I side loaded an android app called ndtv app it's a very popular app which gives out news notifications on Android and is but when I side loaded that app on my z10 it worked fine but does not send me any push notifications. So does the died loaded apps cannot send notifications, I remember when I side loaded what's app long back then I had to run the app I the background to get the notifications

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 03:03 PM
    I side loaded an android app called ndtv app it's a very popular app which gives out news notifications on Android and is but when I side loaded that app on my z10 it worked fine but does not send me any push notifications. So does the died loaded apps cannot send notifications, I remember when I side loaded what's app long back then I had to run the app I the background to get the notifications

Posted via CB10
    There seems to be no support for headless android apps yet I guess.
    09-07-13 03:13 PM
    There seems to be no support for headless android apps yet I guess.
    Not entirely true. I have an android converted and sideloaded sports app that notifies me at the start of every Yankees game...without it running in the minimised window...yes I'm a Yankees fan.

Trusted Member
    09-08-13 04:42 AM
    I believe android apps can run headless and headless support for native apps is coming with the official 10.2 release.

But... Some android apps send notifications to the hub but others send it in the app. I think that's why hub notifications is coming
    09-08-13 10:55 AM
    Android apps (sort of) don't run headless. They are still running in an Android Player. It's just that the player is made to run in the background, so when you close the active frame, the player just moves to the background. In essence, it acts like a headless app. I believe if you hold on the X on the active frame (not just click) it will fully close the app.

As far as push notifications, it depends on the application. If it is relying on Google push, it might not be able to receive notifications, since the Google Framework is not included in the player.
    09-08-13 11:39 AM
    So what difference 10.2 will make

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 11:56 PM