I bought myself the Z10 a month ago. I had previously posted a review from when I just started using the phone. Check that out if you need more study on the experience. Must say, it has been a painful experience.
    Yeah. I'm just that funny. It has been AWESOME! I'll give you an insight of how it's been for myself, but before that, take a listen.
    I've seen threads on this forum about the negatives and issues as such with the Z10. Some individuals often seem to get way out of hand and start thrashing the phone altogether. It's a forum, we're all entitled to express ourselves and our experiences, but I think we're all mature enough to present it in a way which is constructive and in turn would present a chance to improve on the new OS. Don't make it seem like someone stole your lollipop. Just saying.

So, here's to my experiences. They're good things only, I'll explain later why all the good stuff.

1. Hub: By far, one of THE best things about BlackBerry 10. I love how I can do everything straight from within my Hub even without leaving it in the first place. I don't have to leave and go to the BBM app to reply to a BBM message. I don't have to open WhatsApp to reply, none of the 'to and fro' mechanism is needed here. This is one thing I really have come to like a lot, so much so that I may want it in another OS. I understand that Android (my former, still respected and loved OS) has its notification bar, but then I've to leave what I'm doing to actually open the SMS app if I wish to reply to a text. There's a workaround like GoSMS for this, but just considering the native app. Also the peak is really good. Helps when you don't want to check a notification but still what to know what it is. Good stuff.

2. Keyboard: Who in the world can not like this keyboard? I used to have SwiftKey on my Nexus, and this beats it. As compared to when I initially started out with the Z10, the predictions have been super and on goal! My typing has only gotten faster than it ever was. This keyboard is epic. Wouldn't leave it.

3. Smoothness: After a month of use on any mobile OS, you'd expect a few glitches and stutters to start coming up every once in a while. This has changed for me. There has been no stuttering even after using the phone extensively. Even after downloading apps, filling the memory with media, and even when I run multiple apps through the Active Frames, it's as good as it was when I first unboxed it.

4. Camera: The macro ability of this phone just blows my mind. Really really accurate and crystal clear in terms of quality. Very sharp images. The auto focus works really well. Also the video recording is really slick. I've recently started doing VLogs on YouTube and I shot one of them with my Z10. For a phone, it came out nice. No disappointments with that.

5. Browser: I don't even need to stress on how good this browser is. Lightning fast. It loads heavy websites pretty well and quick and its flash support is nice. I do surf the web everyday and do use the browser. It's the best I've used after the stock Android JellyBean browser.

6. Battery life: I've read the battery life being poor. Poor is faaarrrr from what I'd describe the type of battery life I get. Everyday I put my phone to charge overnight and I unplug at 6 a.m. With browsing the CB app, browsing the web and reading the latest news, checking Facebook, I get down to 75%-80%, but that's till 12 p.m. average 20-25% lost in 6 hours is really good. I keep browsing the CB app during study breaks (I'm a student, so yeah.) and use BBM and WhatsApp here and there. Also a bit of music and videos. By the evening I'm only down do 50-60%. By the time I sleep which is usually around 11-12, I'm left with 15-25%. The battery has been really good. My Nexus would be out by 8-9 p.m. with the same amount of use. No complaints here.

Those were the awesome aspects to my overall experience. I've become really fluid in using the phone and I must say, the phone does its job well. That's all anyone would ask of from their gadgets. I haven't considered apps in this feedback, but that's only because I don't need anymore apps than the ones available.

Like I said, all good things. Here's why. Maybe I'm lucky, which I usually am in terms of tech, but even otherwise my Z10 has given me no issues. I read people stating bugs for the phone app, having multiple reboots during the day, contacts messing up and what not. Trust me when I say I haven't experienced any of that, because I haven't. No reboots, no stuttering in the phone app, no lags in the text messages, nothing. My battery has been top notch and I have no complaints.

I also understand that this is a new OS. In my opinion, it'll be the next big thing. The gestures really have grown on me and they've become second nature. Multiple individuals never gave the phone a chance when they needed to, hence the formations of "I'm returning my Z10 because Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!" threads. Before buying anything, research and study in detail about what it'll be like. I had spent a lot of time reading through the forums before getting my Z10 and it helped A LOT. Like I said in one of my posts, I beat procrastination and did my homework. Full of win!

