Can I buy the Tapatalk app from play store then have someone convert it for me?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:32 PM
    The Devs can port and charge us for and then the app may not run fully featured. BBRY just out developed them with an open source OS. What's so bad about it. **** we can't even get a trial of the app. It's on ANDROID and BB10 has android runtime and if they don't like it just develope for BB10 and be happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:55 PM
    Can I buy the Tapatalk app from play store then have someone convert it for me?

Posted via CB10
    I've bought it on two devices and I would buy again if I had to. I just want the option to not have to sideload

Posted via CB10
    terdferguson3 likes this.
    03-29-13 04:09 PM
    I side loaded Tapatalk 2.4.13 on to my Verizon Z10. I can access forums and read them, but it is not usable because there is no way to navigate back to an earlier screen or to escape from a screen. It seems like navigation buttons are missing.
    04-01-13 07:40 AM
    Tapatalk 2 is now available in BlackBerry World!

Posted via CB10
    The_Original_Modifier and zc1 like this.
    04-01-13 08:19 AM
    I side loaded Tapatalk 2.4.13 on to my Verizon Z10. I can access forums and read them, but it is not usable because there is no way to navigate back to an earlier screen or to escape from a screen. It seems like navigation buttons are missing.
    Sir, you need to learn a bit more about Android Player on BB10.
    If you swipe diagonally from bottom mid section or start from end of BlackBerry mark on the phone, it will act as back key on Android.
    Or you can swipe down from top and bring up bb's back button and pin the menu there.
    Buttons are there, just default to swipe, unless you pull them our by swiping down.
    Give it a shot..

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just bought it!! Thank you for the heads up!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just installed, but doesn't seem to be anywhere near as slick as the BB OS7 version
    04-01-13 09:11 AM
    So much for the dev saying they wouldn't be working on an app for BB10.

I'll probably just stick to my Android sideloaded version, rather than pay for it a 3rd time!
    04-01-13 09:25 AM

I'll probably just stick to my Android sideloaded version, rather than pay for it a 3rd time!
    I'm sure it isn't a native BB10 app, it's nowhere near as slick as the BB OS7 version was
    04-01-13 09:33 AM
    I just bought it too. Seems to work pretty well as far as reading content. A bit cumbersome to navigate with is my initial impression, but that may just be me
    Definitely worth having

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:41 AM
    Swipe down from the top of your screen and use the back arrow at the bottom left. This usually works on most android ports as well.
    04-01-13 09:59 AM
    Nothing happens when I swipe down from the top... Any ideas?
    04-01-13 10:16 AM

You're not missing much. This version is an Android port.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:19 AM
    Happy. It is a straight Android port. If you've used it and liked it on your Android devices then you'll like it here, too.
    Last edited by zc1; 04-01-13 at 11:01 AM.
    04-01-13 10:43 AM
    A lot of the apps I originally sideloaded have since been ported to BlackBerry World by the developers, but many haven't yet... and some never will.
    Tapatalk is one of those that won't, as the developer has already confirmed this.
    This is a screenshot I made a month ago, and some of these apps have now been ported to BB World. Those that have been ported still work exactly the same as they did when I sideloaded them. Same version, same everything...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/30/a2edugap.jpg
    Could you please share "messenger with you" Bar file?
    04-01-13 10:47 AM
    Swiping down from the top bezel should bring up a menu on the bottom of the screen (the options will be back, info, pin bar, sideways ellipses (settings)).

-Back -- Self-explanatory; the 'slow' way to move back one screen
    -Info -- This will show you an animation of the 'back' gesture, which is a faster way to move back one screen
    -Pin Bar -- Makes the menu bar stay instead of disappearing after a couple of seconds
    -Sideways Ellipses -- pulls up app settings

This is the same for all Android apps that you run on the Z10.
    Last edited by zc1; 04-01-13 at 11:01 AM.
    04-01-13 10:50 AM
    Happy. It is a straight Android port. If you've used it and liked it on your Android devices then you'll like it here, too.
    So far so good for me. Happy the keyboard is working well with this port. I'm curious to see how well the notifications work...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-01-13 11:06 AM
    People should know how to use android port apps, there is a back button guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:07 AM
    I have this same problem. Swiping down does nothing. Sliding from left to right works as a back button, but it takes 4 swipes to get it to respond.
    04-01-13 11:16 AM
    Swipe down from top of the screen to see the back button guys.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:20 AM
    He should have objected to his BB10 development team incorporating Android Runtime then

Totally understand and agree with the paid app view, but not for free apps. These developers were all offered cash for porting their apps over. Many couldn't be bothered, so others have done it for them... for free.

When we get the Jelly Bean Android Runtime update in BB10.1, sideloading is gonna take off big time!
    There's a reason why it's called Development mode.
    04-01-13 11:26 AM
    So far so good for me. Happy the keyboard is working well with this port. I'm curious to see how well the notifications work...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Notifications are working nicely with the Hub, here.
    04-01-13 11:32 AM
    Still nothing when I swipe from the top down... Anyone else having this problem?
    04-01-13 12:23 PM
    Tapatalk 2 is available in BlackBerry World now.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 12:45 PM
74 123