I've just been using the Z10 since 3 days now. So far, I've been very happy with my choice. People do say that I 'wasted' my funds on a BlackBerry phone, but little do they know, it's actually that good.
    I really like Android devices, having owned multiple ones. I came to the Z10 from the Galaxy Nexus, so I'll also mention a few things with regards to the Nexus.

1. Physical Aspects: The screen size on the Galaxy Nexus was quite ideal for myself. Much to my surprise, even though the Z10 has a smaller screen, I didn't really have any problems going to it. I thought I'd feel the smaller size hard to put up with, comparing to how I had become to used to the larger 4.65'' Nexus screen. The overall size is nearly the same, almost identical in terms of thickness, and very similar in height. The weight of the Z10 is significantly lighter than the Nexus and I could feel it. The screen sharpness I found to be better on the Z10 due to higher PPI. The blacks though on the Nexus were better because of its AMOLED screen. Doesn't really hinder the overall experience though.

2. Battery Life: The battery life on my Z10 has been way over impressive, at least to me. My Nexus used to never go above 12 hours with heavy use, and my Z10 stood firm ground with around 45% left with similar amount of use. It went over 18 hours with 45%! I used to charge my Nexus overnight and many times during the evening, but not the case with the Z10. The Z10 wins this one by a mile.

3: Efficiency: By efficiency, I mean getting things done without having to think of where you need to go and what you need to do. I found this better on the Z10. The Hub is very very useful. On my Nexus I've to navigate to certain places to choose a particular task. The Z10 gestures have now become second nature and I effortlessly Flow (pun intended) through my Z10 without thinking of anything else. Swipe left, see Hub, do my stuff and I'm good. I think this is mainly because of how both OSs handle the things they do. BB10 is more straightforward.

4: Apps: Okay so, we all know the Google Play Store is really filled with all sorts of apps. I'll be a college student within this year, so I know I'll need productivity. The Play Store offers various apps to get stuff done, though the BlackBerry World is still catching up. The key apps I use all already on the Z10. Dropbox integration, Facebook and Twitter, WhatsApp are some things college students really use, and for me it's already there. I'm not a fan of Instagram so don't really care about when it comes. Many other major apps are promised and will be out, therefore I don't see how apps can hinder the use. Maybe for people who want them NOW, but otherwise I don't see it being a problem at all. Not for me. It's getting there!
    I just need a native YouTube app.

5: Customization: You knew this was coming. Android users have the benefit of endless customization, something iOS and BB10 don't do as good. I've also used iOS only to be left bored and needing a change. Android can be set up exactly the way you want it to look, that's a bonus. If BlackBerry can add some bit of slick customization options, it'll make it have a stronger base to those who care about themes and stuff as such. Not saying that the Z10 doesn't look cool. It does. Very. Cool.

6: Multitasking: Z10 does this better. Hands down. The open applications updating in real time are very useful. I don't have to press the Multitask button to see the open apps like I had to on my Nexus. Even then, those open apps wouldn't update in real time. The Active Frames are a huge help in making BB10 feel that much more efficient and complete.

7. Smoothness: I've had NO crashes, NO lagging, nothing to stutter my use. It's been as smooth as iOS if not much smoother. My Nexus had JellyBean and android users will know how smooth that was. This Z10 is actually smoother. Trust me, my Android friends. It is.
    Nothing lags, nothing craches, nothing unusual. *Jim Carrey style* *IT's GOOD!*

8. Keyboard: BB10 WINS! It's really creative and I've gotten used to tapping and swiping the words both. This makes it ULTRA FAST and blazing fluent. SwiftKey is as close as it can get, but this is better. The only SwiftKey thing I miss was the bar with the predictions on top.

Overall, I've absolutely LOVED the experience on my Z10. It's only been three days and I feel like I know the OS inside out. What people have to say about the ever-so-tedious 'learning curve' is sort of senseless. I agree you need to get used to it, but which football player scores a goal without kicking the ball?!
    I have no regrets on my choice, it like it, it works for me and that's what matters.
    I wouldn't say this a month or two before, but NOW I will. Well done BlackBerry!

UPDATE: Mar 26

-Battery: The battery life has been amazing now. I had a nine hour sleep the other night, got up, and saw just 7% loss with wifi on. It has been top notch so far.

-Smoothness: It has been really good as well. No crashes till yet. I still 'flow' through the phone with ease. Not a single time have a stuttered so far.