No OS is perfect and I acknowledge the fact that we've reached a point in tech where the new gadgets altogether need to be as good as they can get. But, that being said, every user needs to look at his or her own lifestyle and type of usage. You've got to choose what works for you. Bashing an OS, just because it doesn't make chocolate covered strawberries when you want it to, won't give you chocolate covered strawberries. You bought the wrong ingredient then. I said this for the people who I've heard around the web, being frustrated by the unavailable apps. It was already known that apps will come in time and if this was one thing you specifically wanted, then I can't help but say that you should have waited.

Perfect is what works the how you want it to, and gets your job done the WAY you want it to. Android and BB10 are by far in my opinion the best OS's available right now. I've been a happy user with both. They both suit MY needs and that's what should matter.
    Thanks and again, kudos to BlackBerry!
    04-17-13 11:27 AM
    where do you get this chocolate covered strawberries app?
    ShAaShAy and SDTRMG like this.
    04-17-13 11:55 AM
    Link us to your vlogs :P
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-17-13 11:55 AM
    Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed reading it from another student's perspective and agree wholeheartedly.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:59 AM
    Link us to your vlogs :P
    Haha sure. Youtube.com/ritishayvlogs
    Do keep in mind that we're new to this and will get better.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-17-13 12:09 PM
    thanks for sharing
    04-17-13 12:14 PM
    great thread and great read! thanks for sharing with us

it always interests me to read up on other SOLID reviews and opinions from users coming from other OSs. Especially when I can be a little biased on my own opinion being a member of Team BlackBerry for years now and have not thoroughly tested other platforms haha.

I love my Z10 for all the reasons you have pointed out and more.

It comes down to everyone's personal needs within their smartphone of choice and BlackBerry just does it right for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:15 PM
    Good review. My wife swapped from a galaxy to the Z10. It was hard at first but everyday she learns something new and is liking it more and more.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:19 PM
    great thread and great read! thanks for sharing with us

it always interests me to read up on other SOLID reviews and opinions from users coming from other OSs. Especially when I can be a little biased on my own opinion being a member of Team BlackBerry for years now and have not thoroughly tested other platforms haha.

I love my Z10 for all the reasons you have pointed out and more.

It comes down to everyone's personal needs within their smartphone of choice and BlackBerry just does it right for me.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad you liked it.
    I tried to put everything into perfect words and be completely honest.

Exactly. That's the whole point of it. You get what does best for you.

Posted via CB10
    MsBrittz1016 likes this.
    04-17-13 12:26 PM
    Good review. My wife swapped from a galaxy to the Z10. It was hard at first but everyday she learns something new and is liking it more and more.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry needs more people like that, to at least give a fair try before judging it all.
    04-17-13 12:46 PM
    Thanks for the review. I really enjoyed reading it from another student's perspective and agree wholeheartedly.

Posted via CB10
    Appreciate you putting in time to read it. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:17 PM
    Great review bud. Good luck in your studies. May you get nothing but good marks.
    04-17-13 01:30 PM
    Great review bud. Good luck in your studies. May you get nothing but good marks.
    Thanks a lot. If I do, I'm throwing you a big party! It's on me!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:36 PM
    Are there any things that you dislike, in the sense of desired improvements? I love my Z10 and wouldn't go back to my 9810 nor go to any other phone, but it's far from perfect and I have my list of things that BlackBerry should be targeting in their future updates.
    04-17-13 01:48 PM
    Great logical realistic review, thanks OP.
    And for the record I haven't experienced any of those issues either

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-17-13 01:48 PM
    Are there any things that you dislike, in the sense of desired improvements? I love my Z10 and wouldn't go back to my 9810 nor go to any other phone, but it's far from perfect and I have my list of things that BlackBerry should be targeting in their future updates.
    You know, looking at BlackBerry now and looking at them earlier, I didn't even think I'd ever own one. The stuff they came up with is really catchy and will turn better. Honestly for now instead of hoping and wishing for certain aspects, I'd just rather have them surprise me.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 01:55 PM
    You've got it right.

