX can offer the consumer market. Its true its up to them to deliver but I don't think the technology itself is in doubt. Whats clear to me is that they haven't sent a "clear shot across the bow" to competitors but what would that be anyway? I think its fair to say BB is back in the game big time and that competitors don't have a choice they absolutely need to be worried about BB10 - that much is clear even to a novice.
    02-24-13 12:48 PM
    Forget the analyst bit for a minute - his basic conclusion that there isn't much there to get iOS or Android users to swap is inline with pretty much every mainstream review.
    Blacklatino and mikeo007 like this.
    02-24-13 01:13 PM
    there is nothing architecturally the same between Linux and QNX at all. Just because a library is able to be cross compiled to run on different architectures doesn't mean they are the same or similar. Truth is Linux is great, but it is a modern OS that requires the latest technology. No matter what, you will see QNX deliver drivers faster than the competition and that starts with gaming.

We have only seen the start of what QNX can offer the consumer market. Its true its up to them to deliver but I don't think the technology itself is in doubt. Whats clear to me is that they haven't sent a "clear shot across the bow" to competitors but what would that be anyway? I think its fair to say BB is back in the game big time and that competitors don't have a choice they absolutely need to be worried about BB10 - that much is clear even to a novice.
    If I'm not mistaken, I said that QNX vs. Linux IS the difference. Nowhere I said they're equal, no?

02-24-13 02:42 PM
    All of these Smart Phones have some software problems. Eventually they will get fixed. As features are added there may be some new bugs that come along. This is normal with this type of technology. Hopefully the bugs we do end up with are very minor and do not have a strong impact on the users.

I have the new Z10. I did and do have some issues, but overall I can live with these isssues, and I enjoy using the phone very much. I tried some other types for interest. As for myself I like the Z10 every much. I also like the 9900 and the 9800. These are all terrific phones.

As for investing in Blackberry, I do own shares. I kept buying in as the price kept falling. I am hopeful and do feel confident that Blackberry will make a very nice comeback in the markets. They have a terrific product. It is more secure and very conservative compared to its competitors. For business and serious type use this phone is excellent.
    02-24-13 02:49 PM
    DA DA DA DADADADADADA, DANANANANA< DANANANANA NANANANANANANANA.

(clowns Song)

Regardless of what happens - BBRY is going to be around, in one form or another. Since there is no need for BIS, the Z10 will still be kicking arse long into the future.

QNX Rules -

02-24-13 02:51 PM
    Wow. Unfortunately, I doubt we're going to see any less of these type articles after the launch here in the U.S. in a few weeks. I still want one......later.
    sent from my sexy PlayBook using Tapatalk2 (*_~)
    02-24-13 03:04 PM
    I don't see where you say that. You said Ubuntu has Similar architecture as BB10: that is wrong. They can run similar frameworks and libraries but the architectures are really polar opposites
    02-24-13 06:44 PM
    Not sure why anyone would have an issue with the post.. it was a repost of an analysts report on BB.... As much as I do not agree with the setiment it was basically a rehash of a stock analyst who is obviously short on BB stock and needs to drive the price down... tje poster was not lying about what was said and the poster did not take credit for it as his material.......welcome to the "real world".... this is where all these threads are pointless. The stock market analysts do not care about BB Apple or Google they just care about the money that can be made by manipulatng the stock prices.....and that is all that matters to them... just look at the beating Apple has taken after their last quarterly report..... There is no deep dark consperacy at play here just good old fashion "fee enterprise".....
    02-24-13 07:46 PM
    I don't see where you say that. You said Ubuntu has Similar architecture as BB10: that is wrong. They can run similar frameworks and libraries but the architectures are really polar opposites
    You just said it yourself...

Maybe the confusion comes due to the term BB10. It's not monolithic, thanks God, but consists of several well defined layers, of which only the lowest one, QNX, is categorically different in its internals compared to Linux. That accounts for memory management, process scheduling, device drivers... None of your apps will ever touch that level directly.

QNX adheres to Posix as its interface to user space (apps), as does Linux. Lowest level your apps could go. They're not the same on that level (each one has its particular sets of extensions), but per standard, are compatible.

The frameworks above that, that is, the stuff your apps normally relate to, are similar, if not the same. Both use Qt for native apps, html5 for Web apps, Java, too, if you insist.

Thus, the KERNEL architecture of the two ARE completely different INSIDE, everything on top of it is mostly the same.

And that's a plus, actually, it attracts developers. No needless learning of yet another platform, very little porting effort for existing apps written for such an environment.

02-24-13 07:46 PM
    QNX itself is a completely different beast inside than Linux, and imho much better suited to a phone. Actually, one of the reasons I'm attracted to BB10.

But it doesn't necessarily shine through. If iOS really is a downsized OSX, then it employs a very similar microkernel architecture as does QNX, and look how Apple leverages that power, how much the user profits from it...

It IS a very sound base, but it's not what makes up BB10's major experience.

02-24-13 08:05 PM
    Haters will hate...

Enjoy your BB10 and forget what others say. If you're happy with the device, be happy. There are many who would like to punish the stock and get in the game at the right price, albeit, projected sales are way down from the initial projections in the quarter. It will be an uphill battle as the Z10 is now simply a commodity and there are huge players in the arena. They will not take the world by storm, but at least they're somewhat back in the game now with BB10.

Thorsten has a job on his hands, but it's do-able, with changes in the company's philosophy. Apps will come and BB10 will prove it's capable of hanging with the big boys...but...

...and BBRY will gain share, but they will never outsell Samsung and / or Apple...

Meantime, BBRY hasn't changed their arrogant ways in dealing with their end-users...and if they don't make a big positive change in that - they will continue to spiral downwards. They need to follow Apple if they want to gain customers, period.

BB10 is now every bit as good as IOS and Android...but that in itself isn't going to make them a huge factor. The company needs to change its ways.
    02-24-13 08:46 PM
    The author of the site stated "the article was bogus" And he also said he was a dev for android and BB...

I made my point and crushed his argument that "BlackBerry 10 likely to fail"
    02-25-13 07:24 AM