I have kids. Kids move around. The stupid focus software takes way too long, so I miss moments. Even when I do get them, they are often blurry - frequently when people are still.... Point blank: if the kids aren't standing perfectly still, the picture is ruined.

I have tried all permutations of the settings and modes in each lightning condition, but there aren't any settings that resolve the issue. Burst Mode has the fastest shutter speed, but ignores focus unless focus is locked and it also does not.use the flash. Normal mode with flash has good lighting, but takes forever to focus and still blurs if there is the slightest movement. Stablization mode strangely is the worst offender for blurred pictures.

It happened with 10.1, 10.2, and 10.2.1.195 leak.

Sadly my Bold 9900 was actually better for taking pictures of the kids and a camera upgrade was a big reason why I upgraded the phone. My wife has an HTC One Mini and the camera software is awesome. As such, her pictures are turning out great. This is making me feel like I made the wrong choice when I returned the HTC One and got the Z10...

So... can I load different camera software, such as what is used on Android?

Ps. It does take decent still life pictures though.
    01-20-14 01:18 AM
    No matter what you load, it's still the same camera. Best thing I can suggest using Time Shift. I have dogs and kids and never had the issues you're having though.
    CDM76 and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-14 02:23 AM
    The hardware is clearly being held back by subpar software. The camera hardware in Bold is unequivocally worse than the Z10s in all respects, yet it takes better pictures of moving objects than the Z10. Why? Software.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    Bor Navas likes this.
    01-20-14 02:34 AM
    the 9900 never has to auto focus which is why it appears to take better pictures....if they can eliminate the slow auto focus then it will be much better. until then learn to use the time shift feature.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 05:29 AM
    Yea, I hope they upgrade camera software, that focus takes ages, it's a bit annoying, specially with android phones close, they're damn fast!
    Every time I showed them Time Shift my friends are amazed, but this focus...

Posted with my awesome Z30 channel C000F331C
    01-20-14 05:35 AM
    I've also notices the dodgy auto focus. Bit did you know you can press on the screen and highlight the part of the picture where you want auto focus to concentrate. I've not tested it properly but I will be soon

Time shift is pretty good, but then your reliant on the face being in focus, what's the point in replacing one fuzzy smile with Another lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 06:31 AM
    A different approach would be to try Prophet's Camera http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/34819888?

I'm the dev of this one and our goal is to capture a moment by generating an animated GIF. The result is very different from what you get from the standard picture and having that added to your picture gallery is very nice. Recently I went traveling on vacation and between one picture and another I made some GIFs. It's very interesting to see how much more "information" about the moment an animated GIF can capture. When I show my gallery to people they are always "wow this is very cool" "how did you do it" "the wind was blowing" etc etc

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 07:09 AM
    Film, then use software on your PC/Mac to cut out the pictures you want...
    01-20-14 07:32 AM