I also "switched" from Android to BB10, it was two weeks ago, and I'm not regretting it at all. I was originally going for the One, and well, as happy I'd have been with it, I would have missed on the great User Experience I'm getting with my Z10.
    It might not have the best hardware out there, especially when you're used to bigger screens / better cameras (I loved my One X for the gorgeous screen).
    And the OS is clearly new and still has some quirks, such as reboots a few people are getting here, etc.

But I'm really happy with my choice right now, mostly because of the Hub, the keyboard, and the wonderful multitasking !
    Not only, that's for sure, as I'm also a huge fan of swipe-based OS, such as MeeGo Harmattan, and what will be coming in the next few months/years (let's hope so ).

Overall, I really get your point, as I'm feeling the same way.
    And I'm a "swapper" (most of the time, I can't stay for more than a month with the same phone, ah ah ...).
    But I know I'll keep this one for quite a few months
    DJRikko and SDTRMG like this.
    04-17-13 02:35 PM
    I agree The z10 is the best out so far from the camp

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:41 PM
    Bb10 FTW oh yah in my kool guy voice
    04-17-13 03:15 PM
    Spoken like a true scholar. People would save themselves a lot of aggravation by doing a little research to know what what they are getting into.

BBX-I Said it!
    04-17-13 04:16 PM
    Dude, by far the best review I have read on the experience with the Z10, you put so many things into perspective and not only do you a praise it, you one up it in every way. Very good review, truly impressed!
    +1

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and ShAaShAy like this.
    04-17-13 04:39 PM
    Haha sure. Youtube.com/ritishayvlogs
    Do keep in mind that we're new to this and will get better.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, best of luck with your exams! Which one was recorded with the z10?

Also, as an android user do you find that android phones become very laggy after a while.. Say a year?
    04-17-13 05:39 PM
    You've got it right.

I also "switched" from Android to BB10, it was two weeks ago, and I'm not regretting it at all. I was originally going for the One, and well, as happy I'd have been with it, I would have missed on the great User Experience I'm getting with my Z10.
    It might not have the best hardware out there, especially when you're used to bigger screens / better cameras (I loved my One X for the gorgeous screen).
    And the OS is clearly new and still has some quirks, such as reboots a few people are getting here, etc.

But I'm really happy with my choice right now, mostly because of the Hub, the keyboard, and the wonderful multitasking !
    Not only, that's for sure, as I'm also a huge fan of swipe-based OS, such as MeeGo Harmattan, and what will be coming in the next few months/years (let's hope so ).

Overall, I really get your point, as I'm feeling the same way.
    And I'm a "swapper" (most of the time, I can't stay for more than a month with the same phone, ah ah ...).
    But I know I'll keep this one for quite a few months
    I myself really enjoyed my Nexus screen. I didn't have any problems with adjusting to this one.

The best thing about this phone is that even though the hardware isn't the best right now, it's still respectable and the OS utilizes it in a way which works very well and with ease.

It'll go a long way from here, that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:43 PM
    My big thing when reading a forum full of people using the sme device driving the same car etc is any issue is going to be magnified 10 fold. We have a sample size that makes up maybe 1/10th the total user base and we all comment on things we love and hate. Just like car forums people go there and ***** about issues with their car. The rest of the users drivers etc who do not participate in a forum may be pissed or may be enthralled with their product. So when you read negative or glwing reviews always remember the sample size we are dealing with.
    04-17-13 10:55 PM
    Haha, best of luck with your exams! Which one was recorded with the z10?

Also, as an android user do you find that android phones become very laggy after a while.. Say a year?
    Thank you!

Well, sometimes my HTC sensation Xe (had Sense) used to stall a bit here and there but nothing major. My Nexus, which was stock android without any skin had JellyBean. This was like THE smoothest phone I had used. It wouldn't lag. Maybe once or twice within third party apps, apart from that it didn't. That's because of the OS version and stock android. Skinned android phones do stall though, I admit.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:59 PM
39 12