Hey everyone first post here but long time Crackberry lurker lol. Anyway, I have had z10 fever ever since the January launch event. I tried to buy from Verizon over the phone on launch day because I had a hectic week and no time to drive an hour to get to a store. To make a long story finished, they ended up not being able to sell me the phone because they couldn't bill it to my account (apparently because it's in iconic status) which was how I had bought all my previous phones. Fast forward a few days still reeling from the Verizon fiasco, I try again this time to do an upgrade, but they tell me it will cost me more than adding a line because there is an upgrade fee even though my account has been upgrade eligible for over a year. I remembered why I hated Verizon, as you always seem to pay fees and more fees until finally you pay fees without even wondering what there for. Anyway, I decided to give T-mobile a try. They don't have stellar coverage in my area, but the roaming partner coverage makes it do-able. I also heard about Verizon not having the latest os and experiencing some software glitches, so I decided to take the plunge tonight and buy a tmobile z10. I am wondering if I am stupid because with deciding to go with T-mobile I am going to be pretty much without data unless I'm on wifi because of their off network data caps? Just wondering what ya'll would've done; sucked up your pride and went with big Red or stick it to the man with your Tmobile data-challenged z10?
    04-01-13 11:03 PM
    I'm on T-mobile in NYC and the (urban) Northeast and love them. I guess it depends on where you will be primarily using your phone. I've never had major issues regarding coverage.
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:05 PM
    Ahaha I have tmobile, and coverage is horrible here is well, so don't feel bad. If anything, we're both stupid :P
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:07 PM
    My guess is that the salesman was feeding you a line. I used to work for a Verizon retailer and we would use that line "It's cheaper to add a line than to Upgrade" because we made more commission on new lines. And as far as coverage goes it all depends on where you live, every city is different.

Posted via CB10
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:17 PM
    I live in rural Maine. Verizon isn't great here either, but they do have 3g in the town where I work. As far as for voice coverage with Tmobile's roaming partner, they are actually a little better than Verizon. I don't fault T-mobile for there data coverage here just hope I don't lessen the z10 experience with a predominantly wifi smartphone lol
    04-01-13 11:21 PM
    Naw sticking it to the man is always the best option! I applaud you!
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:23 PM
    My guess is that the salesman was feeding you a line. I used to work for a Verizon retailer and we would use that line "It's cheaper to add a line than to Upgrade" because we made more commission on new lines. And as far as coverage goes it all depends on where you live, every city is different.

Posted via CB10
    Well, when I went online they do actually charge you $30 for an upgrade. They call it an upgrade fee, when I clicked on the little icon beside it it said something like the charge necessary to upgrade your phone. I am like so it costs them money to sell me a phone that they don't already get by charging for visual voicemail, and other normally standard features. Not to mention their gouge everyone plans. I am sorry perhaps some of that is a little over the top I digress.
    04-01-13 11:31 PM
    Don't pay for **** you don't need. I use Wind in Canada, a discount provider, and the Z10 thrives on it. Unlimited everything for $30 a month. Caller ID, Voicemail for 28 months, etc.

Cell service doesn't need to be expensive. You are being taken advantage of :-)
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:51 PM
    I figured that because I didn't live in a big city I wouldn't get good 4G coverage with AT&T. I was wrong! I could browse the net and watch videos out at the ranch with no problem. AT&T ?

Posted via CB10
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:51 PM
    At&t doesn't have data out here either. They actually roam off the same partner as T-mobile. The funny thing is the roaming partners are Verizon and US Cellular (true story). Verizon came in years ago and bought the only gsm provider at the time and US Cellular set up a gsm network to get roaming fees from At&t and T-mobile. At&t however does allow 25mb data roaming on their plans per month to Tmobile's 10 with the plan I selected. I had them for awhile before I moved here. Nothing really bad to say about them. There coverage was solid just they booted me when I moved here for not having native coverage. But I got an iphone 4 with no ETF from the deal. Now if that was Verizon I fear they might still be looking for my place of residence insisting that the microcell they just installed on my neighbors telephone pole proves I have service therefore I must pay the 300 ETF lol.
    04-02-13 12:04 AM
    Simply yes

Posted via CB10
    SassyD and joel9799 like this.
    04-02-13 12:06 AM
    Lol, looks like your in a pickle.

Posted via CB10
    joel9799 likes this.
    04-02-13 12:13 AM
    Yes a real Dill-emma. Sorry I just had to. I really should sleep at some point haha.
    04-02-13 12:17 AM
    Every major us carrier has an upgrade fee, that is normal.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:56 PM