I forgot to turn "Allow gestures when locked" off before jogging. So while I was jogging, the music suddenly stopped playing so I unlocked my Z10 and saw the dreadful message "Media card formatted". Yes I am very pissed, I lost a ****load of memorable experiences in a matter of seconds.... Just warning you guys, always turn it off when you're gonna get involved in sports.

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    05-13-13 03:04 PM
    Your jogging pants did all those gestures to the point that it formatted your media card? Wow.

Sorry to hear though. I would be pissed.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 03:12 PM
    Dayum you were that unlucky? Seems almost not possible. Sure it might not have been a system hickup of some sort, a real nasty bug? As you said you had to unlock your phone. It seems it should had already been that. Too bad though. Maybe you should had bought a lottery ticket, too.
    05-13-13 03:17 PM
    Sorry to hear this. Turning it off will also save a little on your battery usage.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-13-13 03:25 PM
    One of my poor friends had his z10 set up a password on its own while he walked!
    Had to wipe and restore

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 03:50 PM
    Wouldn't a cover help?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 03:54 PM
    Happened to me once, but fortunately not formatting the sd card like the OP. The phone invited a bunch of my bbm contact into multi person chat..
    I am now using a password to unlock the phone, never happen again.
    05-13-13 03:57 PM
    One of my poor friends had his z10 set up a password on its own while he walked!
    Had to wipe and restore

Posted via CB10
    LMAO

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:13 PM
    Had to wipe and restore

Posted via CB10
    Not buying it, you're telling me he entered the exact same password two times?
    ProjectBrett and tonytraj17 like this.
    05-13-13 04:28 PM
    This is just incompetence at its finest... so you didn't have a password lock??

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:32 PM
    I forgot to turn "Allow gestures when locked" off before jogging. So while I was jogging, the music suddenly stopped playing so I unlocked my Z10 and saw the dreadful message "Media card formatted". Yes I am very pissed, I lost a ****load of memorable experiences in a matter of seconds.... Just warning you guys, always turn it off when you're gonna get involved in sports.

If you haven't written over your media card, your stuff are not lost! Get a "Undelete" tool... cause the format mearly just mark the files as erased... they are still on your card!

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    05-13-13 04:36 PM
    I didn't have a password lock, and it's not a system hiccup, It's cus of the movement of the pants which controls the phone, if that makes any sense lol. Anyways I'm not blaming my Z10, it's kind of my fault I'm just telling you guys to turn that option off when you're gonna get involved in sports cus who knows what might happen, your not using your phone, your pants are, it might reset to factory settings. So be careful guys!

05-14-13 12:37 AM
    Not buying it, you're telling me he entered the exact same password two times?
    It may be difficult to grasp but it happened. He pulled his Z out of pocket and suddenly it had a password lock, tried random stuff 10 times until it simply wiped.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:19 AM
    I once uploaded a random picture to twitter, wonder how that had happened

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:58 AM
    so how does the gesture actually work? it has sensors that monitor the phone movement?
    05-23-13 03:16 AM
    I had mine receive a call...thing is, it was from another pocket dialer...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:19 AM
    so how does the gesture actually work? it has sensors that monitor the phone movement?
    No.
    "Allow gestures when locked" just turns on the sensing of sweeps. In other words if it is on, you sweep up to unlock the phone, if it is off you use the power button to unlock. Shutting it off saves power because the phone isn't scanning the screen for gestures.

As an aside, I find when I use my flip case it really saves on battery as it shuts off the gesture sensing when it is closed.
    05-23-13 05:27 AM