After setting the alarm, are the two choices there as to how to turn off the phone? I like the fact that I can turn it off but the alarm will turn it back on. I hope they have kept this feature or will include it before the phones come out in the US.
    02-02-13 02:37 PM
    There is no option.. but I've just set my alarm and turned it off.. so I'll let you know in a few minutes what happens
    02-02-13 03:33 PM
    Ok well the alarm didnt go off when it was turned off
    02-02-13 03:37 PM
    Many thanks. Were there two options, though - one to turn it all the way off and one that mentions that the alarm will turn it back on? Or is there now just the one option to turn it off?
    02-02-13 03:55 PM
    Only option is to hold the button for 3 seconds.. nothing else.
    02-02-13 03:56 PM
    What does the bedtime mode do?
    02-02-13 03:58 PM
    Oh well, one more small but useful feature not included. I think the phones look impressive, but there are these small details (like choosing to delete messages on just the device or on the server as well) that seem to be missing. To me, they are what made the BlackBerrys different (and better) than the other phones. Sic transit and all that . . .
    02-02-13 04:22 PM
    I thought I answered this, so if it shows up somewhere else as well, my apologies. Bedtime mode allows you to turn off alerts and just choose what you want to hear, like the telephone (at least on my 9930). But the phone still has to be left turned on - the other option turned off the phone to conserved the battery, then turned itself back on with the alarm. This has been especially great for travelling.
    02-02-13 04:28 PM
    Bedtime also makes the screen / clock go a dim red instead of bright white.
    02-02-13 04:40 PM
    To be fair, there are not many smartphones of this calibre (iPhone etc) that you would leave unplugged by the bedside at night relying on the alarm clock without the battery going.. almost all phones like this now are expected to be plugged in / charged up if you need to use them.

There are some things from BlackBerry OS7/6/4 that will never port across because they are deprecated and not really suited to how these things work.. I'm sure they would loved to have bring all features across, but some of those features or lack of are what caused BlackBerry to falter, so they really need to make some tough decisions.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 04:43 PM
    I know, I know - it's a pity, though, because these are the details that differentiated BlackBerry from the others and made it a real adult tool. Of course, that's what probably caused all the problems - people now want a toy, not a tool. Angry Birds (obviously) Rule!!
    laintencion32 likes this.
    02-02-13 05:00 PM
    I just found out about this, as I have to wake up early today ... Since I still have my Bold 9900, that will be my alarm until this is resolved... the feature of the alarm turning up the phone is a fantastic feature...!
    04-19-13 12:18 AM
    This may be a dumb question, but how do you get into bedside mode?

I've read the option will show up in the Clock app when plugged in, but... I don't see it.
    04-19-13 12:46 AM
    This may be a dumb question, but how do you get into bedside mode?

I've read the option will show up in the Clock app when plugged in, but... I don't see it.
    Either within the clock app or lock your phone and drag down from the top of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:51 AM
    Got it. Thanks.
    04-19-13 12:58 AM