-Keyboard: The keyboard has just gotten better. The predictions have become very accurate and it has adapted to my style. Typing on this cool keyboard is now a breeze. I know I said I liked the horizontal predictions, but the flicking up really grew on me. It's what I use now.

I'll keep updating the post with me experience, and share with you guys how it's going.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by ShAaShAy; 03-26-13 at 12:51 AM.
    eldricho, Mel25, drjay868 and 37 others like this.
    03-21-13 01:04 AM
    I agree you need to get used to it, but which football player scores a goal without kicking the ball?!
    :
    An American football player.
    03-21-13 01:16 AM
    An American football player.
    LOL This had me cracked up! Hahah!
    03-21-13 01:17 AM
    Thanks for your post glad your enjoying your bb10 experience, I came from ios and agree with your post. I was surprised BlackBerry opted out of themes when they started it with bbos but overall the bb10 experience is an amazing one, a great communication device.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:24 AM
    Great feedback! Thanks for your effort and time!!

Posted via CB10
    ShAaShAy likes this.
    03-21-13 01:25 AM
    Thanks for your post glad your enjoying your bb10 experience, I came from ios and agree with your post. I was surprised BlackBerry opted out of themes when they started it with bbos but overall the bb10 experience is an amazing one, a great communication device.

Posted via CB10
    Even I was under the impression that they'd add themes. Who knows, maybe they will? Not a deal breaker for me though. The gestures make up for it!
    Bibi Olaitan likes this.
    03-21-13 01:28 AM
    I made a similar transition from my Nexus S and I love the Zed10. I had a Bold 9700 prior to the Nexus S and something always felt off with the android device to me. Customization was cool but something just didn't click for me and I'm glad to be back with my fellow Canadian company
    03-21-13 01:36 AM
    You're either a returning bb user or the z10 made that much of an impact. Win win situation. Good read.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:38 AM
    A very thorough review and I know BlackBerry is currently updating this and that as we speak. Hope you enjoy your Z10. I always peek and flow *_^ even though I don't have any messages to check and this has been going on every day for over a month now since I got my Z10~!

Never a moment bored of it or the lack off apps. Like you, the only apps I use mainly are Facebook and Twitter and having emails integrated into the Hub is the best. Can't wait for Viber and Skype though as I call back home quite often. The only email I don't know how to setup is my YorkU email account but I can ask my school for info about it 'cause right now I just have emails forwarded to my Gmail account.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and please keep us posted

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 01:45 AM
    You're either a returning bb user or the z10 made that much of an impact. Win win situation. Good read.

Posted via CB10
    Believe it or not, I would never has bought a BlackBerry if not for the Z10. I never liked their other phones, wouldn't have ever switched from my Nexus. I still love Android though, no doubt about that.
    03-21-13 01:46 AM
    Good read. That's how I feel when I moved back on my HTC amaze (released around the same time as the galaxy nexus), after having used the dev alpha as my daily driver for a month. There are so many elements in bb10 that just make sense.

If you don't like the words appearing on the letter and prefer the normal swiftkey style with the bar of suggestions on the top, you can turn that on in the keyboard settings. I think it's the settings for where the word appears (choose column; I think that's the right option).
    ShAaShAy likes this.
    03-21-13 01:46 AM
    Good read. That's how I feel when I moved back on my HTC amaze (released around the same time as the galaxy nexus), after having used the dev alpha as my daily driver for a month. There are so many elements in bb10 that just make sense.

If you don't like the words appearing on the letter and prefer the normal swiftkey style with the bar of suggestions on the top, you can turn that on in the keyboard settings. I think it's the settings for where the word appears (choose column; I think that's the right option).
    Agreed, it makes sense.

Didn't know I could do that. Thanks!
    03-21-13 01:52 AM
    Great!

Time to convert your other android friends. lol

I know I will when I get the Z10 probably this weekend.
    03-21-13 02:02 AM
    Another android convert. After getting a Z10, crackberry site is always open in my browser!
    03-21-13 02:24 AM
    I feel almost the same way coming from the Motorola RAZR HD. The difference is, I don't have much love for Android. BlackBerry is far more efficient to use.
    03-21-13 02:26 AM

5: Customization: You knew this was coming. Android users have the benefit of endless customization, something iOS and BB10 don't do as good. I've also used iOS only to be left bored and needing a change. Android can be set up exactly the way you want it to look, that's a bonus. If BlackBerry can add some bit of slick customization options, it'll make it have a stronger base to those who care about themes and stuff as such. Not saying that the Z10 doesn't look cool. It does. Very. Cool.

