hello,

great forum ,great site,i have been using it for about 3 years now and have finally joined because i have a problem that the search function did not reveal an answer to.....

so as the title says basically,

all my contacts swopped over easy peasy with the desktop manager for mac,pics vids facebook emails ,perfect swop over. But the one main issue is that known contacts come in as unidentified caller, even my house phone which you can't put call blocking on ,just incase the other callers had hidden their numbers,

Now i know that some carriers have this as an option, but in RSA(South Africa) we do not,its standard, atleast it is on MTN and Cell-c and telkom, im on vodacom and as far as the guys at the shop know its also a standard feature unless you the user enable it on your phone to be hidden,

so does any one now what the issue is and how i can fix it,

and i have no issue with phone itself except for anti scratch screen but nothing a sticker cant solve

model is stl100-1 OS version is 10.0.10.738, Software release is 10.0.10.99
    05-08-13 03:05 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Maybe the 'format' of the phone numbers are not right, hence the issue. Test with one Contact
    05-08-13 03:09 PM
    What Navi said.

Tap Phone, pull down to show Settings, Smart Dialing and adjust default numbers for your area.

Worked for me and helped in dialing out as I didn't have to begin with a 1.
    05-08-13 03:19 PM
    what format do you mean,

even non known contacts come up as unidentiifed caller, so i cant just tell someone give me a call and il save the number
    Last edited by spawn616; 05-08-13 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-08-13 03:22 PM
    @tgvgk i did that, no change,
    as for format i moved numbers from work to mobile,ah no change,if that was what i was ment to do
    05-08-13 03:27 PM
    My numbers (I'm in the U.S) are like this in my Contacts: (678) 123-4567, and work fine, if I put it like this: 6781234567 they don't always seem to show up correctly. Hence the idea about 'format'...

Also did you check the 'smart dialing' settings?
    05-08-13 03:39 PM
    In Smart Dialing, did you put in your Country Code, Area Code if you have one and the National Number Length (10 in the US)? If that didn't work, sorry, I can't help...
    05-08-13 03:42 PM
    yes i checked smart dailing,changed the local number count as it was wrong, but still no change so if the number is 082 123 1234 im must change it to (082) 123 1234?
    05-08-13 03:43 PM
    @tg the country and area code is the same

changed the format,still no change
    05-08-13 03:47 PM
    To whom it may concern.

I am about to throw my Z10 against a wall.

For the past 2 weeks I have not been able to see who is calling me. All that appears is "Incoming Call... Unidentified Number".

I have seen various people telling other people to check their #smartdialling... which I have done, but even after saving the number in several ways, it still makes no difference.

For example.

I have saved the number like this:
    (041) 458 5555
    041 458 5555

All three have not done a single thing, and that is how we save our numbers in RSA. However, nothing has changed. Please can someone help me understand what this is happening? I've been running jellybean for about 2 months now, and this is the first time it's happened (well, for the last 2 weeks now).

Is it my carrier? Is it my faulty phone? Is it a BlackBerry issue? Please help me keep my sanity intact...
    10-02-13 12:54 PM
    i realize this is an old thread but i just wanted to post up my solution... i had the same issue where randomly i would get calls and not know who it was from, it would either show unidentified or sometimes it would just show the number... after the call is answered, it will show in the call log who it was... i'm not sure when this started for me but it was quite annoying... i searched through the cb forum and wasn't successful at finding a solution... i then found something on a tmobile support post about resetting caller id settings... since i have a tmobile branded phone with tmobile service, i figured what the hell... i did it and it worked... i'm now seeing the contact name when a call arrives... i'm not sure if this will help others with a different carrier but maybe it will point you guys in the right direction.

the instructions for resetting the caller id settings on tmobile was to dial *31#yourphonenumber and then send... so if your phone number was (123)456-7890 you would dial *31#1234567890 and then send/call.

if i recall, it actually rang a few times and then something answered and then nothing... i thought it wasn't going to work but then i slowly noticed that my caller id was working properly.

good luck everyone
    03-03-16 12:11 PM
    @tg the country and area code is the same

changed the format,still no change
    How can your country code and area code be the same?

I'm in Canada and my country code is 1 while my area code is 226.

BlackBerry... Now and Forever.
    03-03-16 01:40 PM