Up until now I am a proud Torch 9800 user. Now is the time to migrate and I am thinking to either Z30 or Z10 but tends toward the latter.

Do I really need Z30? Does Z10 will eventually manage to muster the Z30?

My primary usage will be checking and updating Fantasy Premier League (FPL) on weekly basis, regular facebook (but has been advised to make it on hourly update to converse the battery), heavy whatsapp forum, moderate BBM, moderate webpage but sometimes heavy on checking real time network status(work related), heavy on real time exchange email and last but not least heavy on instagram(...sigh).

I read through this forum up until today on battery life, durability and disappointment on latest OS 10.2.1 update.And I am worries as I already placed my order and the unit should arrive somewhere early next week!?

There are concerns that I am willing to risk especially on camera quality and battery life. But I can't tolerate on the lagging OS, seriously.

Am I making the mistake not to opt for Z30? Why I am not fond of it just because I don't fancy 5" ...just too big for my liking....

Thanks in advance.....

--worried user.
    02-02-14 10:46 PM
    I have no lag on my Z10. Enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 10:49 PM
    The Z30 is big, but it's amazing! Battery alone makes the difference there, I've never really typed too much on a Z10 but the keyboard on the 30 is great as well. Is it a big difference in price?

Flicked on my Z30 or crushed on my Q5!
    02-02-14 10:53 PM
    Yes, here in Malaysia the gap between Z10 and Z30 is big.

I am aware of the Z30 advantages but not much of an upgrade from Z10 in terms of processor, RAM and camera. Thats another points put me off to spend extra.

It worry me though as a lot of forumers here whining on the OS update that lag the phone.

Of course I can't have worry as I can't compare. Yet to use. Once I receive the unit first of all I will update it on the spot thus eliminate me from comparing to previous as I don't experience 'previous' ;p

I also browse through few of photos taken with Z10 in this forum and honestly it is not that bad after all. I don't expect it to be lumia quality but nonetheless it is not quite bad. And definitely not much different taken from Z30 either since the camera is just the same.
    02-02-14 10:59 PM
    The new os doesn't lag like it used to, just get yourself a big aftermarket battery and you're laughing

Flicked on my Z30 or crushed on my Q5!
    02-02-14 11:05 PM
    I own a Z10 and do not experience lag at all. That being said, after using my brothers z30, I'd recommend it over the Z10 for the battery and speakers alone. I also came from a 9800. You're in for a real treat no matter what you chose. It pains me to think of the browser on the 9800.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:42 PM
    It pains me to think of the browser on the 9800.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK, thanks a lot. Don't get me wrong, still I loves my 9800. Yeah...I agree on the browser hence wh I install Opera on it. Works wonder.

Guess it is down to luck and hopefully my luck will be no lag & longer battery live. Finger cross ....
    02-03-14 12:03 AM
    Hi There,

I also had a few lags in settings and HUB. The phone needs a few days to index, then it will speed up. The fastest way to to index the phone is to set it to Flight mode and Remove battery for 30 mins, followed by occasional battery pulls.

I now have amazing battery life, using best Mugen 1900Mah battery and can go 10/14 hours 5 emails, most social apps, Internet and heavy Calender
    02-03-14 01:42 AM
    Forgot screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Am I making mistake in Z10 ...is it lag significantly...?-img_20140203_073333.png  
    02-03-14 01:43 AM
    I use my z10 to manage 3 Facebook pages using pages manager app from android, and also use the native Facebook app to manage the company Facebook id. Twitter via neatly and Instagram side loaded.

No lags and everything works fine.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 01:51 AM
    I've not seen any lag...and I spend a lot of the day posting on help pages whilst I have music playing...tracks that are on the sd card.

And while this is happening a BBM or text will come in, pop up at the top of the screen and I will reply to that without leaving the post I am doing and without the music stopping.....no lag at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:01 AM
    If the price gap is big, go for the Z10 bro. No lags, as it's not a remarkable upgrade from the S4 plus to S4 pro processor on the Z30 anyway, dont listen to Z30 fanbois.
    Well I guess not everybody's happy with the Z30, me for example, simply waste extra money for very little things.
    Last edited by Tim Aries; 02-03-14 at 03:45 AM.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    02-03-14 02:58 AM
    Up until now I am a proud Torch 9800 user. Now is the time to migrate and I am thinking to either Z30 or Z10 but tends toward the latter.

Do I really need Z30? Does Z10 will eventually manage to muster the Z30?

My primary usage will be checking and updating Fantasy Premier League (FPL) on weekly basis, regular facebook (but has been advised to make it on hourly update to converse the battery), heavy whatsapp forum, moderate BBM, moderate webpage but sometimes heavy on checking real time network status(work related), heavy on real time exchange email and last but not least heavy on instagram(...sigh).

I read through this forum up until today on battery life, durability and disappointment on latest OS 10.2.1 update.And I am worries as I already placed my order and the unit should arrive somewhere early next week!?

There are concerns that I am willing to risk especially on camera quality and battery life. But I can't tolerate on the lagging OS, seriously.

Am I making the mistake not to opt for Z30? Why I am not fond of it just because I don't fancy 5" ...just too big for my liking....

