So I just got a new Z10 and I'm pretty much loving it. The battery does quickly, but I think that's because I'm on it quite a bit. The main issue which I'm having is the high data usage coming up from some apps. I got a 500MB plan thinking it would be more than enough. I've been following my usage scrupulously and finding that web pages and apps (mainly Facebook) use a lot more data than I would expect. It seems that just opening facebook and posting a status (without uploading a photo with it) uses up 1-2mb, and browsing a few 5-7 mobile web pages was 2.5-3mb.

It seems that android data monitoring apps don't work, and all of the blackberry data monitoring apps are paid (I've lost all hope in the blackberry app world). At least I've found some solace in using the rough mobile data usage curves found in the device monitor.

Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, tricks, or ideas of what I can do to not use up a ton of data over the month? I have a number of email accounts and facebook connected at all times. I also like to browse some basic web pages while outside, a couple of times a week, and possibly look at maps on the go.
    Last edited by pavichokche; 05-21-14 at 08:21 PM. Reason: found answer, changed question
    05-21-14 07:59 PM
    Last edited by pavichokche; Today at 10:21 PM. Reason: found answer, changed question <<< Then hit the ! icon and ask for the thread to be renamed! Helps us all!

BlackBerry 10 devices no longer have BIS compressing data and making a month's worth of 2GB feel like 300mb. If you have your browser set to Desktop mode, I suggest you set that to off.

Also changing sync times for your accounts to longer periods could be a solution. When everything fail, stay on WiFi as much as you can and consider turning Data off during those times you know you won't use the phone.
    05-21-14 08:34 PM