With today's news just cresting, I am realizing that my Z10 will most likely be my last BlackBerry. I know that the company is still progressing going forward, but I am a consumer, and am not in the business market. Where will I go with my next smartphone I do not know. I have always owned a BlackBerry so I don't know where I'll be going. Thoughts? Where do you stand? Just an FYI I'm not dropping my Z10 and will be using it until it dies like I have with my BlackBerry's of the past.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 02:49 PM
    That's all we can do.........

c
    09-20-13 02:52 PM
    That fits your post better.
    09-20-13 02:52 PM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-20-13 02:53 PM
    I'm going down with a dying ship because I really do LOVE my Z10. I feel like buying an extra one just in case BlackBerry decides to halt sales... forever!

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    09-20-13 02:57 PM
    Ahh, you know I may just buy a Z30 out right when Verizon puts them on sale just to have a backup.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-20-13 02:58 PM
    You know, I was thinking the same thing. I just read about the 4,500 layoffs and it makes me very, very sad. I went to a Future Shop here in Toronto earlier today because I was due for an upgrade on one of my lines and I just couldn't buy a Q10, even though it was free and staring me right in the face. Just couldn't do it. And it killed me.

Whatever happens, I hope that this community on CB stays in place, it's still a great source of camaraderie, information, and more.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-20-13 03:02 PM
    Thinking I'll get a Z30. Depends what the news is like when it's released here though. Hoping BB shrinks, becomes more lean and goes niche with a small consumer base so we can still buy them. I'd like to see this done privately, too.
    09-20-13 03:02 PM
    It's blackberry fault
    sooooooooooooooo many poor decisions!

Marketing for there devices and general awareness was poor!

People still ask me what phone I have and the Z10 has been discontinued in 2 major retailers in the UK phones4u and carphone warehouse only being in the market for 9 months.

I'm really not surprised wasted huge amounts of money on stupidity such as the super bowl add which in my opinion was LAZY! Advertisement.

I shocked people are being paid thousands and make such poor business decisions and the average joes are losing their jobs.

Shocking!

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and devin266 like this.
    09-20-13 03:03 PM
    This sickens me!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:07 PM
    I know your feelings, I too love my BlackBerry Z10.
    My work provided me with a Galaxy Note 2, it's a huge phone but I like the battery life and also the Android Jelly Bean OS is buttery smooth. The next Android OS is KitKat which I heard is a very polished Jelly Bean version.
    I've seen and played with the iOS 7 for a few minutes and thought it copied some good features of BB10 and Android. It is still a great stable OS and the ease of using the phone remains. Only the phone feels tiny now after having bigger phones.

I guess it's up to personal preference as to what you desire in a phone. What do you have to require it to do for you?
    09-20-13 03:12 PM
    With today's news just cresting, I am realizing that my Z10 will most likely be my last BlackBerry. I know that the company is still progressing going forward, but I am a consumer, and am not in the business market. Where will I go with my next smartphone I do not know. I have always owned a BlackBerry so I don't know where I'll be going. Thoughts? Where do you stand? Just an FYI I'm not dropping my Z10 and will be using it until it dies like I have with my BlackBerry's of the past.

Posted via CB10
    You love your platform? You enjoy using it? It gets done what you need done the way you need it done? Stick with your platform man. When time comes for you renew your phone and you have no choice from BB you will decide then what is your next move.

I used to use a Palm Pre, and it took my a long time to give it up. I hear there are some die hard fans that still rock Pre�s. Truth be told I haven�t found the perfect WebOS replacement as yet, so if you like BBOS that much you will never be completely satisfied. YOu would have to make do.

For now, use your Z10 and enjoy it.
    rjpawlak likes this.
    09-20-13 03:24 PM
    Well I am no business user either, but I love this OS and this phone and it just does what I want it to do and more. No matter what happens, the phone will keep functioning like it already does (maybe only with lack of updates) so I'll just keep using this one till it gives up on me.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:44 PM
    Yeah whatever because today i will SIDELOAD BBM for ANDROID into my Z10 lol
    pooar likes this.
    09-20-13 03:55 PM
    Was thinking the same thing here. I have only used Blackberry for the past five years and before that it was only Motorola so maybe thats my next option. Not going to buy another Blackberry again for sure. I feel so bad for the people that I talked into buying Z10 also, now I have eggs on my face but life goes on. At least we will still have BBM on other devices lol
    09-20-13 04:17 PM
    i just dont understand how much of a bad job people can do without getting fired. 5k people are losing their jobs but TH still has a job after turning a GREAT phone into another PB (which was great as well).

man.

If the price gets down to like $150 off contract like people are saying then I may buy another!
    maybe they can have a trade-up program for the Z30???
    09-20-13 04:19 PM
    I'm really bummed to hear this. I'd still like to somehow get my hands on a Q10 and eventually a Z30 also. I really do prefer using BlackBerries so I'll figure something out. I mean even if they do go 100% under we can still use the phone except for maybe a few features. As long as I can talk, check email, browse the web and text I'm good!
    09-20-13 05:47 PM
    i just dont understand how much of a bad job people can do without getting fired. 5k people are losing their jobs but TH still has a job after turning a GREAT phone into another PB (which was great as well).

man.

If the price gets down to like $150 off contract like people are saying then I may buy another!
    maybe they can have a trade-up program for the Z30???
    That would be awesome of BlackBerry to a trade-up. I'd trade up my z10, happy consumers are always good. Plus it would be nice for them to reward loyal BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:59 PM
    I will still use my Q,and Z.. will probably get the Z30 full price to keep it as a spare. I used windows phone for 3 months and that drove me bonkers! Can't use android, and won't use iPhone under no conditions. So BlackBerry will be my daily phone until they stop manufacturing phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:09 PM
    If you ask me, the writing was on the wall when Co-CEO Jim Balsillie wasted two and a half years in his ego-driven pursuit to buy a National Hockey League franchise, when his focus should of been on the core of the business itself.
    Daniel Montanaro likes this.
    09-20-13 07:02 PM
    If you ask me, the writing was on the wall when Co-CEO Jim Balsillie wasted two and a half years in his ego-driven pursuit to buy a National Hockey League franchise, when his focus should of been on the core of the business itself.
    I didn't ask you, and you've posted that exact same post at least once before.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:07 PM
    Well I will definitely ride this out. I'm still curious to see how BBM pans out and will continue on until I cannot any more

Posted via Z10
    09-20-13 08:09 PM

man.
    AND collect a $55 million windfall if the company changes hands.
    09-20-13 08:59 PM
    Love my Z10 like no other. Planning on a Z30 in the new year since I believe BB will continue to hang around at least for a few years yet as it regroups.
    donmateo likes this.
    09-20-13 09:18 PM
    The best product is not always a commercial success. I think we've seen this many times in recent history. Remember Betamax? How about lazer discs?
    Perhaps BlackBerry finds its footing in a smaller form, or as a division of a bigger company.
    I think BlackBerry has some neat innovations. Does that make a business case for them selling handsets?
    BlackBerry 's bread and butter was making the office mobile on a secure platform. Maybe it's just time they got back to what they do best.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:19 PM
42 12