Thanks in advance.....

--worried user.
    i wouldn't listen to half the babies on here....

the z10 is an awesome phone... bb10 is an awesome os...

for some because it doesn't wake them up or make them coffee, its a big disappointment. blackberry is back but some companies/poeple have invested interest in seeing them fail... so they will say anything and everything to discourage people from buying...i seriously don't know what people are taking about, never had any lag...i do notice that android apps take a few extra seconds to load.. and i am talking seconds.. the battery is no worse than an apple infact my iphone was normally dead by dinner.. i make it all day with my z... i don't expect it to last a week... which i think some do.. just get the z you will be happy.. if you want the bigger screen go for the 30... either way you made a good choice.
    anon(8439721) and xBURK like this.
    02-03-14 03:16 AM
    Love my Z10. Enjoy
    02-03-14 03:18 AM
    I experience no lag at all and perfectly happy with 10.2.1. Battery last me about 9-13 hours depending on how heavy I'm using it. If you're on a budget get the z10

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:30 AM
    IMHO the Z10 is not "fast". I would rather say it is "sufficient fast".
    As a BB partner I have had the STL 100-1 since "day 0" and STL 100-2 since may 2013. In some cases the device lags a bit. If I scroll very fast is not as smooth as on e.g. iPhone 5/5s

The STL 100-1 is a differenct architecture and initially it ran faster than 100-2. STL 100-1 is TI based (same as PlayBook), so it is possible BB had much more time and experience doing optimizations on the TI platform platform.

Z30 is definitively faster, but also much bigger, better battery life, better sound and paratek antenna technology, which should optimize the antenna for maximum signal with minimum battery usage.

Maybe you can try them both in a shop before deciding?
    02-03-14 04:35 AM
    I would like to thank you very much to all....I have a feeling I make the right decision. Even my trusted 9800 in good shape after hustle and tussle and dropping and drinking after so long period. I make an excuse to upgrade based on its battery drains so fast ;p

I did some research both on web (so called expert) and lots of forum and I can conclude that:-

1. After OS upgrade there is so much more fun to experience
    2. It should be "sufficient fast" as per jpvj. If it lags there must be something wrong somewhere -don't cry but fix it!
    3. Lots of tips on battery saving -optimization, apps management & usage behavioural. Alternatively can try higher capacity one.
    4. Camera wise can't say much but based on few posters here it should be OK.
    5. I like to "standby" office docs 24x7 and be available to pull it out anytime -doc2go still the beast from my experience with 9800.
    6. Of course Z30 is superior, hands down but I'll manage it with Z10 eventually. Since I already got a tablet, not require 5".
    7. Can't wait to experience what everybody been talking about -magical touchscreen keyboard.
    02-03-14 05:22 AM
    I own a Z10 and do not experience lag at all. That being said, after using my brothers z30, I'd recommend it over the Z10 for the battery and speakers alone. I also came from a 9800. You're in for a real treat no matter what you chose. It pains me to think of the browser on the 9800.

Posted via CB10
    I came from a 9800 as well and ever so briefly used a 9900 which was better but both of those phones have nothing on the BB10 experience.

I've had a Z10 since February last year and it's like a new phone now with the recent OS update. That said the Z30 would be a solid choice as will if you don't mind the size of the phone. Z10 for me has been the perfect size and weight.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:23 AM
    Z10 for me has been the perfect size and weight.

Posted via CB10
    yup...thats that. You play a lot with the camera? any verdict on that based on experience....?
    02-03-14 07:50 AM
    My z10 dose not lag before I had a Nokia , also used a iPhone , do not think it's any more laggy
    02-03-14 04:07 PM
    Just recieved the unit yesterday and without insert SIM with Wi-Fi ON straightaway update to 10.2.1.537! Yaayy....

Took me nearly 4 hours+ to complete the update process. Boy, its ROCK big time!! Really satisfied.

Done log in fb, whatsapp, linkedin, gmail, exchange email but the most that I find it unexpected is how easy to install instagram!
    Simply download .apk through Box and straightaway install it without any fuss. Works like charm!

I really scared on the camera quality...oh how absurd! The quality is there on par but exceed my expectation nonetheless.

BBM really amazes me; transferring to a new zed10 from beloved torch is straightfoward. Wondering if the BBM ID also changed but all the contacts is there to chat straightaway.

The last thing on my mind right now how far can my battery lasts for today.....

Really really happy personz ;p
    FF22 and CyberMan2013 like this.
    02-12-14 09:23 PM
    There is no lag. Every once in a while you might see a stutter, but literally, 99 percent of the time it runs like butter.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 11:10 PM
    I think the only disappointment you'll have going from a 9800 to a Z10 is battery life. If you want good battery life, get a Z30 or Q10. But you should not have lag on any of the BB10 devices, ESPECIALLY when comparing it to a 9800.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-12-14 11:44 PM
    One silly question: without off and on again how to exit to the desktop?
    02-13-14 01:32 AM
    Forgot screen shot
    Yeah.. amazing to have 100% battery for 1 minute.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:45 AM
28 12