This morning I went to check the weather on my phone and got an SSL OCSP Response error. First I assumed the site's certificate was having problems, but then I noticed the same error popped up for google and every other https website.

The error is:
    "Invalid OCSP Response The certificate for this website could not be validated because there was a problem with the OCSP reponse."

Sometimes I can choose to ignore the issue and continue to the site, but for most websites I don't even get the option. Seems perhaps SSL roots on my phone may be messed up or something.

Does anyone have any ideas or hit this before?

Cheers,
    Cassius
    03-15-19 10:01 AM
    I sure haven't seen that.
    03-15-19 11:05 AM
    Have not seen that either. What OS are you using OP?
    03-15-19 11:07 AM
    @brookie229. It's 10.3.3.2137 and the model is STL100-3
    03-15-19 12:46 PM
    @brookie229. It's 10.3.3.2137 and the model is STL100-3
    Thought you may have had a very old OS version but it seems you are up to date so I've got no answers to your problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-19 12:22 AM
    Thanks anyways.

I'm thinking that I may have to do a fresh install on it. Problem is that for some reason the USB connection to the BB Link software doesn't work on my Mac (or any other machine I've tried). My Z10 is maxed out for storage so transferring everything via Bluetooth is going to take forever and a day.

If I do that and it fixes the issue, I'll post a follow-up in here for posterity.
    03-18-19 08:26 AM
    Can't a Z10 do WiFi transfer?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 01:57 AM
    Can't a Z10 do WiFi transfer?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, and I started doing that yesterday. Unfortunately while I was performing my backup, something happened and now my Z10 is stuck on the dreadful "Finalizing device setup" screen during bootup (waited over 24 hours for it too). So now not only can I not perform my backup, ironically the process of performing the backup killed the phone. Can't do a backup any more - can't even wipe it to factory default. Need to send it to a disaster recovery now so they can pull out the disk and recover my data. About $500.
    03-19-19 01:27 PM
    Yup, and I started doing that yesterday. Unfortunately while I was performing my backup, something happened and now my Z10 is stuck on the dreadful "Finalizing device setup" screen during bootup (waited over 24 hours for it too). So now not only can I not perform my backup, ironically the process of performing the backup killed the phone. Can't do a backup any more - can't even wipe it to factory default. Need to send it to a disaster recovery now so they can pull out the disk and recover my data. About $500.
    Hey Cassius,

Before you send it to disaster recovery, you might try letting the battery drain (so let it stay there on "finalizing device setup") and then firing it up again. If Link doesn't work, I'd advise mapping your Z10 as a shared drive and grabbing your files that way and using Ultimate Backup for your PIM/related data.

On your original issue....an OCSP error is highly irregular and not something that is happening to BB10 even with the outdated browser.
    03-19-19 02:34 PM
    Hey Cassius,

Before you send it to disaster recovery, you might try letting the battery drain (so let it stay there on "finalizing device setup") and then firing it up again. If Link doesn't work, I'd advise mapping your Z10 as a shared drive and grabbing your files that way and using Ultimate Backup for your PIM/related data.

On your original issue....an OCSP error is highly irregular and not something that is happening to BB10 even with the outdated browser.
    Thanks TrumpetTiger. I'll give that a whirl - especially if it can save me $500 in DR costs. I sure wish I had just mounted the device as a drive and backed-up that way - I'm much more comfortable in a Terminal window than a full desktop client anyways.

As for OCSP, I really don't know what was up with that. Only thing I can think of is that my root certificate data got corrupted somehow. Or maybe a bad memory sector was corrupting the in-memory certificate data at load time in the browser.

Cheers,
    Cassius
    03-19-19 03:00 PM
    Hi, was your time zone off maybe? I've recovered a Z10 with similar issue by connecting the USB to link while the battery was removed. If you do get it fixed I found this helpful for backups. Good luck.
    Check out BRON in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/42462901

Posted via CB10
    03-19-19 10:02 PM