I wonder if this is a Dev device but with the shells removed. Remember from previous pics that behind that Dev casing is a rounded casing like this one? Could simply remove that outer casing and have this.

But I must say that I do hope the final hardware is far from looking like this. If RIM releases the L-series with this hardware, they will not do very well despite how great BB10 will be. That's just reality - consumers judge the cover before the content.
    10-31-12 05:12 PM
    Now all we need is a picture that reveals how thin it is.
    See if those leaks were real!
    The thinner, more easier to break...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 05:41 PM
    I'm confused, what's so bad about this design? Is it ugly, or just boring? Does it look bad because of the plastic over the screen? I just don't get all the animosity towards the pics we've seen so far.
    mithrazor and Dougielas like this.
    10-31-12 06:36 PM
    The thinner, more easier to break...
    Not exactly. If it's thin and heavy, and it has no removable battery door or battery that could pop off the phone and absorb some of the force of the impact, then you might have a bit of a problem.
    10-31-12 07:07 PM
    I'm confused, what's so bad about this design? Is it ugly, or just boring? Does it look bad because of the plastic over the screen? I just don't get all the animosity towards the pics we've seen so far.
    I like the design. I think it's understated and simple, but classy. Besides, the focus should be on the UI.
    10-31-12 07:08 PM
    It's a solid design -I certainly wouldn't mind carrying it around- but it's not very eye-catching.
    10-31-12 07:28 PM
    I'm fine with the design, but I wonder about the material on the top and bottom (it's hard to ascertain the quality from the grainy picture). I'd be great if it had that rubberized feeling to it, like the back of the PB and my 9850's battery door.
    10-31-12 09:18 PM
    Looks like it is in a rubberized skin case to me.
    10-31-12 09:21 PM
    I don't like the casing design and the material. It looks dirty and cheap comparing to i5, lumia, one x and sgs3. But it's just a dev alpha, RIM is intentionally hiding the industrial design. Think about RIM's tracking record, their hardware maybe slow and software maybe disappointing, but when did they have bad industrial design?
    10-31-12 09:22 PM
    I don't like the casing design and the material. It looks dirty and cheap comparing to i5, lumia, one x and sgs3. But it's just a dev alpha, RIM is intentionally hiding the industrial design. Think about RIM's tracking record, their hardware maybe slow and software maybe disappointing, but when did they have bad industrial design?
    Or maybe you just haven't gotten a good look of the casing design or material? From every leaked picture so far it's only been the front side of the phone. It's hard to tell the casing and material from looking at the front of a slab phone.

But so far the design looks good.If it drops it doesn't look like the screen will shatter unless obviously if it falls flat on the screen.
    10-31-12 10:20 PM
    it is rubberized except the back door, plastic, just like 9850/9860/9360/9380
    10-31-12 10:26 PM
    This is likely final hardware, this is all we've been seeing for awhile now. Marketing teams need months to prepare and produce creative assets.
    10-31-12 10:53 PM
    Please get a pic of the QWERTY BB10 device!!!
    10-31-12 11:00 PM
    it is rubberized except the back door, plastic, just like 9850/9860/9360/9380
    10-31-12 11:05 PM
    Well, looks kinda cool. I dig an all-black phone with just the right amount of rubber and steel at the right places... Hopefully the final hardware will incorporate more stainless steel (and not chromed crap which rubs off after a while) and a rubberised feel for that perfect grip.
    10-31-12 11:19 PM
    I like the rubberized back door of 9800 comparing to the plastic one for 9810. 9810 slides too far on the table.
    10-31-12 11:25 PM
    I'll still buy it, but it's not a sexy phone. It needs to have the wow factor to catch the eye in store of current non-bb owners. If that's the final hardware I'm very disappointed, it doesn't matter how good bb10 is, if the phone looks crap sales will be hit.
    11-01-12 02:30 AM
    I don't think it looks "crap" . It's the guts that count, and as long as its not ugly like the Porsche thingy they had.
    11-01-12 03:36 AM
    It's not about the guts for the mass market, it's about how it looks.Phones are now fashion icons, that phone does not make a positive fashion statement. A lot of people will buy phones based on how they look, if that is the final version it will get panned by the non-blackberry media.
    11-01-12 05:03 AM
    I'll be the first to say.....100% Doubtful. Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually, I just doubt it happened.
    Think about what you said and what he is suggesting. As a person who lives in Toronto yourself, it's really shouldn't be all that hard to imagine RIM employees walking around Waterloo using these things. Back when the Bold 9900 was coming out, I saw plenty of folks with them in Halifax before they were available to consumers. All devices need real World testing somewhere and areas with RIM locations are great spots to see unreleased devices.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    11-01-12 05:33 AM
    It's not about the guts for the mass market, it's about how it looks.Phones are now fashion icons, that phone does not make a positive fashion statement. A lot of people will buy phones based on how they look, if that is the final version it will get panned by the non-blackberry media.
    It'll get panned by some in the media no matter what. Let's be realistic here, half the tech blogs out there will go out of their way to find things wrong with it even if they do in fact love BlackBerry 10, just so they don't have to eat crow. RIM is dead remember? A tech blogger would never be caught with such a shameful device! /s
    11-01-12 05:37 AM
    i agree with you maybe this is dogfood.
    11-01-12 06:34 AM
    blah blah blah
    Last edited by manofice; 11-01-12 at 08:02 AM.
    11-01-12 06:59 AM
    Now all we need is a picture that reveals how thin it is.
    See if those leaks were real!
    Here's what I found on earlier leaked video; the one featuring Lady Gaga. It may not be the real phone but i think its representitive of the side profile. We could take the hint from this snap.
    Another BB London Pic - shows off the front-vlcsnap-2012-11-01-16h54m43s49.jpg
    11-01-12 07:01 AM
    what about tmobile?
    11-01-12 07:10 AM
71 123