http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/GswhrdlRFho/

Feels good to be on BlackBerry. Still those Android side loads might play a role if we are to be swept up into this mess.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    06-06-13 06:50 AM
    Shouldn't be. Android apps are sandboxed. We should be perfectly Safe

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:52 AM
    You don't need to get out of the sandbox to steal personal information.
    06-06-13 10:26 AM
    Some of android sideloads run in the background on your Z10 with full permissions.

Posted via CB10 & Z10 abuser
    06-06-13 10:41 AM
    Whenever I read the thread title, I always hear the strains of Coolio's Gangster Paradise playing in my head.
    06-06-13 10:42 AM
    I consider myself a power user but I've never rooted my Android phone much less loaded a custom ROM. I've just been too lazy to read up on how to do it safely, and too risk averse to bricking the phone. I have never side-loaded any Android apps, because who knows what's been done to that apk.

Here's the funny thing though about BB10 OS, I see tons of users on Crackberry giving advice to sideload Android apps and flash leaked ROMs, and tons of users doing it without a second thought for security.
    06-06-13 10:51 AM
    Some of android sideloads run in the background on your Z10 with full permissions.

How can one close such apps?

Posted by Z10
    06-06-13 10:56 AM
    How can one close such apps?

Posted by Z10
    Well, there's a sideload app called advanced task manager and a BlackBerry world app called task manager that will show what is running in the background and allow you to "Kill" the task.

06-06-13 11:08 AM
    I consider myself a power user but I've never rooted my Android phone much less loaded a custom ROM. I've just been too lazy to read up on how to do it safely, and too risk averse to bricking the phone. I have never side-loaded any Android apps, because who knows what's been done to that apk.

Here's the funny thing though about BB10 OS, I see tons of users on Crackberry giving advice to sideload Android apps and flash leaked ROMs, and tons of users doing it without a second thought for security.
    Leaked OS files are still signed by BlackBerry - so they come from BlackBerry and have not been tampered with.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 11:27 AM
    the whole android hackers paradise thing is way blown out of proportion. Yes "hackers" could possibly do thing to apks and stuff, but the risk is so low. Spent more then a few years on Android after leaving Blackbery. Always rooted. Always a custom rom. Flashed new stuff daily. Never came across a virus or bad software. Just be smart about your sources.
    06-06-13 11:32 AM