Hi, on my device I see a folder called Android and it seems to duplicate some other folders and use up of my precious space about 2gb. Can someone explain this and if I can remove it

See attached screen shot
    Android folder on Device using up space + Dropbox problem-img_00001641.png

Another problem I'm having lately is that files that are sync with Dropbox and a local copy has been on my device for some reason it gets deleted from my device, like it gets unsynced

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:10 AM
    Yeah.. I notice that too..
    Dare not to simply delete it..
    Any idea guys?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:31 AM
    Don't delete it. Those are just links to the real files which don't take up much space on your device (I'm talking about KBs). If you delete e.g. files in the folder device/misc/android/DCIM/Camera, they will also be deleted in the device/camera folder.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    11-22-13 06:34 AM
    Don't delete it. Those are just links to the real files which don't take up much space on your device (I'm talking about KBs). If you delete e.g. files in the folder device/misc/android/DCIM/Camera, they will also be deleted in the device/camera folder.

Posted via CB10
    So, it's just a mirror of the files and folders for local apps?
    Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:36 AM
    There are also some Android specific files in there (e.g. files and folders created by Android apps), but most of it is mirrored.

Posted via CB10
    jafrul likes this.
    11-22-13 06:40 AM
    I don't recommend just starting to delete things especially if you don't know what they are.
    11-22-13 08:26 AM
    So, it's just a mirror of the files and folders for local apps?
    Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    Not a mirror, that would imply its the same data stored twice. Consider it more a pointer.

Like in Windows XP vs Windows 7 you have "My Documents" which on each operating system is in a totally different place, but many applications that run on either platform know how to get to that data using it.
    jafrul likes this.
    11-22-13 08:52 AM
    Whatever you call the method or process, as noted, be careful what you delete as you will delete the originals. But also be aware that if you manually backup and/or copy files or folders, you will wind up copying, at least, twice if not more, than the normal space. The Playbook uses the same "mirroring" system and I was manually backing up and, at first, I could not figure out why my 32gig playbook's backup was running out of space on my Computer. Well, the backup was about 50 or so GIGS, since Windows does not realize that these "duplicate" files are "not real."

So depending on what you are doing, those files may or may not be REAL depending on the purpose!!!
    11-22-13 11:17 AM
    Thanks everyone. it's just that I'm trying to figure out why my device is almost full when I have most things on the SD

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:56 PM