Posted via BlackBerry Z10 - The Reboot Maniac
    09-04-14 08:20 PM
    Ugh...so I loaded 10.3 and it already had amazon appstore but then I restored My backup and now amazon just crashes And being a default app...It won't get deleted..how do I fix it?

inzan123 likes this.
    09-04-14 08:23 PM
    Ugh...so I loaded 10.3 and it already had amazon appstore but then I restored My backup and now amazon just crashes And being a default app...It won't get deleted..how do I fix it?

You may have a problem. Let's see if anyone has better suggestions than mine.

When I installed 10.3, and did a restore, NONE of my Android apps would run. I just got a very thin green line. UNinstalling and REinstalling did not fix it. Apparently, there's something about "restoring" the possibly OLDER android runtime. But I tried a second time and still no luck. On my 3rd install, I did not restore and things went okay. I am still slowly reinstalling apps, both native and android. But it did have the beneficial effect of cleaning out apps that I rarely used.

Let's see if anyone has better suggestions.
    09-04-14 09:06 PM
    Other android apps just run totally fine. Only appstore is causing probs

09-04-14 10:22 PM
    Probably just need to update the app store

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-04-14 10:56 PM
    Probably just need to update the app store

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Unless and until a new version comes, this installation won't be overridden. I used have this error when my android apps wouldn't get properly installed. I would simply uninstall or use a higher version. But as this is a default app there is no way to uninstall it.

09-04-14 11:04 PM
    Search Amazon app store in the browser on the phone. It'll find a link to the mobile Amazon site with a link to download the App Store app. Run it to install and the installer will show you an "update" button.

Let it update, and it should work.

That's what I had to do, and it worked for me.

I think it tries to restore the old installation in the backup over the one installed with the OS, and that causes problems.

Posted via CB10
    suhel28 likes this.
    09-04-14 11:08 PM
    Unless and until a new version comes, this installation won't be overridden. I used have this error when my android apps wouldn't get properly installed. I would simply uninstall or use a higher version. But as this is a default app there is no way to uninstall it.

Try downloading it off the browser on the phone and see if that works, if it doesn't, try downloading a task manager, maybe there's a process preventing it from running.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 11:08 PM
    Search Amazon app store in the browser on the phone. It'll find a link to the mobile Amazon site with a link to download the App Store app. Run it to install and the installer will show you an "update" button.

Let it update, and it should work.

That's what I had to do, and it worked for me.

I think it tries to restore the old installation in the backup over the one installed with the OS, and that causes problems.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot you have saved my day. I wasn't aware that an update might have come for this I was under the illusion that as the leak is latest the app would also had been latest.

Anyways, thanks a lot.

09-04-14 11:42 PM
    Glad it's working now.

I honestly don't know if the app in the OS is older or not. I think something breaks the app when it gets restored on top of the existing one in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 02:01 PM
    Glad it's working now.

I honestly don't know if the app in the OS is older or not. I think something breaks the app when it gets restored on top of the existing one in the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm. In the older BBOS devices we could look at the details of apps, including version number, size. Is there anything like that in BB10? I know I could fire up Chrome with AppManager and see version info....

Chrome

com.amazon.venezia 1.6.4100.410 6 MB
    09-05-14 04:14 PM
    You can check the version number through the App Manager. But it reads the version number differently than what the "About" in the app itself reports.

But, as I said, I'm not sure what the problem is the first place.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 05:09 PM
    Amazon store just update store version yesterday. I guess your backup is not compatible. Try re-autoload. Do not restore, just open Amazon store, im sure it's good. Update it to a newest version.
    Your backup is BlackBerry link? Try to restore by chose custom backup. Sellect your backup and unstick Amazon data... you will be ok!
    Good luck and sorry about my English. It's bad! But i hope you understand me!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:15 PM
    Amazon store just update yesterday and your backup is not compatible. Try re-autoload 10.3 again, open it and up to newest Amazon store, try restore.
    Tip: dont use full restore, chose custom, uncheck data of Amazon store.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 06:30 PM