So, I was reading on LifeHacker, and noticed this. I'm not an android person, never plan to be, love the Z10, but... can we do this with the Z10. There's some great toys here. Full disclosure.. no clue what a "shade" is.

Supercharge Your Notification Shade with These Android Apps
    04-18-13 04:19 PM
    I believe that's the "menu" you get when you swipe down from the top....
    it is basically the same thing we had in OS7 and even before that, where you calendar and fb/text notifications would be displayed.

We now have the HUB for that so, I'm not worried about it, However something Android and iOS have that we don't are toast notifications. Not sure why that is.
    04-18-13 04:24 PM
    I think shade refers to the pull down. And those are cool. That list popped up on my Feedly, and I hadn't had a chance to read it yet. Thanks for the reminder.
    04-18-13 04:32 PM
    However something Android and iOS have that we don't are toast notifications. Not sure why that is.
    This was a rumoured feature of BB10 prior to release. I believe it was called Cinnamon Toast. Yes, seriously!
    There was a Cinnamon Toast and a French Toast, and I get mixed up which was which.
    It looked super-cool, where tilting your device back slid open the toast message preview into the full message. Wasn't included in final product, obviously, at least not yet...

The app BeBuzz Pro amongst many other features includes toasts for emails and texts. There might be another app or two out there that do as well.

Please note that the BeBuzz app (or any other app that would do this) must be left open as an active frame for it to function.This will change when BB unlocks the ability to run so-called headless apps, i.e. apps that can run in the background. Unfortunately not coming with OS 10.1 as many of us hoped. (Boo!) 10.2, I guess...?
    04-18-13 04:53 PM