8. Keyboard: BB10 WINS! It's really creative and I've gotten used to tapping and swiping the words both. This makes it ULTRA FAST and blazing fluent. SwiftKey is as close as it can get, but this is better. The only SwiftKey thing I miss was the bar with the predictions on top.
    3 days eh nice!!!

Actually pretty sure you can set that up in options.Last I checked you get 3 options.The flick word ,the bar options and just plain keyboard no predictive text.

I definetly agree on the themes .Im certain that will come in about a years time as the OS matures.Its still on lockdown by BB.In good time devs will be able to do more and gain more access to inner workings of the OS.

3 days eh.See why cant people go into the Z like this guy and actually use the paradigmn.Instead of idiots complaining how come its not like my iphone,my iphone did this.I dont know maybe cause its not an iphone.

Anyway 3 days in nice enjoy your Z welcome to team BB.
    DeDonKJC likes this.
    03-21-13 04:09 AM
    3 days eh nice!!!

Actually pretty sure you can set that up in options.Last I checked you get 3 options.The flick word ,the bar options and just plain keyboard no predictive text.

I definetly agree on the themes .Im certain that will come in about a years time as the OS matures.Its still on lockdown by BB.In good time devs will be able to do more and gain more access to inner workings of the OS.

3 days eh.See why cant people go into the Z like this guy and actually use the paradigmn.Instead of idiots complaining how come its not like my iphone,my iphone did this.I dont know maybe cause its not an iphone.

Anyway 3 days in nice enjoy your Z welcome to team BB.
    Yes I realized there were options for this after someone on here told me. It's all good now, though the flicking looks more impressive. :P
    I'm pretty sure themes will come too. It's a new OS, just needs time to build even more than it has. People need to understand this. I got quite some friends even, not willing to give BB10 a chance. It certainly deserves one, having been completely revamped. They all have this image of the older BB phones and don't give the new BB a chance. I just needed something new, which is why I came here, and came to stay.
    Surely enjoying every bit!
    Oscar_E likes this.
    03-21-13 04:29 AM
    Another android convert. After getting a Z10, crackberry site is always open in my browser!
    I'm always browsing through the forums when I'm on a break from things. Even the CB10 app is neat.
    03-21-13 04:31 AM
    Yay! Another Z10 convert. One Z10 at a time :-)
    03-21-13 04:33 AM
    Welcome to the dark side... Glad you're enjoying your Z10. Keep the positive comments flowing.
    03-21-13 04:40 AM
    To the OP, I appreciate this detailed review as I will be going from the galaxy nexus to the Z10 as soon as I get back to 'Merica. :-)
    03-21-13 06:34 AM
    To the OP, I appreciate this detailed review as I will be going from the galaxy nexus to the Z10 as soon as I get back to 'Merica. :-)
    I think you'll like it. Do let us know how you find the Z10!
    03-21-13 07:54 AM
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing, nice to hear from users on other platforms about what's different and what they like and miss.

Though I guess you're no longer on another platform... Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:57 AM
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing, nice to hear from users on other platforms about what's different and what they like and miss.

Though I guess you're no longer on another platform... Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm using my Z10 only. Gave the Nexus to family.

Cool name! xD
    03-21-13 08:03 AM
    The one thing I tell people on an almost daily basis whenever this topic comes up about how BB10 doesn't have everything they want right now is that they need to be given the chance to add the features people want. New OS, new vision, new direction = working out the kinks and adding the features people really want as things progress. If no one buys the phone because it doesn't deliver a perfect performance, BB will not have the opportunity to work out the problems and move forward.

My single-most hated phrase I hear so often is "I really like BlackBerry and want to see the company succeed, but I won't get their phone until it meets X condition." News flash: it won't be able to meet that condition if the company doesn't survive long enough for that to happen, and if you want to see it survive, you have to buy into it. The developers of the big-name apps won't jump on board until there is a large enough user base to warrant the cost of developing a native BB10 app (yes, some have taken the leap already, but many have not), so if you're waiting for the one specific app that's not here yet, it likely won't arrive unless people like you jump in and become a part of the growing user base.

Anyone that truly wants to see BB survive and thrive as a real alternative to Apple and Samsung should really look at getting a BB10 device and allow your smartphone experience to move beyond the norm and grow with the company.

Disclaimer: This post is not a direct reply to the OP, but rather a generic reply.

JB
    03-21-13 08:04 AM
40 12