i love my z10

but my battery is horrible! its dead after 8 to 10 hours MAX

I never lasts more than 10 hours and this is getting on my nerves

i've had it since it came out in feb and i am getting tired of having to charge it in every car i use

i have a charger in every room in the house/work and a car charger in ever car, i even take a car charger with my everywhere incase i am not using my own car

wtf is going on!

i did all the tips and nothing

only thing i can think of is my phone is full of pics like 5000 would this cause any batter loss?

i also use my phone a lot calls, whatsapp and msgs

any solution?

sell it and get a q10 ?
    05-22-13 02:03 AM
    Not sure that this is a problem as my Android only got 5hrs of uptime before I needed to recharge

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:12 AM
    are you using cloudstorage (box, dropbox), I sync my pics to the cloud, and syncing 5000 pics would be a disaster on battery life.
    Did you try eliminating things? For example, try to use your phone only on gsm mode for one day, switch of nfc, bt and wifi and see what happens.
    05-22-13 03:20 AM
    10 hours is pretty good IMO, i only get like 5 hours tops. Did you try the disabling of the gesture unlock option? I just tried it a few hours ago and am waiting for a full 48 hour cycle to report back of my findings. Link below:-

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-tip-793352/
    05-22-13 03:28 AM
    The Conclusions I made watching Battery Guru app for a couple of weeks:
    In stand-by the power consumption is 0,0 - 0,2 Watt. The battery lasts for ever.

When surfing the Internet with 3G the Z10 eats more than 2,2 watt. With that consumption the battery won't last for 2 hours.

The consumption didn't significantly change with the different OS leaks and update that I installed.

So: leaving the z10 alone: no battery problems;

And checking all the forums and social media whole day long: take a load of spare batteries with you.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 05:27 AM
    I'd kill for 10 hours of battery life.
    05-22-13 05:31 AM
    lol

i downloaded the guru now

also disabled gesture

lets see how it goes
    05-22-13 06:36 AM
    Guru is quite useless lol...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    And so is the discussion about how much better / worse is battery life after the next OS update. Pointless. It' s just how intense you use the phone

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 06:48 AM
    Get a battery charging bundle (comes with a spare battery).

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Personally I find it very useful.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-22-13 07:40 AM
    Mine last night was at 18% after 15hrs of usage = AWESOME

That's was a lot of emailing, texting, browsing and talking on the phone throughout the day/night.

Not sure why some people have lessor time, but I posted SO MANY FREAKING TIMES what my settings are and I don't USE MY PHONE AS A GAMING CONSOLE.

I can get 15-19hrs Np's using my settings and only doing what I just posted above and if my usage is LOWER I can get 20-24hrs np's, but this was on MEDIUM usage the 15hrs and when I use for HEAVY usage I get around 10-12hrs and that's ACCEPTABLE as THATS better then MOST smartphones on the DAMN market today.

This is on 10.1 Official Rogers OS, hell even on 10.0 I was able to this.

YOU CAN GET INFINATE BATTERY POWER FOR DAYS ON END, JUST HOOK UP TO A CAR BATTERY.
    05-22-13 07:50 AM
    Usually get 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy use before I hit the 20% battery warning. Yesterday I used heavily from 2 in the morning until 10 at night before hitting the 20% mark.

Usually use phone, text, email, calculator, calendar and some browsing during the day and save the Web surfing and fun apps for after work.

Love the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:59 AM
    10hrs isn't too shabby. OK, it cost me about �25 online, but I carry 2 spare batteries everywhere. Whilst out last wknd, by the time I got home, I was about 80% on battery no.3... This was about 16hrs HEAVY usage - mapping, calls, texts, checking sports scores - pretty much the whole shabang.

My Mrs was with me, with her iPhone4S. She charged her battery to 100% before going out. I was down to about 30% on my second battery when her phone 'died', but she used it far less than me, and I got about 70 photos & 120 mins of video of the show we were at.

She didn't
    05-22-13 08:05 AM
    Last night I let my battery total die using battery Guru. It took an extra 2 hours to die. Now I have fully charged it and we will see what happens. To kill the battery I put everything on max. I think maybe there is a calibration issue as well. Live my phone still.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:10 AM
    Mine lasts 10 hours a day consistently and I think it's great for a smart phone. Yes some last longer but there are many that struggle with 5 and 6 hours.

I have the battery bundle so I can get a total of 20 hours between charges if I want.

This is with what I would call between moderate and heavy use. Lots of bbm, Facebook and texts, browsing, chatting on the a side loaded Steam app, using crackberry and Blaq a lot as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:30 AM
    Usually get 12-14 hours of moderate to heavy use before I hit the 20% battery warning. Yesterday I used heavily from 2 in the morning until 10 at night before hitting the 20% mark.

Usually use phone, text, email, calculator, calendar and some browsing during the day and save the Web surfing and fun apps for after work.

Love the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Is your data usage on 3G or 4G?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:59 AM
    OP, which version of the Z10 are you using, with which carrier and where? How many and what type of email accounts are you using? Are you using LTE?

When I've used my T-Mobile line in major US cities, I've found that it needs to fight harder for signal and battery life is substantially worse. I typically only keep my Z10 on HSPA+ and use LTE only when I am doing heavy browsing, streaming or tethering.
    05-22-13 11:10 AM
    Modern lithium batteries don't require complete depletion, in fact depleting the battery is a sure way of damaging it. Frequent charging before it is totally empty is the best way of keeping it in good condition. Also slow charging like the usb port of a pc instead of a wall charger will prolong the life of the battery.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-13 11:18 AM
    Actually it's very useful to many people, and does things no other battery monitoring app does on the PlayBook or BlackBerry 10. You, however, appear to have a vendetta against it (or me), given how often you post negatively about it. Makes it hard for anyone to take your comments with any credibility, especially when you're trolling anonymously.
    rotorwrench and SunnyFL like this.
    05-22-13 06:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your post is quite useless. A lot of BB owners and PB owners have found Battery Guru a very useful tool for battery monitoring and troubleshooting problems not to mention it's much more accurate than the native meters. But of course you're entitled to your opinion, even when it's so obviously wrong, in my opinion
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-22-13 07:01 PM
    The links fails. Did look in BlackBerry W tho. Was interested, until I saw the screen shots. '31% - 8.1hrs remaining. Yeah, right...

You used HOW much lube?
    05-25-13 01:44 AM
    I'm running 3G not LTE and mine usually lasts around the same with moderate to heavy usage. I'm loving my battery life and 10 hrs for a smart phone these days is pretty good...

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 02:27 AM
    Battery life seems better with 1916 then with 2009

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 05:12 AM