I know all of my songs has an album art, the problem is it won't appear on my Z10. I'm using a STL100-1 10.1.0.273 Z10. What ever I do (used iTunes/WMP as source via BlackBerry Link, transferred songs directly from PC to memory card) and it always ends up incomplete, meaning some has album art, some don't. Very annoying. Do you guys have any solution for this?

Posted using Z10 via CB10
    06-11-13 11:46 PM
    -close your music app
    -open up file manager
    -navigate to where your music folder is located
    -drill down to any folder and find a file called folder.jpg
    -delete that file
    -go back to the music app, it should take a 5-10 to repopulate the album art depending on how much music you have.

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    Last edited by Young Z; 06-29-13 at 12:05 PM.
    croman likes this.
    06-12-13 12:17 AM
    -close your music app
    -open up file manager
    -delete that file
    -go back to the music app, it should take a minute or two to repopulate the album art

Check out my "What Were They Thinking?" channel: C000BB092
    Tried it but to no avail. It did loaded only some of the album arts.
    06-12-13 04:34 AM
    -close your music app
    -open up file manager
    -delete that file
    -go back to the music app, it should take a minute or two to repopulate the album art

Check out my "What Were They Thinking?" channel: C000BB092
    Tried it but no luck :/
    06-12-13 04:43 AM
    What youngz says does work,
    Sometimes synching really messes up the album art as it overwrites it.

You can put any small square jpg pic in the music folder and that will become the art.
    Just make sure the jpg pic is called Folder.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:18 AM
    This is frustrating for me too. I notice that if I sync one album at a time, I have less missing artwork. This was a problem in 10. 1. I never had this problem in 10.0.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:52 AM
    I agree. Happened a bit in 10.0 bit everything is messed up in 10.1. The deleting folder.jpg didn't work. Sometimes play one artist will show another artists album art. But most are the generic image that BlackBerry uses. The same ones you see in their commercial ( as an aside, why wouldn't they show the music app in commercials with album art, looks kind of silly that they don't. You have Alicia Keyes on staff for crying out loud)

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:08 AM
    What I did to get rid of album art issues is to tag all mp3's with the respective album art so the .mp3 files themselves contains the images. Then I delete all other image files from the folders before placing them into my phone. No issues with empty album art no more.
    der_mit and quik4life like this.
    06-12-13 07:58 AM
    Tried it but to no avail. It did loaded only some of the album arts.
    Have you checked again, maybe I should edit the 2-3 minutes it takes to repopulate, it could take more time depending on how much music you have.

I don't have that much music compared to others.

Last edited by Young Z; 06-29-13 at 03:11 PM.
    06-12-13 10:09 AM
    Tried it but no luck :/
    Check again and see if the album art is there now, I've done this method at least 10 times now and works for me(I install a lot of leaks

Last edited by Young Z; 06-29-13 at 03:10 PM.
    06-12-13 10:13 AM
    I have been plagued with this problem too. The only way I have been able to fix it reliably is to:

1 - reformat my SD card to start from scratch
    2 - organize my music on my PC in folders, using the format:

>MUSIC>ARTIST>ALBUM>song1.mp3, song2,mp3, etc...

3. Save the album art as "folder.jpg" in each "ALBUM" folder.
    4. (I'm not sure if this next part is required, but it works for me: I also set the tag on each songX.mp3 file to include "folder.jpg" as its cover art).
    5. Copy all "ARTIST" level folders and subfolders to the "MUSIC" folder of my SD card.

The above process is a bit tedious, but I am very anal about my cover art, and now everything works perfectly for me.
    06-12-13 10:51 AM
    I don't seem to have to have the art in the folder at all nor named as folder.jpg

What I do is load all my music on iTunes and the. Copy the entire folder from my computer. No need to have the album art in the folder. The art seems to be linked with the music file

Black is best Z10!
    06-13-13 12:24 AM
    What I did to get rid of album art issues is to tag all mp3's with the respective album art so the .mp3 files themselves contains the images. Then I delete all other image files from the folders before placing them into my phone. No issues with empty album art no more.
    What do you use to tag your MP3s?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 09:29 PM
    What do you use to tag your MP3s?

Posted via CB10
    A program named mp3tag. It's free.
    ruhban likes this.
    06-24-13 03:18 PM
    I found a solution and I hope it will be effective on others also. Go to System Settings > Storage and Access > Media Card Details > On (turn on USB mass storage). Connect your Z10 to your PC through micro USB cable and wait until you see Removable Disk (memory card). Copy your music from PC to Removable Disk's music folder. When done, disconnect it from PC and go to Music and your album art should load just fine. If an album has an album art but didn't load correctly, go to File Manager and move the album folder from memory card to Device and vice versa. It should load correctly now (in my experience, it did). BlackBerry Link really is the problem here.
    07-02-13 09:41 AM
    If an album has an album art but didn't load correctly, go to File Manager and move the album folder from memory card to Device and vice versa. It should load correctly now (in my experience, it did). BlackBerry Link really is the problem here.
    Cool trick, thanks! Moving back and forth between media card and device cleared up any of my stray album art problems!
    07-02-13 09:57 AM
    Mine still isn't working!!
    07-02-13 10:27 AM
    I found a solution and I hope it will be effective on others also. Go to System Settings > Storage and Access > Media Card Details > On (turn on USB mass storage). Connect your Z10 to your PC through micro USB cable and wait until you see Removable Disk (memory card). Copy your music from PC to Removable Disk's music folder. When done, disconnect it from PC and go to Music and your album art should load just fine. If an album has an album art but didn't load correctly, go to File Manager and move the album folder from memory card to Device and vice versa. It should load correctly now (in my experience, it did). BlackBerry Link really is the problem here.
    Thank you so much!

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01
    07-02-13 10:57 AM
    This works for me if I move a file that isn't showing album art properly from media card to device, but when I move back to media card album art disappears again.

I wish there was a way to force the music app to update/clean the library! Does anyone know if this has improved at all in 10.2?
    10-19-13 12:16 PM
    This works for me if I move a file that isn't showing album art properly from media card to device, but when I move back to media card album art disappears again.
    I had this problem on some albums. I tried deleting the JPEG files before moving the album to the device. After moving the album back the art is still visible.
    02-02-14 12:21 AM